It still hasn't worn off, and I don't think it ever will. I am in shock at what I saw last night.

Like I said last night though, maybe 50 people in that place actually realised what they were seeing. I was in seats, but had to move up the back, because I just couldnt sit down during that setlist, and everyone around there was so dead. So I stood up the back with a couple of other people and my sister, and suitably lost the plot.

I don't think I can pick one highlight, but I'll die happy having seen Citizen Erased live.

This drives me mad. And you were very nice to move. I would have stood at my seat and annoyed the pants off the people around me. I was very lucky that all my seat sections were outstanding and stood (at a minimum) the entire time.

This is the part that probably kills me the most, those who were there last night that just didn't understand...

But yay for being able to witness it, I'm still pissed I couldn't afford the tickets - I'm using every inch of willpower I have to stop myself from buying tickets to the Sydney or Melbourne 2nd night...or even both :$

This. Know that there are others who feel your pain.

For some reason I just feel that they treated last night as another rehearsal night - rehearsing all their "alternate" songs (I mean, MKU, Bliss, Sunburn, CE in one gig?!) and that the rest of the gigs will be a mixture of the songs from these two gigs and RBS.

See, that would make sense. But this is Muse we're talking about. Where they'll play the same generic set the rest of the world got on the first night, and then deliver a scathing message the following night to all the people that didn't get tickets to both nights.

Great show yesterday :musesign:

...and on a more girly note, all the time I was watching Matt I was thinking, god you're just the cutest weird little thing ever, can I please take you home and keep you in a jar? :stongue:

Really look forward to the rest of the shows now.

:LOL::LOL:That sounds cute...can I get one of those in a jar too please:LOL:

See, that would make sense. But this is Muse we're talking about. Where they'll play the same generic set the rest of the world got on the first night, and then deliver a scathing message the following night to all the people that didn't get tickets to both nights.

Yeah but even this is waaaaaaay beyond. Usually a "second night" arena set will have two, maybe three, of MKU/CE/Bliss/Sunburn(?!)/RBS/TAB - not four.

The fact that they soundchecked the entire gig on Sunday does indicate that at least one of these gigs was a rehearsal gig.

Great show yesterday :musesign:

- I love Exogenesis to death, but because it was the opening song I thought that its dreaminess and delicacy was drowned out by the excited screaming all around me. A big stomping song like Uprising would have worked better IMO.

- It felt a bit weird to have Knights as neither the opener nor the closer. Take A Bow is a fantastic closer in its own right, but when Knights close the show it just feels like everything has been building up to -that- riff and the massive release of energy.

- After seeing U2 and Muse shows so close together, I did feel the lack of interaction and general humanity at a Muse show more acutely than usual. But damn Matt is just so compelling to watch, introverted as he is, that any reservations are more like an afterthought.

...and on a more girly note, all the time I was watching Matt I was thinking, god you're just the cutest weird little thing ever, can I please take you home and keep you in a jar? :stongue:

Excellent gig review! :D I especially agree with all that you said about the setlist. I enjoyed the Overture opening set very much in Raleigh (my favorite show ever) but there are certain superiorities to the standard set as well. And I also saw them right after seeing 2 more interactive bands that I love, but I agree wholeheartedly with your description of the differences. And Matt in a jar...:LOL: Congrats on the killer setlist, too.

It still hasn't worn off, and I don't think it ever will. I am in shock at what I saw last night.

Like I said last night though, maybe 50 people in that place actually realised what they were seeing. I was in seats, but had to move up the back, because I just couldnt sit down during that setlist, and everyone around there was so dead. So I stood up the back with a couple of other people and my sister, and suitably lost the plot.

I don't think I can pick one highlight, but I'll die happy having seen Citizen Erased live.

Just got back to Melbourne after seeing both nights and I couldn't agree more with the fact that most of the crowd in the seated section had no idea how momentous and special the setlist was. We were seated rear side view and the crowd around us were sitting with their arms crossed and at one point mocking us for our enthuisium and photo taking. Couldn't see much there, but had a good view of them fixing Matt's ears and his storming off the stage after KOC. He was NQR after the technical difficulties and totally ignored the poor buggers at the side rear view, unlike the previous night where they at least turned around and looked at them a few times.

Apart from that am feeling so fortunate to have been there to hear (and sorta see) that setlist. Oh and I thought the first night rocked.!!!

I've had alot of success meeting the boys, these past few days was the 4th time in 3 years I'd met them. When they arrived it was only Matt & Dom...so I felt that I had to go back today to see Chris & get my sigs completed. On the USA/Canadian tour I wore these AC/DC devil horns each time I was in GA. So I thought since the horns travelled half way around the world we me, that I should get a pic with them on today. Matt & Dom were quited amused :)

Spreading the Christmas Cheer :)

P1090386.jpg

I wished Dom a Happy Birthday, he's always so nice & always has time to stop & take photos.

P1090387.jpg

The Mo has gone :)

P1090388.jpg

So I got a couple of my favourite pics I took on tour signed by the boys & Morgan. This is my photo from Nashville.

P1090393.jpg

This is my pic I took at Houston show

P1090392.jpg

Setlist from Houston

P1090394.jpg

Thanks to Kirky for helping me out too :)

Just got back to Melbourne after seeing both nights and I couldn't agree more with the fact that most of the crowd in the seated section had no idea how momentous and special the setlist was. We were seated rear side view and the crowd around us were sitting with their arms crossed and at one point mocking us for our enthuisium and photo taking. Couldn't see much there, but had a good view of them fixing Matt's ears and his storming off the stage after KOC. He was NQR after the technical difficulties and totally ignored the poor buggers at the side rear view, unlike the previous night where they at least turned around and looked at them a few times.

Apart from that am feeling so fortunate to have been there to hear (and sorta see) that setlist. Oh and I thought the first night rocked.!!!

I agree, technical issues aside, both nights were fantastic especially the set list for the second night (OMG we got Sunburn) but the crowd in the seated areas around us were really boring. Sorry to offend anyone but having also been to Wembley concerts, where even those in seating areas were standing and having a good time, both these concerts seemed to lack enthusiam from the crowd. Mosh looked like they were having a good time and i wish i was there but couldn't get tickets to general admin. It looked like the place to be.

I've had alot of success meeting the boys, these past few days was the 4th time in 3 years I'd met them. When they arrived it was only Matt & Dom...so I felt that I had to go back today to see Chris & get my sigs completed.

Hey, I was wondering if anyone went to the airport today. What time were they actually there? I wanted to go but by the time I realised what the time actually was I thought I might have been too late...but now I'm not so sure :S

Hey, I was wondering if anyone went to the airport today. What time were they actually there? I wanted to go but by the time I realised what the time actually was I thought I might have been too late...but now I'm not so sure :S

They arrived just after 1pm,their plane will have already touched down in Sydney.

They arrived just after 1pm,their plane will have already touched down in Sydney.

Yeah they touched down a bit before...sucks to know I got my timing wrong again, would have made it to Brissy airport with heaps of time to spare :facepalm:, oh well just have to try again in another 3 or so years

This whole "rehearsal night" theory doesn't sit well with me.

They've been on this tour for how long? Why start rehearsing more oldies with 4 shows to go. I guess the 18 North American dates they had from Sep- late October weren't enough eh?

Archived