Bootlegs, Torrents, Download. Its all Jargon!

MegaEBoy

I am new to all this Torrents and Bootlegs websites, and have just recently attempted (and failed, as I got instead a screen saver of radiohead :/) to download a torrent of Muse at Wembley 2010 and followed the WikiHow and I ended up with the previously mentioned screensaver.

Somebody PLEASE help me :(

Ok, assuming you know nothing. To get the Wembley DVD, go to http://torrents.musebootlegs.com/. Sign in, go to 'browse torrents'. Click on the Wembley listing, then on the bit where it says download.

You'll need bittorrent, utorrent or something similar. if you're on a Mac, try Transmission.

Double click on the torrent and click 'add' or whatever comes up in the box to continue. Your download should start automatically.

Any help?

Yeah, I pretty much know nothing, well, I say pretty much, i mean absolutely. yeah i think it helped, am trying to download it your way :D thanks.

the other problem was, I downloaded it before, but had nothing to actually run it on my Mac, which probably doesnt help, but I have no idea waht to run it on.

Thanks

Yeah, I pretty much know nothing, well, I say pretty much, i mean absolutely. yeah i think it helped, am trying to download it your way :D thanks.

the other problem was, I downloaded it before, but had nothing to actually run it on my Mac, which probably doesnt help, but I have no idea waht to run it on.

Thanks

I'm on a mac too so if you need any other mac-related help, I'll see what I can do.

You need to download Transmission. This is what will actually download the gig for you.

Then, open the torrent and 'add' it to Transmission. Your download should start automatically.

Have you downloaded the torrent?

yeah, its just started downloading, I wasnt expecting it to take just over 2 days though, that is a surprise! although, from what I hear, it's worth it.

yeah, its just started downloading, I wasnt expecting it to take just over 2 days though, that is a surprise! although, from what I hear, it's worth it.

It takes over 2 days to me too but I don't know if it's worth it..

I've downloaded it some days ago but it didn't look too good to me, plus I got troubles with the audio.

I don't know if it was just me...anyone else saw the video?

It takes over 2 days to me too but I don't know if it's worth it..

I've downloaded it some days ago but it didn't look too good to me, plus I got troubles with the audio.

I don't know if it was just me...anyone else saw the video?

Didn't look too good? Are you talking about the DVD of the 11th because it's well worth the wait in my opinion.

Well, even after all that, I had to delete "Transmission" as it started uploading all my files to the internet, but it successfully downloaded and changed the Wembley DVD files, but now I cant watch them, is that due to the fact I deleted "Transmission" or is there something I'm missing?

Didn't look too good? Are you talking about the DVD of the 11th because it's well worth the wait in my opinion.

I think something's gone wrong when I downloaded it but just now I've seen this message on musebootleg

"ANYONE THAT HAS ALREADY DOWNLOADED THE DVD PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE FIX FROM http://www.musebootlegs.com/DVD1FIX.rar AND REPLACE THE FILES. APOLOGIES FOR THE COCK UP!"

that's probably why I had a bad-quality bootleg...Im going to re-download it and I hope it'll be the good one.

@MegaEBoy: I'm on a Mac too and I downloaded the torrent with Transmission as well.

So far, I've been unsuccessful in burning it to DVD, but you can watch it on your computer with DVD Player :)

Just open DVD Player in the Applications folder. Then File>Open and Select the DVD 1 file you downloaded via the torrent :)

It should then play the DVD, complete with all the menus.

Hope this helps you!

Well, even after all that, I had to delete "Transmission" as it started uploading all my files to the internet, but it successfully downloaded and changed the Wembley DVD files, but now I cant watch them, is that due to the fact I deleted "Transmission" or is there something I'm missing?

Weird, the version i've got has never done that. Are you sure you weren't just seeding the file you'd just downloaded?

I think something's gone wrong when I downloaded it but just now I've seen this message on musebootleg

"ANYONE THAT HAS ALREADY DOWNLOADED THE DVD PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE FIX FROM http://www.musebootlegs.com/DVD1FIX.rar AND REPLACE THE FILES. APOLOGIES FOR THE COCK UP!"

that's probably why I had a bad-quality bootleg...Im going to re-download it and I hope it'll be the good one.

Sounds like something has gone wrong. I'd try again if I were you.

You are aware that this has been put together from amateur fan footage don't you? It's not going to be the same quality as a pro-shot DVd.

@MegaEBoy: I'm on a Mac too and I downloaded the torrent with Transmission as well.

So far, I've been unsuccessful in burning it to DVD, but you can watch it on your computer with DVD Player :)

Just open DVD Player in the Applications folder. Then File>Open and Select the DVD 1 file you downloaded via the torrent :)

It should then play the DVD, complete with all the menus.

Hope this helps you!

Have you tried putting the files in a burn folder and doing it that way? What kind of mac do you have? I'm on a fairly old MacBook and burning to disc was really easy.

Weird, the version i've got has never done that. Are you sure you weren't just seeding the file you'd just downloaded?

You are aware that this has been put together from amateur fan footage don't you? It's not going to be the same quality as a pro-shot DVd.

Have you tried putting the files in a burn folder and doing it that way? What kind of mac do you have? I'm on a fairly old MacBook and burning to disc was really easy.

Yeah, I've got the standard series before the new MacBook, yeah it started seeding or something, and my dad said it means uploading files, and then i canceled it, was that a bad idea?

Yeah, I've got the standard series before the new MacBook, yeah it started seeding or something, and my dad said it means uploading files, and then i canceled it, was that a bad idea?

Yeah, your dad was wrong. It would have been uploading the Wembley file to someone else, ie giving back after you've taken. Your own personal files would have been safe.

Yeah' date=' your dad was wrong. It would have been uploading the Wembley file to someone else, ie giving back after you've taken. Your own personal files would have been safe.[/quote']

what a prick. well, i'll show him the definition, lol, ten hopefully i can "re-seed" hooray!

I've downloaded the torrent, this time it looks good.

And I know it is a fan-made footage, I'm not that fool ;)

Thanks again for your help

Archived