Whammy DT #3 Received! :awesome:

And from my quick overview, it looks like it all works. I did a quick test of all the LEDs and footswitches and they all appear to work perfectly. I haven't plugged it in yet though, but I'm assuming the treadle works, haha! Seems like good news anyway.

Stereo Pulsar collected too. Hoping they can process a refund reasonably quickly so I can try and get it elsewhere before Christmas...

Whammy DT #3 Received! :awesome:

And from my quick overview, it looks like it all works. I did a quick test of all the LEDs and footswitches and they all appear to work perfectly. I haven't plugged it in yet though, but I'm assuming the treadle works, haha! Seems like good news anyway.

Stereo Pulsar collected too. Hoping they can process a refund reasonably quickly so I can try and get it elsewhere before Christmas...

Good luck... :facepalm:

Good luck... :facepalm:

Whammy DT is A-Okay! :)

Drop tuning Oct Down + Dry sounds beastly. I can't remember ever rocking out as much as playing Township Rebellion with that setting this morning, haha! I'll record a demo or something in a couple of weeks if anyone wants to hear how it compares to the old models.

i played it last week, didn't buy it till yesterday though, played nice needs a good setup though

I just noticed your thread on rig talk.

Not sure if you paid for it yet, but it definitely looks real to me. Only concern is the setup. If it's not playing well, you might want to have it checked out by a professional...and maybe you can talk the price down because of that ;)

Either way, check this out.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/CounterfeitGibsons/

in addition to the list at the bottom, the fakes usually didn't have the binding covering the fret ends. The 335 you bought does have the binding covering the fret ends.

the only time real gibsons don't is when they're refretted.

I don't think I've seen a fake 335...really just les pauls.

I just noticed your thread on rig talk.

Not sure if you paid for it yet, but it definitely looks real to me. Only concern is the setup. If it's not playing well, you might want to have it checked out by a professional...and maybe you can talk the price down because of that ;)

Either way, check this out.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/CounterfeitGibsons/

in addition to the list at the bottom, the fakes usually didn't have the binding covering the fret ends. The 335 you bought does have the binding covering the fret ends.

the only time real gibsons don't is when they're refretted.

I don't think I've seen a fake 335...really just les pauls.

thanks for the info, there are a few 335 fakes around at the min, I'm sure this one isn't fake now, guitar should be with me today so ill post some better photos, its booked into get a setup next week along with the trussart, spotted some bare knuckles i want for it aswel.

:D Going to pick up an Ashdown Five Fifteen (100W 2x10 ministack) tomorrow for my... oh no wait I don't have a bass yet :facepalm:

Hmm... modern and active, or classic Precision? Still leaning toward the latter...

As a question, what kind of stuff are you looking at playing? It might narrow it down a bit. The Ashdown will make things generally sound warm so either bass will suffice. In your situation I'd get a Jazz Bass... but...

If you're set on getting a precision... go active if you can afford it. The American Deluxe P-Bass is a remarkable bass. It is the only Fender bass I would consider getting even though I despise the look and general feel of the P-Bass, something about it felt and sounded so nice :)

ashdown can go from warm to scooped. You know they're designed by the same guys who did the old TE stuff - hardly "warm"

I know (the sound side that is, not who designed it), that's why I have been looking at getting one. I'm just saying that in general their flat EQ settings are generally what I would describe as "warm"

As a question, what kind of stuff are you looking at playing? It might narrow it down a bit. The Ashdown will make things generally sound warm so either bass will suffice. In your situation I'd get a Jazz Bass... but...

If you're set on getting a precision... go active if you can afford it. The American Deluxe P-Bass is a remarkable bass. It is the only Fender bass I would consider getting even though I despise the look and general feel of the P-Bass, something about it felt and sounded so nice :)

Yeah, basically I'm going for a bit of a Colin Greenwood vibe, a nice warm tone, and a lot of the other stuff I play suits a Precision (lots of Queens of the Stone Age, bit of Foo Fighters, that lot). But then on the other end of the scale is Them Crooked Vultures, about the other 50% of my influences. JPJ uses his active humbucking Manson, it's pretty Stingray like, tone most notable on the live Scumbag Blues and Warsaw bass solos.

I've got the Ashdown now, it's really nice actually, not that I've tried it with bass yet, just guitar (apart from with a rather nice active 5 string Custom Shop Jazz Bass when trying it out). Pretty versatile in the EQ. It has a deep switch that basically smiley faces the EQ, and I would imagine it goes some of the way to make a bass sound more Stingray like, that distinctive scooped tone.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Upgraded-Squier-Fender-Silver-Series-Jazz-Bass-Made-Japan-/300631736888?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item45ff0c4238#ht_500wt_1202 Active Jazz there... but I don't really want a jazz despite all, I had one and it's somewhat lackluste for me. Doesn't have the punch and growl of a P bass or the full on scooped Stingray tone.

Archived