Muse to support U2 in Argentina and Brazil!

KirkBot

e1dd1dae-4b98-4e8d-9a5d-3a441c9b2b1e.jpgWe are very pleased to announce that Muse will be supporting U2 in Argentina and Brazil in Spring 2011. The dates are as follows:

30.03.11: Buenos Aires, Argentina

09.04.11: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Tickets go on general sale on Tuesday 7th December, but we are pleased to confirm that there will be a Muse fan pre-sale prior to this on Monday 6th December. Tickets in the pre-sale will be limited and will be strictly four per customer. More details, including pre-sale link and passwords will be posted here soon.

For more information on the dates, click on the individual tour dates or check out U2's website on the link below.

Source: http://muse.mu/news/article/722/muse-to-support-u2-in-argentina-and-brazil/

Yep, been waiting for this announcement for ages (HUGE U2 fan for many years, as well as Muse so this is a BIG bonus)...just reserved my flight. :D If you'd told me a couple of years ago I'd be getting so much Muse with my U2 (I also saw both NJ shows where Muse opened) I'd have thought you were crazy. :)

Support band NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Solo show please, Muse being a support band is horrible, if they come alone in past, why they can't come now? Why only us don't have the right to see a solo show? I will not pay a lot of money to fight with the fans of U2 to stay in front and to see only a few songs, all of that is disrespectful to the SA musers.

Huh? Really? ... Damn... I wish you guys could play a solo show too... I wanna see you guys, not U2, and... let's say i'm not that wealthy to go see a band i dont actually wanna see right?

I wish Muse could just play the day before life Franz Ferdinand did the first time they came here... Hahahaha i remember that like yesterday xD. But really, i think it'll be better if you did!

There will be at least one, maybe two U2 shows added each in La Plata and Sao Paulo and there's still strong rumors of 1-2 U2 shows in Santiago, Chile and less strong rumors of a Peru show and a Porto Alegre show. So there will be, at minimum, four shows with Muse opening, likely five to six shows and possibly as many 10 shows altogether.

There will be at least one, maybe two U2 shows added each in La Plata and Sao Paulo and there's still strong rumors of 1-2 U2 shows in Santiago, Chile and less strong rumors of a Peru show and a Porto Alegre show. So there will be, at minimum, four shows with Muse opening, likely six shows and possibly as many 10 shows altogether.

Solo shows? I hope this is true...

I'm very happy that they'll come, but it's not the same, we'll get a 8 songs setlist, so it's not the same.

I'm going to see them supporting U2 :D but I really hope they do at least one solo show

It's unlikely that they'll do their own shows, ticket details would have been announced by now given that it's only 4 months away, and I doubt they'd do a one-off gig of their own outside of a tour of the region. The only way I could see them touring South America next year is if they're planning it for September/October.

It's unlikely that they'll do their own shows, ticket details would have been announced by now given that it's only 4 months away, and I doubt they'd do a one-off gig of their own outside of a tour of the region. The only way I could see them touring South America next year is if they're planning it for September/October.

That sometimes doesn't matter. Ticket sales can start even one month before the band arrive to certain countries. I remember that exactly two years ago I was buying my ticket for the Guadalajara gig one month before Muse played there.

And it's perfect timing, they can reach South America right after the Australian dates.

I doubt Muse would come to South America just to do a couple of support shows...

Tbh I expect a couple of side shows to be announced

Ultimately it's costs and logistics, regardless of any demand.

Also they maybe trying to put a close to this tour and wind down, their has to be a line. There is hardly going to be any effort of real commitment to do a few support shows.

Archived