Nice, but i've always preferred the DSL. Get some seriously huge stuff out of my JCM2000 combo. at some stage when my band is actually getting paid for gigs I'll invest in the head with a 64 cab :awesome:

Yeah I'm getting it with a 1960A. It's going to be amazing.

The DSL sounds somewhat fuzzy, whereas the TSL sounds like typical Marshall overdrive. It really just depends on what you're looking for. I think the TSL is better for cleans and low gain because it's not as muddy, but the DSL can get some fucking amazing thick OD toanz.

Either way they both sound amazing.

I've found my DSL is like it's got an inbuilt Fuzz Factory and big muff, you can get some serious early bellzor fuzzy toan out of it. The cleans aren't great, but it is better with different guitars i think. Whats weird is that sometimes a compressor at the start of the chain gives a nicer clean tone but destroys the distortion... You cant get the clean loud enough as well without turning up the gain, which gives it bite. Sometimes awesome for blues and even a jazz turned rock song we're doing in the band, but usually too distorted for perfect clean tracks.

1960A arrived today, but I can't help but ask an ignorant question...

What is the difference between to two inputs? :facepalm:

Depends on whether you have it set on mono or stereo.

In stereo, each jack is 8 ohms (running two speakers each)

In mono, one jack is 4 ohms, and the other 16. (running all four speakers)

Simplest way to hook your amp up is use the 16 ohm jack on the head, set the switch on the cab to mono, and plug into the 16 ohm input (the one on the right I believe). and make sure you're using a speaker cable rather than a guitar cable.

Depends on whether you have it set on mono or stereo.

In stereo, each jack is 8 ohms (running two speakers each)

In mono, one jack is 4 ohms, and the other 16. (running all four speakers)

Simplest way to hook your amp up is use the 16 ohm jack on the head, set the switch on the cab to mono, and plug into the 16 ohm input (the one on the right I believe). and make sure you're using a speaker cable rather than a guitar cable.

Alright. My amp actually just arrived today. I drove down to my local guitar shop and picked up a speaker cable. It sounds amazing. I haven't messed with the settings very much yet, or set up my pedals, but I'll get to it.

319586_259999607379104_100001072015818_716551_2038679778_n.jpg

Thanks for the advice.

Alright. My amp actually just arrived today. I drove down to my local guitar shop and picked up a speaker cable. It sounds amazing. I haven't messed with the settings very much yet, or set up my pedals, but I'll get to it.

319586_259999607379104_100001072015818_716551_2038679778_n.jpg

Thanks for the advice.

What a shitty phone pic, bro. Embarrassing.

On the bright side, I dig the white coily cable...very Jack Black Gear Mandude

cool, like a high and low gain rig?

Pretty much - one amp will be set clean, and the other distorted.

But I might have a separate OD pedal going into the clean amp for a different sound. The second amp will always be set distorted though. Just need to figure out the best way to set everything up.

deluxe-memory-man-tap-tempo.jpg

It's finally mine! :awesome:

It came late yesterday afternoon! Only about 300 of them are going to exist due to the chips needed for it being so rare, so I'm so happy that I've got mine now! 1100ms of beautiful analog delay, or up to 1500ms with the tap tempo although it obviously loses a bit of clarity with the longer times using that. Sounds great anyway, can't wait for my new cables and everything to really put it through its paces as the ones I tested it with last night are really on their last legs and a lot of the signal wasn't going through. Still funny that everything you play instantly sounds like The Edge though! :chuckle:

Using the modulation dials properly might take me a bit of getting used to, but otherwise, I love it already! :happy:

The example that EHX usually give is if you used something like a POG set to an octave up. Then each repeat would be an octave higher than the last. There's a video on YouTube of it somewhere. I assume you could use it for other things too, but I probably won't use it at all realistically. It over complicates things a bit for my uses.

Archived