Living the American dream.

Working too hard, making crap wages, and not being able to afford to buy the things I make/sell. :LOL:

Do I have that right...?

Seriously, the job market is pissing me off. 5+ years of experience and a college degree... for a job that starts off at $35k a year.

Something isn't right here...

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense when you hear about it for the first few times.

I had a job interview in a town a bit away from me yesterday. Hadn't been there in like 6 years, but when I was there last, spent a lot of time around the town, alone, shopping and walking around. Pleasant place.

Went to the interview, the HR told me not to wear a purse, and to keep my cards/money and phone in my front pockets.

The entire town looked post-apocalyptic - almost all of the shops were run down and empty, there was grafiti everywhere, and people loitering all over the streets.

I walked past a drug deal getting into the building, and when I stopped to shop at a book store, a seriously creepy old man in a torn and filthy sweat suit followed me around closely until I hurried back to my car.

Is this really what's happening to our country? :(

I had a job interview in a town a bit away from me yesterday. Hadn't been there in like 6 years, but when I was there last, spent a lot of time around the town, alone, shopping and walking around. Pleasant place.

Went to the interview, the HR told me not to wear a purse, and to keep my cards/money and phone in my front pockets.

The entire town looked post-apocalyptic - almost all of the shops were run down and empty, there was grafiti everywhere, and people loitering all over the streets.

I walked past a drug deal getting into the building, and when I stopped to shop at a book store, a seriously creepy old man in a torn and filthy sweat suit followed me around closely until I hurried back to my car.

That is quite sad.

:stunned:

I really wish Muse would come to America and do at least one gig before T2L comes here. :/ I'm a bit disappointed.

Yeah, but then again I suppose it'd be a bit much to do so at this point, seeing as how the release date is so close. But it's nice to think about what would happen if they did come here.

And as for the actual tour...:chuckle:

It sort of sucks being into a band not from the US. Means we're lucky to get one round of shows every record.

PoP... I had never seen that photo in your sig before! Where was that from?

Almost too much on the blue eyes. :eek:

Also just realizing that Matt might be quite a bit shorter than me, from that picture... :LOL:

Yes, totally.

It sort of sucks being into a band not from the US. Means we're lucky to get one round of shows every record.

PoP... I had never seen that photo in your sig before! Where was that from?

Almost too much on the blue eyes. :eek:

Also just realizing that Matt might be quite a bit shorter than me, from that picture... :LOL:

Err...the No Animals or Aliens harmed disclaimer? That's from Independence Day.

Hello Musers!

I'm trying to get a crap-ton of people to go with me on the 2nd to go buy The 2nd Law at Amoeba Records!

Let's get as many people to go as we can, that would be awesome! Carpooling or walking...whatever...it doesn't matter.

Just post on here if you do live near or if you dont, then it's ok, we're all family.

-Pablo Romero

I'm counting on it.

I am in Idaho, and the closest gig to me is Oakland. I NEED a SLC show. I can't afford to travel on top of the price of tickets, money is super tight. Plus, going over the Sierras in January is not my idea of fun.

There are a lot of gaps in the dates that suggest they will be scheduling more. I can't imagine them not doing Seattle, Phoenix, Vegas, Denver, etc. Plus, Dom said in an interview that the tour is to be about 2 years long. That's plenty of time to hit the states again. If I have to wait for next fall to see them, I will, or maybe I will do more than one show, but it has to be closer than Oakland FFS.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived