Just read the Channel 4 description and they mentioned performance by ARCADE FIRE!!!

:eek:

:dance:

At least people will know who they are at the NME awards, unlike the Brits :LOL: - Twitter went mental with people going 'Who the fuck is R K Fire?!' after they won their award :facepalm:.

As for Muse, I really don't see them flying back out here just because they like Dave Grohl :LOL:. They can see him/Foos at other shows/gigs, it's not like it's impossible. I know they've got a bit of down time at the mo, but Matt's probably gonna spend his time doing his new family duties, Chris never goes anyway for the same reason, so it'll just be Dom there like a lil loner, haha. He might go just in the hopes that he'll win sexiest (fe)male :p.

I reckon if there's no award for them this year, they won't bother going. I can see no award hapening too, the difference on this board this year compared to last is massive, there was loads of attention being paid to the NME awards in 2010 which generated lots of votes but if this year's quietness is a reflection of the voting Muse have got no chance!

At least people will know who they are at the NME awards, unlike the Brits :LOL: - Twitter went mental with people going 'Who the fuck is R K Fire?!' after they won their award :facepalm:.

As for Muse, I really don't see them flying back out here just because they like Dave Grohl :LOL:. They can see him/Foos at other shows/gigs, it's not like it's impossible. I know they've got a bit of down time at the mo, but Matt's probably gonna spend his time doing his new family duties, Chris never goes anyway for the same reason, so it'll just be Dom there like a lil loner, haha. He might go just in the hopes that he'll win sexiest (fe)male :p.

There's papp photos of Matt & Kate arriving at Heathrow this morning, I'm very hopeful they'll be at the awards cos I just got a ticket :happy:

I reckon if there's no award for them this year, they won't bother going. I can see no award hapening too, the difference on this board this year compared to last is massive, there was loads of attention being paid to the NME awards in 2010 which generated lots of votes but if this year's quietness is a reflection of the voting Muse have got no chance!

Well there's quietness in general, since they're not doing much at the moment I suppose, apart from the Grammy's. Still I doubt their votes just come from this board.

They made a special trip when they won the award for the "The Greatest Band in the World Today" wasn't it? But they were already working, on tour. Like you, I think they might go if they won something, well one of the important ones, or maybe if they were in the UK for other reasons, but I don't think they'll be there this year.

They are nominated for something?

That silly hottest male award and then for the actual awards they are nominated for best band and best live.

Tbh not really fussed if they go or not... I just want to see Foo and Arcade Fire perform!

Are you sure AF are playing? NME don't mention them on their website as performers. :erm:

They did the same last year... there were a couple of performers that were not mentioned by NME but confirmed on the channel 4 TV listing.

It would make sense. They were in London for the Brits so they've probably stuck around for this too. They're nominated for a few awards aren't they?

They didn't hang around after The Brits, they left straight after. There was a post on the Band's Managers Twitter because someone asked about them doing a secret show in London like they did to warm up for the Grammys.

They did the same last year... there were a couple of performers that were not mentioned by NME but confirmed on the channel 4 TV listing.

Weird. That's pretty bad marketing by NME seen as tickets for the show haven't sold out yet. I think mentioning that AF are playing would increase ticket sales.:p

Looking forward to seeing their performance on TV. :)

Archived