When did Matt take singing lessons?

Plex

I find most female singers very boring....or uninteresting. There are a few exceptions though.

I agree with you there. The only female singer I like is Loreena Mckennitt and she does Celtic music.

/on topic

Matt's voice is one of the main reasons I love this band. I thought he sounded especially good on TR but that's just me :p

I agree with you there. The only female singer I like is Loreena Mckennitt and she does Celtic music.

/on topic

Matt's voice is one of the main reasons I love this band. I thought he sounded especially good on TR but that's just me :p

(That isn't on topic ;))

Tarja Turunen!

Kate Bush, the singer of Metric, KATE NASH!

Okay, there are quite a few, but none that I really get attached to.

(That isn't on topic ;))

Tarja Turunen!

Kate Bush, the singer of Metric, KATE NASH!

Okay, there are quite a few, but none that I really get attached to.

Well everybody was talking about what they thought of Matts voice so it looked on topic to me :p. ( I didn't even read the first page of the thread so I really don't know what's going on :$)

Didn't care for Metric when I saw them at C-ville.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzW2GOhvbU8

This is the only other female singer I like. Nothing special about her but I like the sound.

Fark... I'm late to the party here. :LOL:

Nah, but he has gotten the question several times, and I doubt that he is trying to hide taking vocal lessons :p

You'd be surprised how many artists like to hide taking lessons, because they want to appear as if they have a natural gift. Plus this fits in with Muse's marketing scheme.

A great example of a great singer, that really strains his voice during his high notes, more than Matt would ever have to do in for example City of Delusion. Still he does this concert after concert, in several songs. That is just the way his voice is. It can take a beating and is made of fucking steel.

Actually, Gnecco isn't straining in that clip. :) He has great technique and uses lots of manual support, as opposed to the natural support Matt uses. I could explain the difference, but we'd be here all night. :LOL:

Suffice to say, Gnecco knows what he's doing and has most likely been trained. Matt just goes for the notes and gets lucky... most of the time.

What I personally think Matt should take lessons for is his upper register. I would like to see Matt try on some high notes without the falsetto for once.

:yesey:

Fark... I'm late to the party here. :LOL:

You'd be surprised how many artists like to hide taking lessons, because they want to appear as if they have a natural gift. Plus this fits in with Muse's marketing scheme.

Ah well, maybe I just think too good of Matt :LOL:

Actually, Gnecco isn't straining in that clip. :) He has great technique and uses lots of manual support, as opposed to the natural support Matt uses. I could explain the difference, but we'd be here all night. :LOL:

Suffice to say, Gnecco knows what he's doing and has most likely been trained. Matt just goes for the notes and gets lucky... most of the time.

Gnecco has great technique, but to say that he isn't straining for those high notes would be a lie.

EDIT: This whole song is another example

(Sounds shit tbh :p)

Ah well, maybe I just think too good of Matt :LOL:

I don't think there is anything demeaning about a singer taking singing lessons. There's a certain prestige to musicians teaching themselves to play instruments but I understand a voice can deteriorate if not used properly so it seems sensible for singers to learn to use their voices in a way that causes the least strain. I don't think it detracts from natural talent.

I don't think there is anything demeaning about a singer taking singing lessons. There's a certain prestige to musicians teaching themselves to play instruments but I understand a voice can deteriorate if not used properly so it seems sensible for singers to learn to use their voices in a way that causes the least strain. I don't think it detracts from natural talent.

Once again missing the point. :p

Thinking too good of him by believing that he wouldn't lie about something like that.

Once again missing the point. :p

Thinking too good of him by believing that he wouldn't lie about something like that.

Well that's a turn-up for the books. :p Well actually tbh I don't remember specifically if you're one of those who makes a point about Matt lying about stuff.

But, if he had taken singing lesson and denied it, personally, I wouldn't see that as a big deal but, whatever, who knows.

Well that's a turn-up for the books. :p Well actually tbh I don't remember specifically if you're one of those who makes a point about Matt lying about stuff.

But, if he had taken singing lesson and denied it, personally, I wouldn't see that as a big deal but, whatever, who knows.

I know that Matt talks a lot of shit, but I just don't see him lying about a thing like that, simple as that.

And like I said about the lying stuff, I don't think he goes out with the intention of lying, but ending up breaking promises also counts as a lie.

I know that Matt talks a lot of shit, but I just don't see him lying about a thing like that, simple as that.

And like I said about the lying stuff, I don't think he goes out with the intention of lying, but ending up breaking promises also counts as a lie.

Well I could see him having reason to lie about singing lessons (nothing to do with marketing - not to say he is, I have no idea) but not so much about the other stuff, so there you go. :LOL:

And dare I get into it yet again (Yawn, yawn :LOL:), a "broken promise" (which incidentally wasn't actually a promise in this case) is not a lie. It's only a lie if you know you are going to break it, when you say it.

Well I could see him having reason to lie about singing lessons (nothing to do with marketing - not to say he is, I have no idea) but not so much about the other stuff, so there you go. :LOL:

And dare I get into it yet again (Yawn, yawn :LOL:), a "broken promise" (which incidentally wasn't actually a promise in this case) is not a lie. It's only a lie if you know you are going to break it, when you say it.

"this case". I didn't know we were talking about a specific case. At least I'm not.

But does it make it any better just because you can't consider it a "lie" by definition? There is no point in arguing over words when what he did stays the same. He HAS broken promises, and he HAS lied(MM-pedal).

"this case". I didn't know we were talking about a specific case. At least I'm not.

But does it make it any better just because you can't consider it a "lie" by definition? There is no point in arguing over words when what he did stays the same. He HAS broken promises, and he HAS lied(MM-pedal).

:LOL: So let the person who has never told a lie or broken a promise cast the first stone! :LOL:

Actually I don't remember him breaking a promise and I don't think the MM pedal thing can be proven a lie as perhaps he was put off by losing a favourite pedal, but in any case, it's hardly the crime of the century! :LOL: And I expect he does tell lies at times, who doesn't. You're all just too intense and gullible! :LOL:

:LOL: So let the person who has never told a lie or broken a promise cast the first stone! :LOL:

Actually I don't remember him breaking a promise and I don't think the MM pedal thing can be proven a lie as perhaps he was put off by losing a favourite pedal, but in any case, it's hardly the crime of the century! :LOL: And I expect he does tell lies at times, who doesn't. You're all just too intense and gullible! :LOL:

You are the one questioning me when I say Matt lies, it's not my fault it becomes a big thing when I prove you wrong ;)

"perhaps he was put off by losing a favourite pedal" Dear God :LOL:

You are the one questioning me when I say Matt lies, it's not my fault it becomes a big thing when I prove you wrong ;)

"perhaps he was put off by losing a favourite pedal" Dear God :LOL:

It's not a big thing nor can you prove anything. Maybe he was joking about the pedal or making it up but I really couldn't care less. I think it's probably the most pathetic argument, regarding supposed insight into Matt's character, ever used on this board tbh! :LOL:

It's not a big thing nor can you prove anything. Maybe he was joking about the pedal or making it up but I really couldn't care less. I think it's probably the most pathetic argument, regarding insight into Matt's character, ever used on this board tbh! :LOL:

Tbh, I think "perhaps he was put off by losing a favourite pedal" is a lot worse.

I would probably award "Maybe he had a cold and couldn't sing Bliss" as the worst argument 2010.

Tbh, I think "perhaps he was put off by losing a favourite pedal" is a lot worse.

That's just paraphrasing his argument, saying basically we can't know. The "was" was meant with emphasis. But anyway I'm outta here, I know you will come up with another comeback as you like to have the last word! ;)

Archived