i wish i was going to coachella....muse AND mogwai are playing. But i don't have any friends that are big enough muse fans to fly all the way to cali. damnit damnit damnit.

I like Mogwai, but they're far from being one of the top reasons I'm going to Coachella.

My top five for each day are probably:

1. Death Cab For Cutie.

2. Mindless Self Indulgence

3. The (International) Noise Conspiracy

4. Radiohead

5. Stereolab

1. Muse

2. The Flaming Lips

3. The Cure

4. Belle & Sebastian

5. Bright Eyes

sorry the board was down, here is the end of it

Sara: What's the worst question anyone's ever asked you?

Phil: Aside from ours.

Matt: Aside from yours? Oh... Maybe. Probably. I don't know. Loads of questions are pretty bollocks.

Phil: "What do you eat?"

Matt: No, I like those questions. Those are my favorite ones. Any other questions are complete bollocks. I like the ones that are like, "What do you eat? What do you do? What time is it?" The easy ones.

Dom: [laughs loudly]

Matt: I think the worst questions are the ones like, "What's wrong with you?"

Dom: Or the probing questions.

Matt: Yeah, something like the probing questions. It's fine, but they never get the answer they want.

Sara: Do you think you get less privacy now that you're rock stars?

Matt: [giggles] I wouldn't say we're rock stars at all [wearing shiny pants with a GooGoo Dolls haircut]. You get to talk to more people. But in terms of like personal life, no, it's just the same.

Sara: You've played with the Foo Fighters. You're rock stars.

Matt: No, they're rock stars. We were just hanging around.

Sara: Rock stars by association.

Phil: What's the songwriting process like?

Dom: [points to Matt]

Matt: I write the songs [to Dom] until you pull your finger out of your ass.

Dom: [lifts up finger] Yeah, that's how it works.

Sara: Do you think that, though... No, I won't ask the question.

Matt: Ask it, ask it, ask it. It sounds like a good one.

Sara: No.

Matt: Ask the question!!

Sara: Do you think that maybe your music will move in a different direction after all the critics have said that you sound like a "certain" band?

Matt: Oh, Radiohead. Oh, sorry. We're moving into a new sound anyway.

Sara: Do you think that the criticism has anything to with it?

Matt: When you see us live, you realize that's how we've sounded for ages, about a year or so. [Wow, ages.] And we chose [Radiohead's producer] to produce the band and that had a lot to do with it. And there's the fact that I like Jeff Buckley a lot and so does Thom Yorke. I think if we chose a different producer for the next album, it would be a bit different.

Sara: But would you go out of your way to...

Dom: No, everything just sort of...

Matt: You can never deliberately write in a certain way.

Sara: You can't?

Matt: You can't just sort of like make yourself into, sort of... you know?

Sara: I guess so.

Phil: I think your manager's after us.

With that, our interview suddenly ceased, as we sensed an inevitable fist fight coming on. Muse went on to play a pretty energetic show, pulling out all the rock star tricks (flashy solos, rolling around on the stage) that you'd expect at a stadium. In Fletcher's, it was downright comical. Unsurprisingly, both of their new songs sounded exactly like Rage Against the Machine. But seriously, if you like Radiohead, check out Muse. Just don't interview them.

BY PHIL ANDREWS AND SARA BILLARD

The Johns Hopkins News-Letter

I guess its easier for me to go to Coachella since its only a small drive there.

But i would travel for this baby.

Here's my top 5 reasons for going...

Saturday:

1) Radiohead

2) Pixies

3) the (i)NC

4) Moving Units

5) The Stills

Sunday: (much tougher for me... overall.. a better day)

1) MUSE

2) The Cure

3) B&S

4) Ash

5) The Coper Temple Clause

And that's knowing that i'll probably miss the likes of Paul Van Dyk, The Crystal Method, Adam Freeland and Danger Mouse. (I like electronica, but no way i'm missing my bands)

By the way,

I'm assuming that most bands will get about 40-50 minutes at Coachella, so do you guys/gals think they'll play just "Absolution" tracks, since technically they are supporting that album? It would be excellent if they threw in a few OOS or Showbiz tracks.

I can't even describe how excited I am to finally be able to see MUSE in concert. I think I might hurl. :D

Well if they play early in the day, they'll play anywhere between 30-45 minutes. If they're closers, they can get an hour. That's the trend every time i've gone. The later a band plays, the more they'll perform.

I sure hope they mix it up a bit. Although 30 minutes wouldn't seem enough for a proper selection. But as i've said, better than nothing.

i'll just have to settle for experiencing coachella vicariously. i know a few people going, and i can count on one of them to be good with reviews/pictures. and maybe to call me during muse, if that's not asking for too much, hehe.

i'm starting to feel pessimistic again about muse announcing a US tour. someone restore my optimism, please.

no, i haven't been there. think i've driven by an exit sign for the town, though.

yeah, it does kinda suck. seems everything i want is in southern california.

anyway, maybe things will change and that won't be the first muse concert in america since showbiz. come on boys, start your tour on the east coast!

I just got back from the TCTC show, and...

I'm still unable to form intelligible sentences about how extremely amazing it was.

I got some really nice photos out of it, too, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow when I have access to the USB transfer cable.

…I was leaning against the stage the entire show. :D

Stephanie, are you in South Forida? Do you think Muse may actually come down here? Maybe to West Palm Beach? Carefree Theatre would be great!

Muse's calendar is completely open in April, so they must be coming here the whole month to support their March release!

*hopes/prays*

-Q

Stephanie, are you in South Forida? Do you think Muse may actually come down here? Maybe to West Palm Beach? Carefree Theatre would be great!

Muse's calendar is completely open in April, so they must be coming here the whole month to support their March release!

*hopes/prays*

-Q

Yes! Yes I am! :D Call me Steph, btw. I dunno, to be honest, I'd been kinda doubting they'd wanna come here. But I guess there's always hope. :)

Are you in West Palm Beach? Whereabouts? I have family in Wellington and Royal Palm. I'm from Pembroke Pines, in Broward, myself. :)

Btw, Mark... that's awesome! Do you happen to know what the setlist was? And how full was the show? Do they have a lot of fans around there?

Btw, Mark... that's awesome! Do you happen to know what the setlist was? And how full was the show? Do they have a lot of fans around there?

I couldn't give an accurate setlist, no. I tried to get a stagehand to give me one of the setlists afterwards, but he gave it to the people right next to me, instead. :(

What I do distinctly remember:

Promises, Promises

A.I.M.

Talking To A Brick Wall

Blind Pilots

The Same Mistakes

The Devil Walks In The Sand

Amber

Um.... As for the rest, my mind's currently blanking, though I might update that list later.

Oh, and there was a good seventy or so people there, but only a dozen or two knew TCTC, I think.

Edit:

1. Fuck me, trying to use HTML here. >_>

2. Thanks, oldy.

3. Pictures in a few moments.

my god.....the cooper temple clause was god awesome. i was right in front of ben and i could have grabbed his pants if i wasn't afriad he would have tambourined me in the face hahahaha. but yeah, despite alot of guitar problems they still kicked extreme ass, i was very suprised by there performance of amber, and new toys was orgasmic. i grabbed ben's water bottle after the show but the retards at the front door wouldn't let me take it, but it was still awesome. i'm praying that they'll come back around the DC area VERY soon.

Did you have the black-framed glasses?

...and I snagged Dan's beer. :p

I didn't get a good picture of Didz, though.

no i was wearing the confusing tan shirt standing next to the tall kid with shaggy hair and glasses. i had my hands resting on a monitor for most of the show. hahah the stage man warned me and my friend not to touch any of the beer.

Archived