When did Matt take singing lessons?

Plex

He has said that he offered Chris to take the lead in a song or two, which doesn't have anything to do with this at all. Any band with several singers has probably done something like that.

And you are still missing the point. Whatever reason he had for becoming the singer, he has now been the first choice for almost 15 years. Wouldn't this make him enough of a singer to be judged as one as well?

No..... ;)

He has said that he offered Chris to take the lead in a song or two, which doesn't have anything to do with this at all. Any band with several singers has probably done something like that.

And you are still missing the point. Whatever reason he had for becoming the singer, he has now been the first choice for almost 15 years. Wouldn't this make him enough of a singer to be judged as one as well?

I think you just like to argue, :p but I do judge him as a singer, and that judgement is very favourable, I think he has a lovely voice, which I think is demonstrated the more so on their recent material. But I never did really before, see him as a standalone singer. His vocal was more just part of Muse. Now I see it as something that stands out for it's own sake which is why, I suppose I see it, as something special, in the circumstances.

I think you just like to argue, :p but I do judge him as a singer, and that judgement is very favourable, I think he has a lovely voice, which I think is demonstrated the more so on their recent material. But I never did really before, see him as a standalone singer. His vocal was more just part of Muse. Now I see it as something that stands out for it's own sake which is why, I suppose I see it, as something special, in the circumstances.

Ah well, fair enough :p

It just sounds a lot like you are saying "It's okay that he isn't that great of a singer, he never intended to be one".

I'd say that it's okay that he isn't that great of a singer, since he does a great job anyway.

Ah well, fair enough :p

It just sounds a lot like you are saying "It's okay that he isn't that great of a singer, he never intended to be one".

I'd say that it's okay that he isn't that great of a singer, since he does a great job anyway.

No you're missing my point.;):LOL: What I am saying is that I find it pretty special that he is as good as he is, since he never intended to be a singer.

No you're missing my point.;):LOL: What I am saying is that I find it pretty special that he is as good as he is, since he never intended to be a singer.

Yes, I know you're saying that :p

Which I also disagree with, since a lot of people have natural good voices, actually MOST singers have natural good voices. It's not like they all just decide to become singers one day.

Eh? You just said you thought his voice was amazing.

Well yes. I can like his voice, but that doesn't make his voice good.

It's all in the meaning of the word "good".

I can think a singer sounds good, without being a good singer. Are you with me? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unh3qDN2GpM

A great example of a great singer, that really strains his voice during his high notes, more than Matt would ever have to do in for example City of Delusion. Still he does this concert after concert, in several songs. That is just the way his voice is. It can take a beating and is made of fucking steel.

(In the ending scream)

Um… I'm just posting to say, holy crap, thanks for posting this because I have never heard of Ours before and I think I'm in love.

Yes, I know you're saying that :p

Which I also disagree with, since a lot of people have natural good voices, actually MOST singers have natural good voices. It's not like they all just decide to become singers one day.

Well Matt didn't decide to be a singer, he decided to be a guitarist in a band and it's not just about being able to sing in tune, but about having a certain, distinctive tone with Matt which was very lucky, but I'm sure you will have something further to argue so I give up.:LOL:

Um… I'm just posting to say, holy crap, thanks for posting this because I have never heard of Ours before and I think I'm in love.

:LOL: I was hoping that I could gather at least a few fans. He's a great singer and song-writer, and such a nice person as well :happy:

Well Matt didn't decide to be a singer, he decided to be a guitarist in a band and it's not just about being able to sing in tune, but about having a certain, distinctive tone with Matt which was very lucky, but I'm sure you will have something further to argue so I give up.:LOL:

I agree on all that you said.

Matt was pushed into a role he never wanted to have, and turned out to have a natural talent for it. Which is exactly why it isn't an achievement :p

No :p

If he sounds good to you, then he's good.

I think Matt's probably one of the best singers I've ever heard.

Well, for me a good singer is a technical good singer. I don't know why when I come to think about it. This isn't the case when it comes to anything else in music for me...hmm

Or maybe I actually just meant to write technically good singer. Who the fuck knows, I know I don't.

Well, for me a good singer is a technical good singer. I don't know why when I come to think about it. This isn't the case when it comes to anything else in music for me...hmm

Or maybe I actually just meant to write technically good singer. Who the fuck knows, I know I don't.

I don't give a damn about technique if it sounds this good.

:LOL: I was hoping that I could gather at least a few fans. He's a great singer and song-writer, and such a nice person as well :happy:

I agree on all that you said.

Matt was pushed into a role he never wanted to have, and turned out to have a natural talent for it. Which is exactly why it isn't an achievement :p

It worked. :D I love you forever and ever for this. :chuckle:

:LOL: My god that thread is full of shit.

People actually believe that by taking vocal lessons, you lose your identity and automatically becomes a product of the pop industry.

Anyone who has seen the early Bliss performances should agree that Matt could have done a lot differently to save his voice, without losing his sound. In fact, I think most people here agree that the sound that Matt has during for example Bliss at Bizarre 2000 is NOT pleasant. It actually hurts my throat to even listen to that. :p

But to the point, as it has been said in that thread, he didn't take any proper lessons until BH&R.

That was a hilarious show for the most part when he made the odd noises :chuckle:

Archived