Musecasters Delorean Replica 2010

musecasters

Lol... being facebook friends with tim does not make you his actual friend... :p

Either way I don't think people should care so much about "ripping off" Mansons, It's not like they are going to be put out of buisness by smaller luthiers, even if they didn't sell MB1s, everything on their website is so outragiously overpriced they must make a packet! However I would definitely see someone ripping off Hooglebug as disrespectful etc.

Wasn't actually talking about myself there, more like Musecasters, Rust_Relic, Simno, and others :stunned:

Interesting conversation going on....

Hugh was aware of me back in 2007, I came into his shop and talked to him about guitars, rust finish etc, and I gave him a personal thank you for the inspiration to start building. It was really cool talking with "the man," especially since I had came all the way from California.

He asked the person I was staying with next time he came into the shop...

Hugh: "Hey, that guy from America... that wasn't the guy making all those copies of my guitars was it?"

him: "No, I don't think so"

Hugh: "Good, it better not have been..."

:stunned:

Interesting conversation going on....

Hugh was aware of me back in 2007, I came into his shop and talked to him about guitars, rust finish etc, and I gave him a personal thank you for the inspiration to start building. It was really cool talking with "the man," especially since I had came all the way from California.

He asked the person I was staying with next time he came into the shop...

Hugh: "Hey, that guy from America... that wasn't the guy making all those copies of my guitars was it?"

him: "No, I don't think so"

Hugh: "Good, it better not have been..."

:stunned:

Was that Danny? Because I thought you built him a kaoss manson replica

Also, what did he say about the rust finish? (if you can remember)

Was that Danny? Because I thought you built him a kaoss manson replica

Also, what did he say about the rust finish? (if you can remember)

Not mentioning names ; )

He actually got really excited about it! It was awesome watching him, he started running around his shop trying to find an example of it. He took me to this wall near the amp room (where I had to try a Diezel for the first time :awesome: ), and it was some rusty kinda pillar. He said "It's kinda like this! It's this.. aluminum suspended... copper... I'm not really sure exactly what it is, but it's really nice!"

Or something along that, he's actually a pretty funny guy.

A special level of hell James :eek:

I'm a bad person :supersad:

:eyebrows:

Not mentioning names ; )

He actually got really excited about it! It was awesome watching him, he started running around his shop trying to find an example of it. He took me to this wall near the amp room (where I had to try a Diezel for the first time :awesome: ), and it was some rusty kinda pillar. He said "It's kinda like this! It's this.. aluminum suspended... copper... I'm not really sure exactly what it is, but it's really nice!"

Or something along that, he's actually a pretty funny guy.

Cool

I've always wondered what a guitar with that paint would look like (not just as the back, but as the entire finish). Like the rust relic, but without the rust...

I know Phill got pretty close to that finish.

texture

Can't remember what he used exactly, but apparently the stuff Mansons used is some sort of lead based paint

I'm a bad person :supersad:

:eyebrows:

Cool

I've always wondered what a guitar with that paint would look like (not just as the back, but as the entire finish). Like the rust relic, but without the rust...

I know Phill got pretty close to that finish.

texture

Can't remember what he used exactly, but apparently the stuff Mansons used is some sort of lead based paint

THAT should be the finish for this guitar I'm doing, with black hardware, ebony board.

I need to find out what that was...

Phill said a while back that it's 95% reflective liquid chrome paint. But I recall he blended a few different paints.

Also, you CAN apparently get the stuff that Mansons used imported...But I have no idea what that is. All I know is that it's some sort of lead based aluminum paint.

Phill said a while back that it's 95% reflective liquid chrome paint. But I recall he blended a few different paints.

Also, you CAN apparently get the stuff that Mansons used imported...But I have no idea what that is. All I know is that it's some sort of lead based aluminum paint.

Is that what's on the back of Shatter?

You were smug right there...

Smug about what, the shape I've worked out from photos, but none are right.the delorean shape is wonky, the blackie body is too small, to me none are perfect by far.if anyone wants the shape, there are great shots on the manson gallery on the website :)

No. At any mention of you being adamant about not giving out plans/details etc. you seem happy (overuse of ':D' being one example). Correct me if I'm wrong but that just seems a little sinister and smug.

Probably in exchange of ":mad:"

People CONSTANYLY ask him, for years now. NO smiley face would make him seem like a dick.

Not really a big deal?

Looks great Kev!

Smug about what, the shape I've worked out from photos, but none are right.the delorean shape is wonky, the blackie body is too small, to me none are perfect by far.if anyone wants the shape, there are great shots on the manson gallery on the website :)

You come across smug you managed to do it

"hey guys i worked the shape out myself... but I'm not going to help you do it cause I <3 Hugh"

You come across smug you managed to do it

"hey guys i worked the shape out myself... but I'm not going to help you do it cause I <3 Hugh"

was that necessary?

Probably in exchange of ":mad:"

People CONSTANYLY ask him, for years now. NO smiley face would make him seem like a dick.

Not really a big deal?

Looks great Kev!

Really?

What about...

AND NO I WON'T BUILD YOU ONE OR SEND PLANS finger.gif

and I don't see him coming across as smug. All I see is that he has some respect.

And that some people need to figure shit out for themselves.

Edit:

I almost forgot. Is it finished yet, musecasters? Or have you got the neck pickup wired up at least?

I thought you'd say it was because of the smileys. My interpretation was, without a smiley he'd feel like he was being a big aggressive and cuntish perhaps, so by adding a smiley it's like "I've nothing against you, no hard feelings but I'm not giving out the template."

I've spoken to Kev a lot for a fair few years now and he is in no way smug. He's a hard working bloke and he builds these guitars for his enjoyment, both in the building and the playing, and is helpful with what advice he can give with regards to the building, short of handing out plans for the shape, even to me!

Anything else he gets asked, if he has the time he tries to help out. He only posts these guitars on here so those of us who appreciate seeing what great work he's done get to see them. Not too be smug about them and say "Ner ner, you'll never have one."

When I was building mine I'd get a lot of questions, requests and randomness from people about making them one and I sure as hell haven't been as patient in dealing with it all as musecasters has. Give him a break, jeez!

I thought you'd say it was because of the smileys. My interpretation was, without a smiley he'd feel like he was being a big aggressive and cuntish perhaps, so by adding a smiley it's like "I've nothing against you, no hard feelings but I'm not giving out the template."

I've spoken to Kev a lot for a fair few years now and he is in no way smug. He's a hard working bloke and he builds these guitars for his enjoyment, both in the building and the playing, and is helpful with what advice he can give with regards to the building, short of handing out plans for the shape, even to me!

Anything else he gets asked, if he has the time he tries to help out. He only posts these guitars on here so those of us who appreciate seeing what great work he's done get to see them. Not too be smug about them and say "Ner ner, you'll never have one."

When I was building mine I'd get a lot of questions, requests and randomness from people about making them one and I sure as hell haven't been as patient in dealing with it all as musecasters has. Give him a break, jeez!

Perfectly said!

He is a very humble person, he has helped me out on some things. He works extremely hard, and his work shows for it.

Wish I'd bought your mirror one off you all those years ago!

Never going to be able to afford another factory guitar at this rate, let alone a custom!

Archived