Got a whammy last saturday, and I have fallen in love with the harmony setting when you put it -1 octave, makes everything sound so much beefier...

This.

Just my opinion, but I don't think a guitar sound should have too much low end. That's what the bass is for.

Go ahead and take away my whammy, Tom.

Having said that...this was pretty amazing

DSC00135.jpg

This.

Just my opinion, but I don't think a guitar sound should have too much low end. That's what the bass is for.

If you run from the dry output to a guitar amp and the wet to a bass amp, it would be pretty much the same thing. :p

Guitar with octave down is great. I'm pretty sure this is a great example, but I don't have speakers at work so can't check it's the right song. Anyway, this is using an OC-2, which as i've said has a much tighter low end than the whammy on -1 octave IMO.

B5MH4D_42hA

There's plenty of room for low end in guitar, but it all depends on how you want the band to sound as a whole. My guitarist has a rediculous amount of low end at the moment, but I do roll it off when mixing if i'm playing the bass. When i'm on drums we have a bass player who takes up much less "room" in the mix, so there's space to put some low end guitar back in.

2245a23bbf7c973c50fef1b2303c9614.jpg

Callaham beotches :awesome:

Should arrive very soon. Extremely excited, no more crappy pot metal blocks... very tired indeed of arm wobble. That's really the main reason I ordered one.

Nice, got one of those on my strat. It was more for tone/sustain though, and it did make a slight difference over the stock one...I think

Also, I just ordered a new neck for that guitar. Couldn't really get along with the other one...got something fairly standard this time.

CBS Stratocaster®, Warmoth Pro , Right Handed, Maple, Indian Rosewood Fretboard, 1 11/16" Nut Width, Standard thin, 6130, Gotoh/Grover (13/32", 11/32") Tuner Ream, 22 frets, Straight 9.5" Radius, Cream Face Dots Inlay, GraphTech Black TUSQ XL, Clear Satin Nitro, 25-1/2 in. Scale

fretboard doesn't look as nice though.

not sure yet, might put it on ebay or something. or maybe it might find a use in the future as i'm planning to build something else.

edit:

on the subject of that strat

It's in pieces right now while I'm waiting for the new neck (and because I spilled glue on it last night). Trying to decide whether to stay with the vintage theme, or to go EVH on it

I've had an EVH frankenstein pickup lying around as well as a strat sized P90 neck pickup. Thinking of redoing it with those and taking the BKPs, bridge block, etc and using them on a new project...

not sure yet, might put it on ebay or something. or maybe it might find a use in the future as i'm planning to build something else.

edit:

on the subject of that strat

It's in pieces right now while I'm waiting for the new neck (and because I spilled glue on it last night). Trying to decide whether to stay with the vintage theme, or to go EVH on it

I've had an EVH frankenstein pickup lying around as well as a strat sized P90 neck pickup. Thinking of redoing it with those and taking the BKPs, bridge block, etc and using them on a new project...

Any good pics of it? I might be interested :)

Archived