Butterflies & Hurricanes

Bliss

Unnatural Selection

Map of the Problematique

Take a Bow

Something like this would have been fairer imo

But its the second night, they deserve the setlist they got

AHHHRRHRGGRGHRGRH IM SO NERVOUS.

I am really worried the second night better thing will happen in melbourne, and I am dying to hear an amazing setlist like last night, I want bliss so much D: ahhhh nerves, I have to see how sydney turns out, maybe they will rock awesome setlists from now on.

Great show yesterday :musesign:

Brisbane Entertainment Centre has to be the strangest large venue I've been to. It's a few good train stops away from the city centre, and to get there from the train station you have to walk through some kind of wild-looking park area. On the way back, there were frogs screaming loudly from the ditches everywhere; safe to say I've never left a concert accompanied by a frog choir.

After we were let through the main gate, had to wait for hour and a half to get inside the arena. My bum was still sore after last week's epic 7-hour queue for U2, so I was immensely happy to sit on a nice soft carpet instead of concrete, with the easily accessible toilets and drinks. Once inside, I grabbed a great spot three rows away from the stage, on Matt's side. The difference between the GA audiences for Muse and U2 was hilarious - I was surrounded by teenagers right, left and centre, lots of girls. Did spot a few "oldies" around as well though :)

The opening band, Dead Letter Circus, were ok but not really my cuppa, thankfully their set was very short. The main event started at around 9.10 pm; I had managed to avoid looking at the photos and videos of the tour too much prior to the concert, so the towers setup was a total novelty. I loved the dramatic way the curtains fell down just before Matt started to sing! I mostly ended up watching the band rather than the spectacle, so I'm glad that I'll have a chance to see it from the distance later on.

- I love Exogenesis to death, but because it was the opening song I thought that its dreaminess and delicacy was drowned out by the excited screaming all around me. A big stomping song like Uprising would have worked better IMO.

- Right after Exo there was an awkward pause when something went wrong with Matt's ear piece and they had to fix the problem, Dom filled it with banter as well as he could.

- It felt a bit weird to have Knights as neither the opener nor the closer. Take A Bow is a fantastic closer in its own right, but when Knights close the show it just feels like everything has been building up to -that- riff and the massive release of energy.

- Sunburn was a really lovely surprise! Especially since I've never heard it live before.

- Another surprise was that I enjoyed United States of Eurasia the most out of all songs off The Resistance. It's not one of my biggest favourites on the album, but I felt that it was really effective live, especially when Matt's vocals explode with CAN BEEEE ONLY ONE!!!

- After seeing U2 and Muse shows so close together, I did feel the lack of interaction and general humanity at a Muse show more acutely than usual. But damn Matt is just so compelling to watch, introverted as he is, that any reservations are more like an afterthought.

...and on a more girly note, all the time I was watching Matt I was thinking, god you're just the cutest weird little thing ever, can I please take you home and keep you in a jar? :stongue:

- Loved the jam section with Dom and Chris. Chris wore his black-and-white striped suite and for once Matt wasn't the one with the weirdest clothes onstage :LOL:

- The laser show during Undisclosed Desires and the eyeball baloons they released when Bliss was playing were heaps of fun. One of the eyeballs landed right over my head, these things are actually surprisingly hard to burst :)

Really look forward to the rest of the shows now.

Hi all.

Went to both gigs, and whilst the second show probably had the better set list, both were pretty bloody impressive. Anyone playing on going, beg, borrow or steal to get a ticket for the second show.

img22180.jpg

img24880.jpg

It still hasn't worn off, and I don't think it ever will. I am in shock at what I saw last night.

Like I said last night though, maybe 50 people in that place actually realised what they were seeing. I was in seats, but had to move up the back, because I just couldnt sit down during that setlist, and everyone around there was so dead. So I stood up the back with a couple of other people and my sister, and suitably lost the plot.

I don't think I can pick one highlight, but I'll die happy having seen Citizen Erased live.

Like I said last night though, maybe 50 people in that place actually realised what they were seeing.

This is the part that probably kills me the most, those who were there last night that just didn't understand...

But yay for being able to witness it, I'm still pissed I couldn't afford the tickets - I'm using every inch of willpower I have to stop myself from buying tickets to the Sydney or Melbourne 2nd night...or even both :$

This is the part that probably kills me the most, those who were there last night that just didn't understand...

But yay for being able to witness it, I'm still pissed I couldn't afford the tickets - I'm using every inch of willpower I have to stop myself from buying tickets to the Sydney or Melbourne 2nd night...or even both :$

Yeah, and that's mainly why I feel sorry for so many people. But I loved Sunday so much as well, and Matt was pretty dull last night (barring one kickass knee slide :D :D )

Yeah, and that's mainly why I feel sorry for so many people. But I loved Sunday so much as well, and Matt was pretty dull last night (barring one kickass knee slide :D :D )

Well that (being his dullness) makes me a little bit happier :LOL:...oh well what's done is done...can't wait to see what else the throw at the setlists for the other shows...if it manages to top last night I will be extremely pissed that Bris night 1 got the raw end of the deal

For some reason I just feel that they treated last night as another rehearsal night - rehearsing all their "alternate" songs (I mean, MKU, Bliss, Sunburn, CE in one gig?!) and that the rest of the gigs will be a mixture of the songs from these two gigs and RBS.

Archived