Musecasters Delorean Replica 2010

musecasters

IMG_8623Large.jpg

IMG_9878Large2.jpg

just neck to lacquer, add fret dots, get the engineer to finish the Roland alloy cover and wire

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=309715&id=519402618&l=3cc30c1bcf

FF

Phase 90

Roland internal pickup

Piezo bridge and preamp

Kent Armstrong Motherbucker

BKP92 (i know he didn't have that, but i wanted it)

kill-switch

AND NO I WON'T BUILD YOU ONE OR SEND PLANS :D

very impressive work.

Just out of interest, what are you using the three smaller knobs for? Obviously one will be tone, and Im assuming another is piezo blend? But what about the third...

Also I didn't know allparts sold bloody HAP Gotoh tuners... I bought a set of the non HAP ones from mansons for eighty fucking quid...

Wow :eek: Haven't looked through all the photos yet, but was masking tape all that was used to glue the aluminum to the sides? Also, what glue did you use for the aluminum?

just masking tape, and i used a glue called Gorilla glue, i think its water-based as it has no smell

What's the body made of on this one?

Poplar (tulipwood)

very impressive work.

Just out of interest, what are you using the three smaller knobs for? Obviously one will be tone, and Im assuming another is piezo blend? But what about the third...

Also I didn't know allparts sold bloody HAP Gotoh tuners... I bought a set of the non HAP ones from mansons for eighty fucking quid...

ouch. the 3 lower knobs i believe on the original are tone, Roland volume and piezo volume

It looks like he was going for a spot on replica though, but it does look better without

musecasters, are you going to relic this one a bit so it looks like Matt's currently does, or leave it like it is?

Seeing as...

100_0984.jpg

I like how it looks now actually - the aluminum doesn't look too shiny, but not too dull...

It looks like he was going for a spot on replica though, but it does look better without

musecasters, are you going to relic this one a bit so it looks like Matt's currently does, or leave it like it is?

Seeing as...

100_0984.jpg

I like how it looks now actually - the aluminum doesn't look too shiny, but not too dull...

IMG_1798.jpg

i've relic'd to 2004/2005, don't like the Mississippi queen

Where did you get the spoke nut truss rod attachment? The spoke nut hotrods from Stewmac are absolutely useless in that the spoke nut doesnt actually come off (despite the fact the instructions make out it needs to come off), the substance used to weld the spoke on in some cases spreads too far down the thread meaning you cant tighten it too far, and in one case, the nut was actually on at a slight angle...

Where did you get the spoke nut truss rod attachment? The spoke nut hotrods from Stewmac are absolutely useless in that the spoke nut doesnt actually come off (despite the fact the instructions make out it needs to come off), the substance used to weld the spoke on in some cases spreads too far down the thread meaning you cant tighten it too far, and in one case, the nut was actually on at a slight angle...

an engineer mate made it for me, but it's just for show, one twist and it'll break the glue :)

the last one i relic'd, this one will fade naturally :D

IMG_5307.jpg

I really cant tell the difference :stunned:

That looks PERFECT.

So Kev, you CLEARLY have the skill for this. Are you just not that into it in terms of doing it for a job, or does your sign business just eat up all of your time?

Archived