Musecasters Delorean Replica 2010

musecasters

If I recall correctly, Matt said, "What the fuck is that?"

How was the TONE of the words?

this is from my phone:

Mb: what the fuck is that?

Kb: its yours man! (man??)

Mb: the guitar is mine? Is that one of the new ones?

Kb: no it's mine!

Mb: you made it?

Kb: yeah, yeah

Mb: can I have a look?

Kb: I haven't finished wiring it yet, run out of money

Mb: laughs

Kb: cheers, have a good night.

All happened in eleven seconds, so on making a tit of myself: 4/10

this is from my phone:

Mb: what the fuck is that?

Kb: its yours man! (man??)

Mb: the guitar is mine? Is that one of the new ones?

Kb: no it's mine!

Mb: you made it?

Kb: yeah, yeah

Mb: can I have a look?

Kb: I haven't finished wiring it yet, run out of money

Mb: laughs

Kb: cheers, have a good night.

All happened in eleven seconds, so on making a tit of myself: 4/10

"Mb: the guitar is mine? is that one of the new ones?"

No, Matthew, they haven't been built yet! :rolleyes:

Brilliant work anyway! Was that before or after he got completely wasted? :LOL:

Haha! Maybe you could have got him to take it into Mansons to get it repaired like every other guitar he throws about! I'd love to see Hugh's face after he finished repairing it and then looking at the headstock and thinking "...waaiit a minute!!!" :LOL:

Haha! Maybe you could have got him to take it into Mansons to get it repaired like every other guitar he throws about! I'd love to see Hugh's face after he finished repairing it and then looking at the headstock and thinking "...waaiit a minute!!!" :LOL:

i'm sure he would spot it straight away as this has no massive gouges and the shape is off

i'm sure he would spot it straight away as this has no massive gouges and the shape is off

Yeah, but it's pretty much identical besides the wear from five years of play that the original has.

When are you going to update your signature? ;) Needs Simno's new guitar as well.

Just a thought on the topic that's come up here, are the DL-1s going to be same wonky, off-centre shape as the original, or have to been corrected to the newer more refined shape? Curious about this XD Can anyone tell from the prototype pics?

Also, regarding what was being discussed a few pages back I think, I just wondered, has anyone ever asked Hugh what he thinks about all these people who end up on eBay or YouTube or whatever showing off their replica Muse/Manson guitars, etc. Just wondered what his take on it was...

• 1 month later...

Also, regarding what was being discussed a few pages back I think, I just wondered, has anyone ever asked Hugh what he thinks about all these people who end up on eBay or YouTube or whatever showing off their replica Muse/Manson guitars, etc. Just wondered what his take on it was...

My experience with Hugh (and we did fall out once) is he'd just sue the fuck out of you.

he's about 12 foot tall and i'm 5'7"...he's a badass when he wants to be lol

I would be flattered if I was him.

It's interesting really... I can't think of any other band/luthier that has inspired SO many individuals to pick up tools and just go for it. Big brands, Fender/Gibson and just the love of the craft have inspired people to get into the business in later years. But with Mansons, it's such a specific inspiration. People of all ages have seen these guitars and said "I want to build THAT!" and have gone after it. I think it's quite a powerful thing.

I agree. I for one was very inspired by Hugh. At one point I wanted to learn woodwork and electronics so I could build guitars, and I was going to start my own custom guitar workshop and everything :p

That never happened, but it was definitely Hugh who inspired me to think of that

I would be flattered if I was him.

It's interesting really... I can't think of any other band/luthier that has inspired SO many individuals to pick up tools and just go for it. Big brands, Fender/Gibson and just the love of the craft have inspired people to get into the business in later years. But with Mansons, it's such a specific inspiration. People of all ages have seen these guitars and said "I want to build THAT!" and have gone after it. I think it's quite a powerful thing.

Yeah, I'd be flattered if I was him... if I was also building and selling replicas of those guitars :p

I get what you mean, but when other people are copying your design and making money off it...I don't know. Some people are even putting the name on the headstock:

qHYdtvTs3mujUuRu4N-qOQvS-StM

Though that doesn't really resemble a MoC. Maybe in one of Salvador Dali's paintings it would.

I don't see anything wrong with what musecasters is doing though, as he's just making them for himself and not making any money off them.

Archived