These sound great when they're right up against a loud 12" cone.

yeah, that was one of the reasons for getting it :)

you motherbitch :p i really want a go to multi pattern condenser all mine are cardioid

i've been avoiding cardoid only condensors :p

let us know how well the 1 spot fares

got it today. absolutely awesome. powers all my pedals (DL4, Boss OD3, EXH Nano Small Stone & Behringer Chromatic Tuner) nicely and without any noise. :) very cheap too, 20 quid for the adaptor, daisy chain & line 6 plug.

also, on topic:

won this guy today-

180px-EBow.jpg

:)

won this guy today-

180px-EBow.jpg

i have one of those!!! It's sigur-ros-tacular!!

my parents got it for me for my birthday, and they're actually fucking brilliant. still struggling with the harmonic mode, but the normal sustain mode is so cool. Sounds the best with loads of reverb and a bit of distortion.

got it today. absolutely awesome. powers all my pedals (DL4, Boss OD3, EXH Nano Small Stone & Behringer Chromatic Tuner) nicely and without any noise. :) very cheap too, 20 quid for the adaptor, daisy chain & line 6 plug.

okay cheers! might be dipping into the emergency fund for one then.

farken hell how many times have you said that

:facepalm:

turn up clean channel to the point where its loud but not gritty.

yes?

pick a note.

hold guitar to amp.

viola

So "clean channel + picking dynamics" means all that^? Learn to write FS!

you wont get infinite sustain from doing that, you will have to be rediculously loud to have a half-decent effect comparable with an Ebow, and you wont have the violin like attack to your notes.

So "clean channel + picking dynamics" means all that^? Learn to write FS!

you wont get infinite sustain from doing that, you will have to be rediculously loud to have a half-decent effect comparable with an Ebow, and you wont have the violin like attack to your notes.

volume control! far out if its loud enough and you're vibrato technique is up to scratch you dont need to use your picking hand at all.

my parents got it for me for my birthday, and they're actually fucking brilliant. still struggling with the harmonic mode, but the normal sustain mode is so cool. Sounds the best with loads of reverb and a bit of distortion.

yeah yeah :) I had one a few months ago, but sold it because I needed teh m0niez. but i missed have the cool functions it has, so i kept looking on ebay every so often for a £40-50 ebow. got it for 46 inc. postage. reverb is nice with them though i will agree! i also want to see how nice delay is with them. didn't have a delay pedal with it when i had one originally.

volume control! far out if its loud enough and you're vibrato technique is up to scratch you dont need to use your picking hand at all.

You could use your volume control I suppose. I am having difficulty getting accross the massive differences between the sound of naturally sustaining an electric guitar, and the sound of using an Ebow. Have you tried one? I tried one, it was a year ago to be fair, but I deffinitely remember the tones coming out of the guitar I was trying it on, and they were significantly different to the sound you get from strumming a note/chord, turning your volume knob up, being rediculously loud, and vibrato-ing enough to sustain the note for a minute (which I have also done - fun on bass but makes you shit your pants).

Archived