Musecasters Delorean Replica 2010

musecasters

Fair enough.. The (what im assuming) was the previous one, looks absolutely spot on to the original.. It just seems like a little bit of a waste of time and money when he could have spent it making a replica of a different one.. or even, something original.

Something wasn't quite right with it and it was affecting the playability of it I think.

He used all the parts from that one to make the Laser replica but I guess he's missed having the delorean. It is probably the coolest one, so he's making a new one.

Fair enough.. The (what im assuming) was the previous one, looks absolutely spot on to the original.. It just seems like a little bit of a waste of time and money when he could have spent it making a replica of a different one.. or even, something original.

Phill is right, the neck pocket on the 2nd one was a mess and it was a cheap neck, so look ok but played bad, the bits did indeed go into the laser replica

thanks, don't look too great at the mo as the pickups got sold to help pay for xmas, but hoping to pop a manson MBK3 in the bridge and a Mississippi queen in the beck next month

4boys.jpg

When you wired your blackie, did you just add the P90 to the Neck position on the selector, or something different?

I'm trying to find an easy way to kill the sustainer pickup when the neck position is selected (through a different switch of course), so it is just the P90. I noticed that last time I had a similar configuration, both sustainer and P90 were selected. It actually sounded pretty good, but it'd be nice to have the option.

thanks, don't look too great at the mo as the pickups got sold to help pay for xmas, but hoping to pop a manson MBK3 in the bridge and a Mississippi queen in the beck next month

4boys.jpg

Is it just me, or does the delorean here look really lopsided? The body looks like its at an angle or something making the left side look small and the right side look way to big? The other guitars look great, especially the bomber.

Is it just me, or does the delorean here look really lopsided? The body looks like its at an angle or something making the left side look small and the right side look way to big? The other guitars look great, especially the bomber.

it's not right, none of them are :stunned:

When you wired your blackie, did you just add the P90 to the Neck position on the selector, or something different?

I'm trying to find an easy way to kill the sustainer pickup when the neck position is selected (through a different switch of course), so it is just the P90. I noticed that last time I had a similar configuration, both sustainer and P90 were selected. It actually sounded pretty good, but it'd be nice to have the option.

can't help as i didn't wire that one

musecasters i think you mentioned before that you traced your plans from the gallery photos of the various mansons. I tried this before, out of interest like. Did you find that there were VERY slight discrepencies between the different models?

musecasters i think you mentioned before that you traced your plans from the gallery photos of the various mansons. I tried this before, out of interest like. Did you find that there were VERY slight discrepencies between the different models?

between all the early ones they look different, best picture I found is was in the 2001 issue of guitarist (uk) the one where he's holding it on the rooftop with red hair, I'll look for a picture when back to work

between all the early ones they look different, best picture I found is was in the 2001 issue of guitarist (uk) the one where he's holding it on the rooftop with red hair, I'll look for a picture when back to work

not how they look, the actual physical shape of it. I always found slight discrepencies.

i had that thought during the building pics and when i googled pics from the original.

here's a pic from microcutz showing the manson, notice how in the original pic the guitars is hold at an angle probably to help covering this up a bit.

i changed the perspective a bit, i left a bit of the original neck angle in the pic for comparison, the green-red stuff is the same thing copypasted and then colorized. (a perfect frontal shot would have been even better)

source:

http://www.microcuts.net/gallery/photo-muse-misc-2-manson-delorean-16365.html

delol.jpg

We can say that Musecasers did a perfect job with the replica when he included this feature of the body.

off the top of my head I think the delorean and blackie shapes were similar...bomber was the first one that was noticeably different, and then the mirror...and from the BH&R tour onwards they've seemed more consistent. The most refined shape out of them all I think is the ali top with the trem

• 1 month later...

Archived