Musecasters Delorean Replica 2010

musecasters

I really cant tell the difference :stunned:

That looks PERFECT.

So Kev, you CLEARLY have the skill for this. Are you just not that into it in terms of doing it for a job, or does your sign business just eat up all of your t:Dime?

I really only have time/money to make one every two years, I work ten hour days sorting problems with customers, workmates andsuppliers. These projects are a break from all that. With these guitars I have something hugh manson and matt won't have, a moc built with my own hands and played with my own hands

Which guitar did you have the P91 in?

I have the P92 in my AF, and it sounds great.

Every two years? Well... we can look forward to "Musecasters' red glitter replica 2012: midlife crisis edition" ;)

The blackie, bomber and chrome bomber all have BKP91s in the neck pos, the best pickup I've heard by far!!!!!!!!

The blackie, bomber and chrome bomber all have BKP91s in the neck pos, the best pickup I've heard by far!!!!!!!!

Nice, I think you'll like it. I want a micro cuts outro cover with P92 + piezo

please? :$

Also, what's the body made of on your laser replica? musewiki says the original is mahogany, but I always assumed it was poplar for some reason.

i've had a few peeps facebooking me asking to build replicas, i don't, here was my reply :)

I'm afraid i only have time and money to make a replica every 2 years, as I'm a busy family man and run my own company.

i don't make replicas for anyone but myself for two reasons

1. The shape and design are copyrighted so i could be sued by muse management and Mansons guitar shop

2. i enjoy playing them as much as making them, i love all my guitars and would never want to sell them

good luck, I'm sure if you ask on the board someone will for you and I'm flattered you have asked me :-)

i feel bad saying no, but i just can't :D

why only start the thread when finished? Looks interesting.

because i knew it would take months to get the money together and get parts when i can afford it, i've done it before and some projects take 6 months from start to finish, better this way i feel :-)

and it still needs wiring

i've had a few peeps facebooking me asking to build replicas, i don't, here was my reply :)

I'm afraid i only have time and money to make a replica every 2 years, as I'm a busy family man and run my own company.

i don't make replicas for anyone but myself for two reasons

1. The shape and design are copyrighted so i could be sued by muse management and Mansons guitar shop

2. i enjoy playing them as much as making them, i love all my guitars and would never want to sell them

good luck, I'm sure if you ask on the board someone will for you and I'm flattered you have asked me :-)

i feel bad saying no, but i just can't :D

I'm pretty sure Manson has not applied for any kind of trade mark/copyright on the shape of their guitars. I don't know where people keep getting this. Not to say you should be making/selling replicas to anyone on ethical reasons, but still I highly doubt the shape is copyrighted. Hell Fender couldn't even copyright the strat/tele shape.

I'm pretty sure Manson has not applied for any kind of trade mark/copyright on the shape of their guitars. I don't know where people keep getting this. Not to say you should be making/selling replicas to anyone on ethical reasons, but still I highly doubt the shape is copyrighted. Hell Fender couldn't even copyright the strat/tele shape.

fender could not copyright the shape as the judge ruled that the strat and tele are geniric guitar shapes, this is different. the shape is Mansons/Matt's

besides i don't want to :LOL:

fender could not copyright the shape as the judge ruled that the strat and tele are geniric guitar shapes, this is different. the shape is Mansons/Matt's

besides i don't want to :LOL:

Another thing, Guitars are considered art, you cannot copyright art. Same goes for circuits, you cannot copyright the drawings as they are considered "art".

So really, Mansons would be wasting their money if they took anyone to court over it, but I respect your view on it as personally I couldnt "rip off" another company either.

Another thing, Guitars are considered art, you cannot copyright art. Same goes for circuits, you cannot copyright the drawings as they are considered "art".

So really, Mansons would be wasting their money if they took anyone to court over it, but I respect your view on it as personally I couldnt "rip off" another company either.

They'd have to prove that the shape is distinctive enough to be unique to their brand before they could protect it (Incidently Fender and Gibson only have protection over their headstock shapes but not over the body shapes). Even then, if anything, the outline shape of a guitar would be protected as a trademark or a design rather than copyright as you're protecting the outline itself, not just a picture of the outline.

In any case, art is very much subject to copyright as per the Copyrights Designs and Patents Act 1988 (s.4). I find it strange that you'd think otherwise as protecting art of one form or another is a huge part of what copyright is designed for!

Haha! More coincidence than anything; I'm potentially writing my dissertation about music copyright so had been reading through that act just the other week. Not quite as badass but hey ;) .

It would only protect it if it were a 100% copy, any change from their claim and you're safe.

I honestly don't think Mansons could care less about people making guitars with "their" shape, they are always guaranteed to sell out every batch of 25 MB1s/DL1s/??1s or whatever they make in the future, So it really shouldn't affect then in a financial situation at all which would be the only basis for them to cause a fuss about it.

As for any "ethical" reasons against it, I honestly don't understand why someone would actually feel bad for making a guitar the same shape and similar spec to a manson. If you would, does that mean you wouldn't make a tele, or an LP? Would you feel bad for stealing leo fenders design? no, so why a manson?

Archived