Thinking I might start writing down the settings that I like. Im planning on putting a board together soon once I have the rest of the pedals Im after, then I can just stick a piece of paper with all the settings on down next to the pedal.

Probably going to record something in the next few days once the delay pedal gets delivered. Tempted to do KoC just because the Strat and Muff do it so well, but if I get a chance I could do a quick one of CTMEOY as well if you like?

Yeah I'd like to hear I cant take my eyes off you.

Yeah I'd like to hear I cant take my eyes off you.

Damn, delivery on my bass is going to be later than expected so I won't be able to use it at live practice on Thursday. Ill blame IntelligentAI for all the delays in world of courier services.

For this, do a cover of CTMEOY plox.

Couriers just hate me. I missed another parcel today... containing another EHX pedal :(

But when I get that, CTMEOY :awesome:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170710409752

Hopefully it won't need over $400 to get it working like the last one did.

Niiiice. Sound clips when its running? Gimme some blooz James.

Well, I guess I should post in here. In addition to my MB-1 and Memory Man, both of which I'm still waiting for, James has ordered a load of bondage gear/guitar cables (delete as appropriate) for me. Then I still have my custom bridge being modded, and I might buy some more Tortex picks later on in the evening/week.

Well, I guess I should post in here. In addition to my MB-1 and Memory Man, both of which I'm still waiting for, James has ordered a load of bondage gear/guitar cables (delete as appropriate) for me. Then I still have my custom bridge being modded, and I might buy some more Tortex picks later on in the evening/week.

guitar cables? you sick fuck :eyebrows:

Do you want .73mm tortex picks? I have a small box full of them - I can send you a couple dozen with the cables if you want.

guitar cables? you sick fuck :eyebrows:

Do you want .73mm tortex picks? I have a small box full of them - I can send you a couple dozen with the cables if you want.

Lmao! Damn right! :rolleyes:

Are you serious? Unused? Free? :ninja:

Lmao! Damn right! :rolleyes:

Are you serious? Unused? Free? :ninja:

Yes and yes :awesome: as long as you don't mind waiting about two weeks for them - I just got a call about the cables, and they said 6-7 days to get the special order ones from proco. (and I figure it will take about a week for the package to get to the UK)

*insert-not-sure-if-serious-picture-here* :LOL:

If you PM me your address and stuff, James, I'll try and get the Whammy sent out this weekend. I just need something to send it in. I think I've got something lying around but I don't know where at the moment. If not I'll have to buy another one, but it doesn't matter. I've got the day off tomorrow, but the weekend's probably best...

*insert-not-sure-if-serious-picture-here* :LOL:

If you PM me your address and stuff, James, I'll try and get the Whammy sent out this weekend. I just need something to send it in. I think I've got something lying around but I don't know where at the moment. If not I'll have to buy another one, but it doesn't matter. I've got the day off tomorrow, but the weekend's probably best...

I know it sounds a bit odd, but I'm dead serious :awesome:

I'll send you a PM now

Then it's probably a good thing you let me know! Haha! I'm not sure what my reaction would have been to opening up what you'd sent me and finding a load of sweets inside too! It could be interpreted in a number of ways! :LOL:

Bass arrived today. Pics will go up later but my first impressions...

The negatives:

- Only one pickup has changed (Jazz pickup is original) and it's wired in the most unusual way, turning down increases volume. I think I'm going to clone the original electronics and restore it to its glory

- The neck intonation was terrible. I adjusted it but...the A string has very slight fret buzz from the 9th to the 14th fret when I pluck very hard (which is rare for me to do). I will have to see what I can do about that. I'm now super happy with where the action is. I'll take it in to a shop to get sorted one day. For now it'll happily do.

- Doesn't look like it's been cleaned in a while. A few of the adjustment screws are rusty and what not. I guess that's to be expected, it is 23 years old. I can always replace the screws.

The positives:

- The original knobs are in the box still for later on. :D

- Stays in tune really well

- Plays quite nicely. Despite a ding in the neck, it feels very smooth. Probably be loads better with my preferred Elixirs instead of the cheap ones on here at hte moment.

- Despite the dirtyness, it's rather well kept for a 23 year old instrument that's passed through many hands.

- Build quality is superb. Everything is sturdy and tidy. The neck join is tight :)

- Everything else is exactly the same to my other bass

EDIT: Image:

305171_10150880315410122_798025121_21721152_306643545_n.jpg

I got my precision set up at my luthier... quite some fret ring, but it's quite pleasant! It's something that's not necessarily bad for basses, especially on P-basses.

But I like the feel of Bass Collections in general, so I'm looking forward to hearing what you can do to this beauty. Also, it might be a nice idea that, if this is more or less the same specs as your other bass, to put some nickle round wounds for a different sound.

I like where it's at now. The strings are probably the only nasty thing now.

Also tried the compressor that came with it. It definitely is a compressor and it does suprisingly well even if it darkens the tone a tiny bit. I will most definitely use it but it seems to need a new switch, it doesn't switch on properly and the wiring seems rock solid which could mean that the switch is at an end.

You're right about the buzz though. My other BC has fuzz on all four strings and thats only if pluck unreasonably hard. I might just adjust this one a tiny bit more and leave it. Other than that, haven't put it down :)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/electro-harmonix-classics-usa-big-muff-pi-distortion--sustainer-guitar-effects-pedal

Literally put a sock in it because turning it on and off made the loudest noise ever (hollow aluminum box). Now that I think about it, it's quite fitting that I put a fuzzy sock inside a fuzz pedal.....

Also

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/peavey-classic-30-112-tube-combo-amp

Should be here in a week or so. :D

Archived