yay for jj72. (sure, it's worth $30, but i got i to sky for much cheaper through cd-wow).

woo another jj72 fan! :)

that makes me happy. i love them, soo soo sooooo good.

yeah..worth 30..but i'd would have liked to pay less for it..

hm..they need to hurry up with their new cd..

oh yeah..and i should mention muse cos this is the muse board..

so muse muse muse muse.

*sighs*

woo another jj72 fan! :)

yeah, you've got a couple other jj72 fanatics with pete and i here.

it's not so much that they need to hurry up with their third record. they just better tour america this time around (not touring the US after the release of the 2nd album... is that a theme for my favorite bands??)

anyhow, thanks for the birthday wishes, pete.

and glad you have your tv back. that wasn't too bad a wait.

haha thats really funny...cos i got her a pair of socks as well...all nice at st. patrick's decorated...

anwyays, yeah...i'm quite jealous of everyone going to coachella.

i'm such a baby :(

and i thought that 15.99 was an excellent price..especially for an import...i had to pay almost thirty for my jj72 i to sky cd :(

*well worth it though*

there i go with nmy psychic powers again....its a gift really....

yeah, you've got a couple other jj72 fanatics with pete and i here.

it's not so much that they need to hurry up with their third record. they just better tour america this time around (not touring the US after the release of the 2nd album... is that a theme for my favorite bands??)

anyhow, thanks for the birthday wishes, pete.

and glad you have your tv back. that wasn't too bad a wait.

hehe, nice to know i'm not the only jj72 fanatic :)

and yes, you are right. muse and jj72 should do a u.s tour together..that'd be amazing....oh how beautiful dreams are ;)

oh, and happy belated birthday.

hehe, it must be.

use your powers and tell me if muse is coming to texas :)

my powers say yes, but after the rockin show ym band just had, thery might be a tad off....i cant even hear for god sake....it was a blast though...i love playing in front of people...soooo good....well i must try to rid myself of the burden of ringing ears so i will talk to you peoples later...

Did any of you guys read that BS review of absolution in Rollin Stone?

Fucking idiot.

Yes, it's quite poor. (If anyone hasn't seen it you may do so here ) Not because they don't like them, but because the reviewer obviously didn't even listen to it. They even messed up the tracklist.

I tried to retaliate but they kept saying mine was "too long," so the one that's up there now is hardly any good. At least I went out swinging. :rolleyes:

God, Muse has to be one of the easiest bands to review. You read one review, you've basically read it all. Did he actually LISTEN to the album? I doubt it. My new goal is to become a Rolling Stone reviewer. Get paid for writing bullshit two paragraph reviews of one of the greatest albums to have come out in 2003. And again in 2004 here in the states. At least The Vines got a proper review.

But anyway, I realize that my news will sound dull because you all have already heard them, but MY radiostation, YES, MINE, played TIRO last night. :D Okay, so it was 4:52, I take what I can get. :D

I tried to retaliate but they kept saying mine was "too long," so the one that's up there now is hardly any good. At least I went out swinging. :rolleyes:

brilliant! thank you, istya, for coming to their rescue! hats off to ya!

and I *DO* like your retaliation. curious to see what the unabridged version would've been like.

Exactly. Absolution isn't the greatest album ever made, but it's so painfully superior to 95% of what's come out this year (or last year). And it's about 98% better than anything Rolling Stone reviews. But what annoys me the most is that it's Muse's first proper review over here, and people who have never heard them before are believing that they're a Radiohead clone, which isn't fair because they clearly arent.

I share your excitement, Steph! That's great! Your stations are so uptight; thank goodness they've seen logic!

Aw, just for you Apya (WARNING: it was 8 am and I was really under the influence of caffine...):

Have we really sunk this low? I know the American music industry regards new and unconventional sounds with trepidation, but here it seems more like they're running for the hills. Or perhaps they're taking the bus; it's much easier. The lack of research done for this review is appalling. It doesn't take much to see that Mr. Kemp is about as familiar with Muse as Britany Spears is with being fully clothed. Even the tracklisting is inaccurate (I don't know who was so misinformed as to replace "Interlude" with the band members' last names, but it's rather unprofessional). Anyone who reverts to the Radiohead comparison is desperate. Showbiz and the Bends have similarities it's true. And Muse have said that they were influenced by Radiohead. However, I find it very interesting that the album which solidified Muse as their own band is curiously not mentioned at all anywhere on the site. If anyone associated with Rolling Stone had bothered to listen to 2000's Origin of Symmetry, perhaps now they wouldn't be misinforming the masses. Since hearing that, the only band I am comfortable comparing Muse with is Queen. And with Absolution they are truly their own. Radiohead comparisons are so far-fetched and tiring, one might just be ill with them. I hate to use the comparisons even in disproving others' but it does appear to be the only way the media understands. Listen (and I mean actually listen, don’t just copy down the song titles and trust another journalist's opinion of them) to Absolution and you will be perturbed by your fallacy. Listen to "Stockholm Syndrome." Radiohead have never been and probably never will be so heavy and melodic all at once; listen to "Blackout" and count how many bands have produced a waltz tune this year accompanied by truly un-Yorke-like vocals; listen to "Hysteria" and try to rid your head of that riff; and listen to "Butterflies and Hurricanes." If you hear this song and aren't moved by its sheer bravado, or its frenzied shifts between choruses, or its thrilling reassurance that Matt Bellamy just might be the closest thing to Rachmaninov we've got (and all of this from only three people!), then I am truly sorry. And I'm sorry for all the sad people who read Rolling Stone and take it literally because they're too busy to form their own opinions. Because Absolution is what music is about. Not money or fame, but expressing the dire needs of the soul which, if done right, are very unconventional.

Archived