Knowing Video Hits, it probably will be. :chuckle:

And it was. They had a 5 minute interview with Matt which was about a month old, because he was talking about the tour. They only played 1 song, which was HAARP SS, and they called it PiB. :mad:

EDIT: Since I wrote that last post we got 2 more bits of the interview and, of course, Starlight.

And it was. They had a 5 minute interview with Matt which was about a month old, because he was talking about the tour. They only played 1 song, which was HAARP SS, and they called it PiB. :mad:

EDIT: Since I wrote that last post we got 2 more bits of the interview and, of course, Starlight.

So it was all from HAARP? And was it the Lake Como interview?

(Chas Licciardello included this in his top 10 of the year for the hottest 100)

Muse - Neutron Star Collision

Yes, I know it's the song from 'Twilight'. What - can't anything from 'Twilight' not be shit? Oh, I see. Thanks for setting me straight on that.

Ok, well, thank god for iView, because I don't care what songs they play, I'm always amazed when I even SEE Muse on TV... but, for anyone that has Channel [V], I'd start checking guides in a few weeks, because they'll start playing highlights from BDO 2010, and Muse got a big look in for that one... #1 on the 2010 Highlights was Muse doing Back in Black with Nic Cester, so we'll probably see that again, amongst other things...

and check out this song from the last episode of the riff... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud8FY0n3xuk

MUSE IN IT TWICE!!!

and check out this song from the last episode of the riff... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud8FY0n3xuk

MUSE IN IT TWICE!!!

That was freakin funny. :LOL::LOL: I like Billy, its good to see Channel V having some, if any integrity again. really it got very MTV for a while there. 10 years ago i would never have said max was better than V. But then max does have Jabba and yummi now......anyway. good to see its not so dummbed down now.

That was freakin funny. :LOL::LOL: I like Billy, its good to see Channel V having some, if any integrity again. really it got very MTV for a while there. 10 years ago i would never have said max was better than V. But then max does have Jabba and yummi now......anyway. good to see its not so dummbed down now.

yeah, the Riff's actually really good...

and, guess what? I was watching [V] 4 ME a few minutes ago, and they were showing the end of the gyroscope concert, and I thought the Temper Trap would be on next (hee fave band!), but then MUSE was on it from BDO last year doing Back in Black!!!!!!!! Sooooo happy... I never see Muse on TV!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Bumping this thread because I didn't even realise we had a media watch thread again. Nice to know we're allowed to have something around here that doesn't get locked :indiff:

ANYWAY, to keep the post on topic:

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/musicnews/s3534570.htm Funny reactions to Survival (as I said on twitter/fb we should start another Super Request campaign and get Muse as the most requested every night for as long as we can, if only because it will piss some listeners off :LOL: )

The Doctor was also planning something Muse-related for this afternoon, anyone hear it?

Good god I miss these boards...

• 3 weeks later...

Muse: No Australian Tour until 2014.

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/local/33146/Muse-No-Australian-tour-until-2014?utm_source=mailbomb&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=11059-[Newsletter]%20Weezer%20and%20Blink%20182%20tours,%20BDO%20predictions,%20Sando%20debate

Space opera pioneers, dubstep converts and Olympic torch bearers Muse won’t be bringing their new album The 2nd Law until 2014.

The news comes from triple j magzine’s music editor, Samantha Clode, who interviewed the band yesterday and has announced on Twitter that although Muse was “chuffed” with triple j’s joke version of the band’s new single Survival there’ll be “No Oz tour though ‘til 2014”.

The trio haven’t been seen in Australia since 2010, although they did tour twice that year – headlining the Big Day Out in January before returning for a low key tour eleven months later. These second shows saw the band playing atop giant towers erected in the middle of arenas surrounded by what FL’s reviewer described as “enough End Of The World art direction to make it seem like Pink Floyd never happened”.

The band’s new single Survival has divided opinions with the 44% of FL voters declaring that it is “Terrible, but it’s an Olympic song so at least it’s not Nikki Webster”, while 13% declared that the song is “Part of a fiendish Illuminati plan to destroy the world.”

As that review of the band’s show in Sydney in 2010 noted: “Muse will always straddle the divide between cool and geeky, no matter how many times their songs are used in vampire movies. As we leave the stadium reeling, the one name that emerges in conversations all around us is that of the late Freddie Mercury’s. Certainly Muse have put on a glam show worthy of comparison to their countrymen, Queen. And Bellamy, with his shining falsetto, guitar solos and even shinier pants, could well be the man’s natural successor. We’ll probably find that out for certain on the next Muse tour, which one has little doubt will be on the moon.”

:(

Well that's rough for Aussie fans. Spring 2013 will no doubt be US, but what do they have then planned for late 2013? South America and/or Asia more extensively than in the past? A break of few months?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived