Not bothered to scan so I'll type

If Acer Arena were built to showcase just one kick-ass band in the world, Muse could very well be the chosen one. The British rockers tore the roof off the Homebush stadium on Thursday night, delivering their Resistance tour for the first time in Australia.

A stage supporting three mammoth pillars welcomed a sellout crowd that included the likes of S regulars Michelle Leslie and fiance Adam Zammit and Laura Csortan. Then as a sea of strobe lights, flashing LED's, lasers and projected visuals exploded on stage, the band appeared, perched atop the pillars. Frontman Matt Bellamy, sporting a dapper metallic-sequinned suit, blasted the boys right into the crowd-pleasing Uprising but just as pulses began settling, Resistance dragged us up onto our feet all over again. Green lasers sliced their way through the crowd Tron-style. A heaving mosh bounced as one to classics like Citizen Erased, which Bellamy dedicated to Julian Assange from Wikileaks, Map of the Problematique and the singalong that always is Starlight.

Twi-hards, who have fallen head over heels for Muse after hearing the band on several Twilight soundtracks, also got their fix through a stellar peformance of Supermassive Black Hole-"OMG, it's the baseball scene!"- but it was the quality use of the venue space that made the biggest impact.

Besides the incredible light and moving footage displays, the crew managed to drag a grand piano onto one of the towers and as Bellamy worked his magic, band mate Dom Howard and his drumkit rotated 360 degrees.

Nearing the end, the band's trademark inflatable white eyeballs were finally dropped into the arena. The musical wonderland reached its climax when Muse returned for a thumping encore, featuring the long-anticipated Knights of Cydonia.

As the crowd busted out their most skilled Guitar Hero moves, it looked as though there wasn't a single soul left unmoved. A night bound to be long remembered.

This is from Herald Sun... :rolleyes:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad-application/muse-cop-a-caning-over-ciggies/story-fn6bn80a-1225972362987

Muse cop a caning over ciggies

ROD Laver Arena officials have given rockers Muse a rap over the knuckles after they were caught lighting up on stage.

The Black Holes and Revelations trio was hauled over the coals by stadium bosses after bassist Christopher Wolstenholme smoked two cigarettes on stage during their final gig in Melbourne.

Rod Laver, like all indoor venues in Australia, has a strict no-smoking policy.

Wolstenholme tried to hide his puffing at first, lighting up for a few quick puffs while dry ice smoke poured over the stadium.

But he later dragged on a cigarette in between songs, infuriating bosses and security.

"Officials spoke to the band before and after the show and we were extremely disappointed when they decided to flaunt our strict no-smoking policy," Rod Laver spokeswoman Jo Juler said. "They are known as an anti-establishment style of performance group, but it was still sad that they decided to go ahead regardless."

Muse were also rapped for encouraging fans to "mosh out" -- in direct violation of security rules.

just saw MUSE at rod laver last night and they were f*cking epic...

their absolution numbers still were the ticket for me..

any way but i got some muse clothes that i don't fit and i want to get rid of..

MUSE T-SHIRT

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220712000640&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

awesome rare MUSE HI-VIS.. any tradies out their this would be pretty mean on the work site.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220712004528&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

kthnx

This is from Herald Sun... :rolleyes:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad-application/muse-cop-a-caning-over-ciggies/story-fn6bn80a-1225972362987

Muse cop a caning over ciggies

ROD Laver Arena officials have given rockers Muse a rap over the knuckles after they were caught lighting up on stage.

The Black Holes and Revelations trio was hauled over the coals by stadium bosses after bassist Christopher Wolstenholme smoked two cigarettes on stage during their final gig in Melbourne.

Rod Laver, like all indoor venues in Australia, has a strict no-smoking policy.

Wolstenholme tried to hide his puffing at first, lighting up for a few quick puffs while dry ice smoke poured over the stadium.

But he later dragged on a cigarette in between songs, infuriating bosses and security.

"Officials spoke to the band before and after the show and we were extremely disappointed when they decided to flaunt our strict no-smoking policy," Rod Laver spokeswoman Jo Juler said. "They are known as an anti-establishment style of performance group, but it was still sad that they decided to go ahead regardless."

Muse were also rapped for encouraging fans to "mosh out" -- in direct violation of security rules.

:LOL:

Not sure if this belongs here as it's BBC but they're in Australia, so... this from the BBC Cricket live commentary page, posted about an hour ago I think (I mean I assume the times are UK times as it's the BBC?)

Eng 55-2

England finally get off 51 as Siddle sends down a no-ball. Pietersen nudges a leg-bye down to fine leg, and Trott scatters the seagulls again with a two through the covers. And at the end of the over, Ajmal Shahzad brings out some replacement bats for KP...

A note for music fans: Rock band Muse will be joining TMS for a chat at the interval tomorrow...

And source:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/england/9297718.stm

Muse Banned From Australia?They could face legal action after smoking onstage…

10:40, Sunday, 19 December 2010

Muse face legal action in Australia and could be banned from the country for five years after lighting up during a concert in Melbourne.

Bassist Christopher Wolstenholme smoked several cigarettes during the gig at the Ron Laver Arena on 14 December, say reports. He apparently initially tried to hide his actions by only puffing when dry ice fog rolled over the stage, but by the end was smoking freely between songs.

A spokewoman for the venue said Muse were warned before the gig not to light up. “Officials spoke to the band before and after the show and we were extremely disappointed when they decided to flaunt our strict no-smoking policy,” Jo Juler said. “They are known as an anti-establishment style of performance group, but it was still sad that they decided to go ahead regardless.”

Officials were also angry that Matt Bellamy encouraged fans to “mosh out” during the set, a direct violation of the venue’s strict rules. Moshing is banned in the country following the death of a teenage girl during Limp Bizkit’s set at the Big Day Out festival in 2001.

A local gig promoter told The Sun that the band now faced a potential five-year ban: “These guys will never be allowed to perform again in Australia if they try it again. Doesn't matter how hot they are. The law is the law. Promoters won't get insurance for them – simple as that.”

Muse Banned From Australia?They could face legal action after smoking onstage…

10:40, Sunday, 19 December 2010

Muse face legal action in Australia and could be banned from the country for five years after lighting up during a concert in Melbourne.

Bassist Christopher Wolstenholme smoked several cigarettes during the gig at the Ron Laver Arena on 14 December, say reports. He apparently initially tried to hide his actions by only puffing when dry ice fog rolled over the stage, but by the end was smoking freely between songs.

A spokewoman for the venue said Muse were warned before the gig not to light up. “Officials spoke to the band before and after the show and we were extremely disappointed when they decided to flaunt our strict no-smoking policy,” Jo Juler said. “They are known as an anti-establishment style of performance group, but it was still sad that they decided to go ahead regardless.”

Officials were also angry that Matt Bellamy encouraged fans to “mosh out” during the set, a direct violation of the venue’s strict rules. Moshing is banned in the country following the death of a teenage girl during Limp Bizkit’s set at the Big Day Out festival in 2001.

A local gig promoter told The Sun that the band now faced a potential five-year ban: “These guys will never be allowed to perform again in Australia if they try it again. Doesn't matter how hot they are. The law is the law. Promoters won't get insurance for them – simple as that.”

they havent been banned...and they arent going to be...my friend wrote to rod laver and the reply she got was that they havent been banned...and they wont be banned...she has blogged it and its going around .mu, tumblr and FB at the moment :)

FYI, ABC2 will be showing at least part of Muse's set from Glasto this year next Monday night in 'Glastonbury 2010.' :happy: Not sure what time.

I think it's next Tuesday, 10pm on ABC2.

sorry dont have time to read all three pages aahaha, that jjj live stream, are we able to download it or anything? I'm clearly an idiot and forgot to listen on super request, thanks :D

It hasn't even been aired yet! I think they recorded the Sydney 10th gig, since there was a huge JJJ banner up in the Acer foyer, but it wasn't broadcast live. Probably be on LATW sometime soon.

also LONG TIME NO SEE!/speak <3

I think it's next Tuesday, 10pm on ABC2.

It hasn't even been aired yet! I think they recorded the Sydney 10th gig, since there was a huge JJJ banner up in the Acer foyer, but it wasn't broadcast live. Probably be on LATW sometime soon.

also LONG TIME NO SEE!/speak <3

ooooh right so it wasnt live, good as! :D will it be able to download after that do you think? they dont usually... might just record it.

ahahah i knooow i'm hopeless at keeping up with anything lately, but let's not turn this into a banter thread again right? ;)

ooooh right so it wasnt live, good as! :D will it be able to download after that do you think? they dont usually... might just record it.

ahahah i knooow i'm hopeless at keeping up with anything lately, but let's not turn this into a banter thread again right? ;)

Just checked ABC2's guide, defo next Tuesday @ 10pm, wish I had a hard-drive recorder

Oh that's not the gig broadcast that's on then, that's the Muse at Glasto on tv :LOL: Dunno when the gig will be aired, but yeah probably safe to record it just in case. Or I'm sure it'll be available on Muse Live or MuseBootlegs at some point.

Ahah, banter? I don't know what you're talking about :shifty:

Archived