'Matt Bellamy Hints that Muse could go soft' - The Sun website 8/12/10

Interzone

I thought posting about tabloids was banned here? The Sun is a tabloid, no? They have taken Matt's words and put their own spin on them because obviously the Sun feels it can get some hits to its website by putting KH and Matt's names together in an article. It's a shame that NME would lower itself by repeating this BS, and also too bad that some people on this board take it as an opportunity to bash Matt's GF for no good reason, when they should have realized straight up that this whole thing is tabloid crap.

I completely agree with Finegan.

It's THE SUN, I mean... I was already shocked that Matt actually spoke with them. So, better no speculate on that. They will say whatever they think it's going to be more 'scandalous'. And, I don't think that because it's more "personal" it has to be more "soft". At least I hope.And then, Matt said (and not to 'The Sun') that they were going back to the origins, at least on what concerns the lyrics.

Anyway, the next album won't come around for at least a couple of years so I really don't see the use of torturing ourselves thinking it's going to be a shitty pop album.

I thought posting about tabloids was banned here? The Sun is a tabloid, no? They have taken Matt's words and put their own spin on them because obviously the Sun feels it can get some hits to its website by putting KH and Matt's names together in an article. It's a shame that NME would lower itself by repeating this BS, and also too bad that some people on this board take it as an opportunity to bash Matt's GF for no good reason, when they should have realized straight up that this whole thing is tabloid crap.

Posting gossip from gossip sites is banned. The Sun is a newspaper.

Also this wouldn't count because it's not gossip as such, just someone taking Matt's words and giving them their own interpretation.

I completely agree with Finegan.

It's THE SUN, I mean... I was already shocked that Matt actually spoke with them. So, better no speculate on that. They will say whatever they think it's going to be more 'scandalous'. And, I don't think that because it's more "personal" it has to be more "soft". At least I hope.And then, Matt said (and not to 'The Sun') that they were going back to the origins, at least on what concerns the lyrics.

Anyway, the next album won't come around for at least a couple of years so I really don't see the use of torturing ourselves thinking it's going to be a shitty pop album.

If you'd read the thread you'd know Matt's words were lifted from another source.

Uhmmm....well...:stunned:

I kind of like the idea of a softer album, not a whole album like that, though. But to say that she influenced seems a little off, I'm sure he hasn't written too many songs about her in the however many months they've been dating

The best song writers write about their own personal lives, what they are interested in, what makes them tick, etc. Of course Matt will write about his breakup & maybe about any new relationship he may have, but that doesn't mean that is ALL he will write about.

Let's face it--the reason this article was written in the way it was written was to get certain Muse fans all riled up about a possible 'Yoko Ono' destructive influence on the group, which has no basis in fact at all.

The best song writers write about their own personal lives, what they are interested in, what makes them tick, etc. Of course Matt will write about his breakup & maybe about any new relationship he may have, but that doesn't mean that is ALL he will write about.

Let's face it--the reason this article was written in the way it was written was to get certain Muse fans all riled up about a possible 'Yoko Ono' destructive influence on the group, which has no basis in fact at all.

I was written to gain readers.

And no, the best song writers aren't the one who writes about their lives. The best song writers are the ones who write the best songs.

I seriously doubt that's why The Sun did it. As Sippe said it would have been just to sell papers through gossip mongering.

What Matt said in the original interview was worth hearing. If the album has a more personal basis, and is more emotional, so be it. I can't see any problem with that. It's not like he hasn't done that before. I also don't mind if it is softer and melodic but he didn't actually say that. Tbh I think some of their music already is leaning in that direction and I like it.

But it's just rather irritating because it's obvious that the Sun only care because they have chosen to interpret it in the way they have! The emphasis is on KH because of who she is.They've only said it because she is a celebrity. I don't think it's really a comment on the music. And the NME as well - shame on them!

Oh well bollocks to them! :LOL: We know the truth! :)

Archived