But now it's more important to them for the shows to be swish as they're in a different league.

Cos clearly, 16 songs, the exact same show (even same moves for most songs, I checked) and pillars that go up and down is a much better league than a real 19-20 songs hardcore rock concert.

I think naomithegreat will agree in this with me. You guys speak the truth :yesey:

on the other side, moaning was never this fun. Actually I think this is the first time I'm doing it :chuckle:

We do.

I know people thought we were just starting beef for the sake of it, but we weren't. I just feel sorry for everyone who went to gigs the nights Muse just couldn't be arsed.

This is maturity.

You are insane.

Cos clearly, 16 songs, the exact same show (even same moves for most songs, I checked) and pillars that go up and down is a much better league then a real 19-20 songs hardcore rock concert.

Didn't you know, people aren't there for the music, they are there for the lights.

If Muse's crew can't handle a change of like 4 songs, then maybe it's time for the boot...

I agree with this. I have seen other shows with the same level of lights, tech and other visual stuff, but they were still able to pull off a varied setlist every other night (NIN Lights in the Sky tour comes to mind). If the crew can't pull it off, it might be time for some rotation in the ranks.

This is maturity.

I don't understand how you never seem to accept that they DO wrong.

I love the band, don't get me wrong, but you seem so blindly in love with it. They screwed over the fans during the whole tour and now they expect us to put a happy face and say "oh yeah, this is because they paid more?' Fuck that.

They deserve that people in the US treats them as a "movie" band, cause every time they come here that's what they show.

I REALLY wish a reporter would ask the guys why they played these two different set lists on back to back nights in Australia (or why they seem to play older songs on 2nd night shows) and why they threw "Sunburn" in out of nowhere on the last leg of their Resistance tour. I just would like to understand what they are thinking on their set lists for different countries. I know they commented that Americans overall are not familiar with their old stuff, so they stick to their new release music. I can understand this a little, but I would think they might like to introduce some of their AWESOME older music to their new found fans in America. :$

The only league Muse are in is the Northern Counties East League. Maybe one day they can get promoted to the Blue Square North Division, if they sort their defence out.

Being defensive is what Muse is all about. They need some key players and a good offensive.

Matt: "Alright boys, we have MK Ultra, B&H, Sunburn, Bliss, Citizen Erased and Take A Bow ready to go, what do we do?"

Dom: "Muscle Museum!!!"

Matt: "Shut it, wanker."

Chris: "Spread it out evenly over the two nights."

Matt: "Fuck, you guys are useless. I'm putting them all in on the second night."

I REALLY wish a reporter would ask the guys why they played these two different set lists on back to back nights in Australia (or why they seem to play older songs on 2nd night shows) and why they threw "Sunburn" in out of nowhere on the last leg of their Resistance tour. I just would like to understand what they are thinking on their set lists for different countries. I know they commented that Americans overall are not familiar with their old stuff, so they stick to their new release music. I can understand this a little, but I would think they might like to introduce some of their AWESOME older music to their new found fans in America. :$

I don't think reporters have the balls to ask them. That or all they are told to focus only on the good points; the pretty lights, the lazers, the singalongs, the awards...not how they overcharge fans for shit setlists and have no respect for the people who made them who they are today.

Cos clearly, 16 songs, the exact same show (even same moves for most songs, I checked) and pillars that go up and down is a much better league than a real 19-20 songs hardcore rock concert.

If they want everything to be perfect, and I say if, as it's supposition, that has nothing to do with their shows from years ago and whether or not they were better or not. I'm referring to them competing with world class acts now when before they weren't. And whatever anyone thinks on here, it relates to how Muse think they have to be, not us.

They should really be doing 22 songs minimum - and get rid of the shit riffs as well, all they do is waste time. Save one or two for the very last song and that's it.

If they want everything to be perfect, and I say if, as it's supposition, that has nothing to do with their shows from years ago and whether or not they were better or not. I'm referring to them competing with world class acts now when before they weren't. And whatever anyone thinks on here, it relates to how Muse think they have to be, not us.

They are not a world class act though. That's the point. Although people are obviously bigging them up so they believe they still are. So they think they can fuck about with 16 song sets with all the hits. Muse aren't in the same league as the world class acts. They wouldn't know class if it slapped them in the face these days.

What is this about competing? How is that an excuse? Do they have to be better than U2? Should their own shows have to be sterilized just so that they can do a note perfect show to "beat" U2?

Muse are Muse because that's their job. They make money from the live shows. They make that money because fans pay for it. And if people complain, they should listen. If they don't it shows blatant disrespect. It's been long enough.

Honesty no band in the world, no person in the world would think it's fair to play 2 nights in a row, such completely different sets. They know what they play.

At the end of the day, they owe all their success to their fans, so I don't give a shit if Muse think playing the same tunes would make them perfect, and playing a shorter set would mean less chances to fuck up. At the end of the day, they need to please those who pay the money. Not themselves.

Back in 2007 I saw them live more than 10 times and I wasn't disappointed even once. This year, my second show I gave them the benefit of the doubt. After that it all went downhill. I won't be paying to travel to see them anymore and I'm sure I'm not alone.

They should really be doing 22 songs minimum - and get rid of the shit riffs as well, all they do is waste time. Save one or two for the very last song and that's it.

Honestly for now 19-20 a night with a real changing setlist would be good enough. 22 is really A DIFFERENT LEAGUE of bands who care and want to please their fans. *cough*

"Companies as ours can do what we want, if you're unhappy with your product, DEAL WITH IT. We don't have to give you costumer support, we do as we damn well please."

"This product didn't have what it promised, You told me it had rarities and songs from polls"

"Fuck you, We make the rules, we can break them if we want"

Archived