Triple post, boom! (Oh, almost!) Okay, so I looked on the envelope, which by the way came apart when I opened it like it was made of asbestos, haha! Anyway, I referenced the name and location of the sender on Google and got a match from the site I sent it from. So it looks like this is the replacement I ordered for definite then, even though the order status was never updated, and I'm not even sure the money has gone out of my account yet, haha! Anyway. I'll test it with some FF oscillolz tonight. Hopefully some progress made! :happy:

Well, because the order still says "Pending" online, I wasn't expecting anything to be delivered today, obviously.

Anyway, I finished work and came here, and then had a call from him saying he had a package for me, but as I wasn't there, he asked where I was and brought it down here for me instead.

Very convenient. I just have to hope it doesn't rain on the way home now! Then I'll test it out and hope it works. It's a nice sounding tremolo from what I heard before.

Edit:

are you shitting me? He volunteers enough information. Don't ask him for it!!

LMAO! :LOL:

Nah, my posts definitely aren't long enough! :chuckle:

But I need to know! It's so exciting...you never know what'll happen next in the world of Bs. Earlier he thought he wasn't going to get the pedal yet, and then BOOM he got it shortly after he posted that.

BTW I'm still waiting for my bass, but I want a decent OD pedal I can use with this setup. What do you use?

I haven't got a proper bass cabinet, or even a bass amp (it's an old 120 watt Orange amp, which CAN be used for bass... they were used for pretty much everything)

Well, because the order still says "Pending" online, I wasn't expecting anything to be delivered today, obviously.

Anyway, I finished work and came here, and then had a call from him saying he had a package for me, but as I wasn't there, he asked where I was and brought it down here for me instead.

Very convenient. I just have to hope it doesn't rain on the way home now! Then I'll test it out and hope it works. It's a nice sounding tremolo from what I heard before.

Sounds good, and yeah, certain websites are like that sometimes when you order stuff.

I have to admit that the last month has been pretty unpredictable for things like this. It's like a really bad television drama show. If you want something similar, then you can be excited about whether or not my new order for the Freeze will be processed before or after the money for it goes into my account. Exciting stuff! :rolleyes:

Bs drama may be entertaining me, but only because I CBA to do my work.

what sort of bass OD sound are you going for?

I'm honestly not sure. Nothing fuzzy or heavily distorted. I guess something that doesn't fall apart and has a fairly clear sound.

I'm not sure how the amp setup will affect this. The speakers SHOULD be able to handle it, but they're still guitar speakers.

you could deffinitely do with a graphic EQ or the like - something to cut out below 50Hz or so to protect your speakers.

For dirt pedals - get a blender and you can use your guitar pedals. Barring that I like the ODB-3 but most people hate it. Tech 21 XXL is one i'm desperate to get but can't afford new, i'm not sure if it'll do sublte. I think they've brought out a bass Tube Screamer now which could be good. You could probably get a decent OD out of your amp though. Don't worry about the speakers, just make sure you roll some low end off.

EDIT: I actually have a DHA Bob The Blender which I never use. It's a valve driven blender pedal which would be perfect for blending dry bass back in with a guitar peddle. Let me know if you fancy it, I think I paid £100 years ago.

you could deffinitely do with a graphic EQ or the like - something to cut out below 50Hz or so to protect your speakers.

For dirt pedals - get a blender and you can use your guitar pedals. Barring that I like the ODB-3 but most people hate it. Tech 21 XXL is one i'm desperate to get but can't afford new, i'm not sure if it'll do sublte. I think they've brought out a bass Tube Screamer now which could be good. You could probably get a decent OD out of your amp though. Don't worry about the speakers, just make sure you roll some low end off.

EDIT: I actually have a DHA Bob The Blender which I never use. It's a valve driven blender pedal which would be perfect for blending dry bass back in with a guitar peddle. Let me know if you fancy it, I think I paid £100 years ago.

Thanks

That sounds like an interesting setup - I might have that off you, but I'm going to look into it a bit more first. So I can basically use any OD pedal designed for guitar then?

:LOL: I wish you could do a running commentary of my life...

But I need to know! It's so exciting...you never know what'll happen next in the world of Bs. Earlier he thought he wasn't going to get the pedal yet, and then BOOM he got it shortly after he posted that.

Sounds like a c-rated action movie...I like it.

Thanks

That sounds like an interesting setup - I might have that off you, but I'm going to look into it a bit more first. So I can basically use any OD pedal designed for guitar then?

The reason they make bass specific dirt pedals is that a lot of distortion circuits seem to lose low end. A good way to re-introduce some low end is to blend some clean with your signal, so people use things like the LS-2, Xotic X blender etc (and bob the blender is just a valve version).

If you get bass specific pedals, they should be able to retain that low end and punch - a lot have a clean blend built in.

Amp distortion might be ace though, you don't know until you try! Just remember to roll the low end off

It looks like my luck's coming back a bit after all the hassle recently. Got back from work about half an hour or so ago, and I literally just walked into my street, and the guy from DPD pulled up, recognised me, and gave me the package for my Freeze there and then. I thought it would take a few days to be delivered, so that was a great surprise.

Briefly checked it worked, and it's a nice little thing. I tested it with Fuzz Factory oscillation, and noticed, in case anyone's interested, that it doesn't replicate it exactly. It's a bit like when you run the Fuzz Factory through a Whammy, although not quite as much as that. It doesn't matter too much as it's only meant to be used for background sound really, but I just thought I'd mention.

Sounds cool though. Tested it with a bit of Whammy, delay, and tremolo for a few minutes and it works well. I was going to get a Polytune next but as my Pacifica is now completely dead, I wouldn't be able to test it worked properly until I get the MB-1, so I'll probably wait until then to order it. In the mean time, I might save up for those Z.vex probes. :ninja:

Guest Batman.

Bs, couldn't you just solder the wires back together on your pacifica? Soldering irons are quite cheap, if you don't have one, and it sounds like an easy fix to me.

But then again I'm a n00b so I might be wrong.

Jimbo, it would never have crossed my mind before I had those 3 faulty pedals in a row over those 2 weeks recently. Now I want to be sure, haha! But the MB-1 won't be long now.

Harley, yes, certainly, it could be fixed. I could either go and buy a soldering iron, or take it into a local shop and get it done or whatever. But to be honest, is it really worth it? I'm never going to play it again as soon as the MB-1 comes anyway, and there's other damage to the body and stuff too. Plus some of the electronics have been loose inside for a while too, so sometimes the sound doesn't travel through from the pickups completely as it should anyway.

Like you have to keep pushing the pick up selector until it connects properly or something. I don't know, it's a bit of a mess. It's been on its way out for some time now really. It was great as a starter guitar to learn on, but the last couple of years, it's been over due retirement and replacement really. So for the hassle and money it would take to get it working as it should, it's just not worth it sadly. So I think I'll just leave it be from now on.

sounds like simple bit of trouble shooting on the wiring and a decent set up and you'd have a decent little back up guitar. especially seeing as the MB1 is staying in drop D so you need something in standard until you get your custom. could be a fun little project to stick some new pick ups in or whatever or at least to sell on.

I'm not even going to risk attempting that, haha!

sounds like simple bit of trouble shooting on the wiring and a decent set up and you'd have a decent little back up guitar. especially seeing as the MB1 is staying in drop D so you need something in standard until you get your custom. could be a fun little project to stick some new pick ups in or whatever or at least to sell on.

Hmmm, I don't know, I'll consider it. I'm going to ask Mansons on the Drop D issue anyway.

Not really. :$

And I don't know, I'll consider it, but it's not really top of my priorities at the moment. Too busy to play guitar at the moment anyway, and when the MB-1 comes, I'll worry about it later if I ever want to play it again.

Not really. :$

And I don't know, I'll consider it, but it's not really top of my priorities at the moment. Too busy to play guitar at the moment anyway, and when the MB-1 comes, I'll worry about it later if I ever want to play it again.

You dont have a guitar atm? havent you been buying pedals? I read that you wanted to have stuff ready for when the MB-1 turned, which is understandable, but how have you been testing this? better yet how are you not going mad knowing youve got a load of cool pedals lying around that you cant use??? :LOL:

Archived