Muse-ik

What kind of Stage are you expecting or you want for the 2012 tour ??

something like metallicas set. Just a huge screen behind the band and then an absolution tour kind of stage. Then add some lasers and lights and its perfect with 25 song setlists

A lot of Mirrors, smoke, lasers, guitar, piano, drum, and bass. Holograms, strobes, and dancing robots wouldn't hurt either.

It's nice to have something pretty to look at. I'd hate it if they just strip to the very very basics, which would never happen anyway since they've always been into fancy stages. :p

My feelings exactly. I think that, with or without the pretty trimmings, it's always the music that does the talking at Muse shows - lasers and screens and things are just nice extras. Most of the gigs I go to are pretty minimalist and bare, so I appreciate the fact that Muse really put a lot of money and effort into the visual side. And it doesn't always have to be something OTT - I quite like Matt's ideas about the black-and-white look and weird lighting.

The last three tours have begun in 2003, 2006 and 2009, so I don't think it's completely unreasonable to suggest the next one might start in late 2012.

I'm thinking mayybe not,

It seems reasonable that they might take the first half of the year off, and then dedicate the other half of the year to making the new album. Therefore, they probably wouldn't start till early 2013.

That's what i reckon anyways :D

for those wondering about the article where Matt was talking about the stage:

Thanks, i was getting quite curious about that.

I will say this: I LOVE their light shows. I mean, the towers, epic as they are, are a bit too much, and from what I hear the stadium stage was so high up you could barely see them if you were on the barrier (just... no), and there's no doubt that that they may have realized this makes me absolutely ecstatic. But great visuals to complement the music, as long as it doesn't take precedence over the music, is always very welcome :)

I agree, the light show is incredible, but the towers and irritatingly high stage wasn't too crash hot. I was at the barrier for one of their arena shows and, whew, my neck was SORE. plus i couldn't even see bells when he played piano.

I think i'd like them to keep the awesome lightage, have a lower stage so the fans feel closer to the band, and get rid of the over the top construction.

Their music is big enough, no need to blow our minds further with a massive assault on the eyes... Naked Muse excepted :LOL:

Also, extremely happy that this thread hasn't been bombarded with haters too much, it's nice to have a good positive discussion.

I think the 3 screens stage are pretty good. The stage setup when they played in japan and southeast asia. 3 screens are cool and not too overkill (unlike those 3 towers)

Keep the lasers and lights. Ditch the massive props/constructions though.

This. Just a flat stage will be fine imo. The hexagon screens would be nice too.

the absolution set would be enough. or the hexagon festival backgrounds with two giant screens on the sides. i like bombast and all, but lots of lights and a simple stage will do it for me.

For indoors:

Basically an Abso Tour stage with one fuckin' big screen behind the band (instead of many small screens). Plus lots of lights and lasers.

Their music is big enough, no need to blow our minds further with a massive assault on the eyes... Naked Muse excepted :LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL: I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :$

I was a fan of the hexagon screens this time around…

Anything between the Hullabaloo set up and absolution set up. Maybe some of those ring type things from Bhar tour. Lasers, lights. One mega screen behind them with 4 Small ones either side of it. Maybe stageside a couple of small satellites or something like that

:LOL::LOL::LOL: I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :$

I was a fan of the hexagon screens this time around…

Me neither...

Hmm, shirtless Dom would be good, mayyybe shirtless matt if he toned up again ;)

Hexagon screens ftw!

i just want them to have a lower stage haha

A normal stage with 2 video screens at the side and the band, without any flashy visuals or towers or anything

The towers are great though, I was at acer arena in sydney, the atmosphere was brilliant and even though I haven't gone to a pyramid stage gig I think the towers set-up has a much more intimate vibe to it, probably because of how close you can actually get to them. The closest I think I got was like 5-6 metres away :D

I think after the towers going back to a regular stage with video backdrop would feel too one-dimensional in comparison, I'm all for a more intimate gig but it still has to be out there.

agree that the towers were brilliant, but as where the satellites. I dont mind overly, as long as it looks good.

Sometimes it's like muse are trying to top anything anyone has done on a stage instead of just setting up a decent show, a normal stage with guitars being smashed at the end will do just fine :D They should spend more time on sorting out their setlist then the visuals of the gig!!

I really want another set up like The Resistance tour. Not only are all the guys in the band such amazing and talented musicians, they really have a knack for putting on a full on show. Combine these two elements and you've really got a band like no other.

I loved the mix of amazing lights and sounds along with their amazing music. I see no reason why this should stop with their new tour.

I call for another big EPIC stage. It fits the nature of the band, and there is no reason cool effects and props can't make it a more complete package. Yes, the music has to be good, but that should be a given anyway, and although the setlist may not have been to everyone's taste this time round, the next tour is... well, the next tour frankly. But big stages and visual spectacles help the show jump from "awesome" to "an experience". The Flaming Lips do it just as well - why can't muse? The UFO was brilliant, the office was brilliant, I've heard the towers did bring more of the audience 'into' the show.

What would be nice would be tv screens everyone can see though: the biggest problem was that if you couldn't see the band, the screens were on the same level so you couldn't see them either. Seemed to defeat the point somewhat.

And more pyrotechnics. There is ALWAYS room for more pyrotechnics. :D

maybe something in the centre of the arena, a big circle stage with nothing on it apart from some lights, and a screen hanging from the ceiling.

no, that's actually a bit boring.

just make it epic please!

Radiohead have, IMHO, had one of the best stage designs. You have just a few screens at the back showing the band members, some flashing lights (but not a massive overdose) and those big light poles hanging from the ceiling which really suit both quieter songs (EIIRP etc) and rockier ones (Lucky, 2+2=5, when the lights flash and change colours suddenly), but never get in the way and really add to the show, and look amazing. The main focus is always on the band, which is great.

I wouldn't want Muse just to have a screen or two and some lights, that's going backwards far too much. They should definitely strip it down a lot though, but retain some impressive lights like RH.

Edited by grabacr 31770