Oh god, are you my boyfriend spying on me???

BTW, on shopping at the Muse store... English sizes are WAY off. I ordered a beautiful shirt, and it looks like a napkin on me. Completely indecent. :LOL:

Know the feeling :LOL:

Aww, that sucks.Maybe you can make a doll to wear it or something?

What I should do with my OoS and Uprising shirts. They were too small from the get-go.

I should have probably bought a shirt at the tour last year, but I really didn't see anything I liked. I'm getting a bit on to be wearing most "concert" style shirts, but they have some really lovely and non-tour-y shirts on the European shop.

Of course, mostly out of sizes that aren't "small." :$

I'm so excited for the new album, but not so much for the "panic for years wondering how close they'll get to my city on tour" part... and then if there is a date close, having a 50% chance that my job will have a "non-negotiable" work day that night, and I won't be able to go.

Since getting in to the band at Absolution release time, I've only managed to see them once, in '10. :(

Their tour schedule in the US last year was still MUCH smaller than I was really expecting.

I should have probably bought a shirt at the tour last year, but I really didn't see anything I liked. I'm getting a bit on to be wearing most "concert" style shirts, but they have some really lovely and non-tour-y shirts on the European shop.

Of course, mostly out of sizes that aren't "small." :$

:facepalm:

Next gig you go to, bring the shirt (probably don't wear it) and try to get it signed. Then frame it or something and hang it up/sell it.

Boom.

Next gig you go to, bring the shirt (probably don't wear it) and try to get it signed. Then frame it or something and hang it up/sell it.

Boom.

hehe, that's a brilliant idea.

I'm a bit petrified of meeting bands, though, to be honest. I don't know how people manage it! :p

I know blathering on about my age is silly, since I'm not that old - it's more my friends and coworkers giving me shit for still being into 'childish' things like music that make me feel like I'm 100 - and judged.

How about "I like your music".

They are just people in the end.

People always say this, and I've thought a lot about it in past year. "Just treat them like normal people; they're just human."

And I TOTALLY agree with that.

That said, I would *never* approach a complete stranger on the street and start talking to them like I knew about them, and especially wouldn't stalk them out after their job to try and say anything to them.

So, still very confusing for me.

So, on the occassions where I've met bands (typically at a friend's request) I've felt really uncomfortable and horrible the entire time. And that was when I was young. :p

And, while I've met a relatively decent amount of bands, it's been over 8 years since I've done so.

Unless you count the time Gavin Rossdale walked past us, and stopped to tell me how 'hot' my boyfriend was. (And I had the uncomfortable realization that they look similar... and Gavin was definately refering to that...)

Plus, you always put yourself in the position of being snubbed, or having a bad you love be really rude to you. :(

I've seen it go to both extremes; had band members - non-Muse - hug or kiss me for no reason, and then had a singer I really respected totally disrespect me when I told them how brilliant I found him, and thanked him for the great set list.

And one not even famous band where the lead openly mocked me for no reason - and where I needless to say informed him that he wasn't even famous, and I couldn't give a shit what he had to say.

Ouch. Just...ouch.

About my last statement?

I was literally handing out promo CDs for a band that played *before* the official opening act (and about 10 minutes before half the crowd even got through the line to get into the venue) and I was doing it for a friend who called me at the last minute and was in the hospital.

I guess she got credit on some sort of fan site for doing it, but I was just doing a favor. And for the free show tix - not realizing I would be OUTSIDE the venue when the band I wanted to see was on, and the venue wouldn't let me re-enter! :(

About halfway through freezing my ass off in a frighteningly bad area of town, the lead from the bad walked out of the venue and past me, and after observing me for a few moments working for HIS lousy band, called out something to the effect of "sweet effort, sugar, but only 10s get to come party."

I wouldn't even have known who he was if he wasn't dressed like a pretentious twat, and had his pic on the promos.

He deserved it.

I was even a good friend, and didn't tell my friend what a dick this dude was IRL.

About my last statement?

I was literally handing out promo CDs for a band that played *before* the official opening act (and about 10 minutes before half the crowd even got through the line to get into the venue) and I was doing it for a friend who called me at the last minute and was in the hospital.

I guess she got credit on some sort of fan site for doing it, but I was just doing a favor. And for the free show tix - not realizing I would be OUTSIDE the venue when the band I wanted to see was on, and the venue wouldn't let me re-enter! :(

About halfway through freezing my ass off in a frighteningly bad area of town, the lead from the bad walked out of the venue and past me, and after observing me for a few moments working for HIS lousy band, called out something to the effect of "sweet effort, sugar, but only 10s get to come party."

I wouldn't even have known who he was if he wasn't dressed like a pretentious twat, and had his pic on the promos.

He deserved it.

I was even a good friend, and didn't tell my friend what a dick this dude was IRL.

hey americans.

Hey there!

So, does anyone know how much I would have to pay for a special ticket to meet the band? It's just...my dream...I'm a little too obsessed I suppose, but I'd just like to meet them and let them know how much I appreciate them and how much they inspire me....oh and I'd also just like an autograph lol.

Hay. :p

Hey Kwif :p

Hey there!

So, does anyone know how much I would have to pay for a special ticket to meet the band? It's just...my dream...I'm a little too obsessed I suppose, but I'd just like to meet them and let them know how much I appreciate them and how much they inspire me....oh and I'd also just like an autograph lol.

I honestly couldn't tell you, things like that are sooo far out of my range of knowledge :LOL: Though sometimes radio stations will get word of concerts and setup a contest to meet the band. You could keep an eye on the radio stations in your area, see if that gets you anywhere :thumbsup:

Hey Kwif :p

I honestly couldn't tell you, things like that are sooo far out of my range of knowledge :LOL: Though sometimes radio stations will get word of concerts and setup a contest to meet the band. You could keep an eye on the radio stations in your area, see if that gets you anywhere :thumbsup:

:D Thanks, although I don't think the boys'll come close enough for my radio stations...unless they're finally enlightened.

Archived