Muse - Red Carpet interview - AMA's

eyduh

Poor Dom! He really needed a pillow and a blanket so bad :stunned:

One thing is being diplomatic, another is to really like someone. So, as far as I'm concerned, this Bieber collaboration should never happen for the sanity of this Universe :mad:

To be fair, writing catchy appealing songs is not easy. Bieber has written those good songs, and done a great job of branding himself. I think he is actually talented. And Matt does too obviously.

The two interviews are not from the red carpet, they're both from press room, after they won </picky>

Thanks for posting, I hadn't seen the CNN one (and it's no surprise, really, seeing as how I wouldn't have ever watched a video that's title indicated that it was Usher talking about Justin Beiber :LOL:)

:LOL: I wonder if Matt's "young friend" is Ava Wolstenholme :chuckle: (Seriously, if Matt is acquanited with anyone older than 13 who listens to Justin Bieber, I am losing all respect for that man :LOL:)

Might be KH's son.

I think it would be Ava or his niece. Bieber doesn't seem to have the same hold over boys, at least in the observations with my kids (ages 9-14 & friends of both genders). Or I'm in a non-Bieber pocket of earth. Either way, I consider myself lucky, as my daughters can't stand him.

On another, less girly note - why was he touching his nose and face alot just then? :erm:

He touches his nose and face quite often in interviews. Not sure whether it's a nervous thing, or a sub-conscious way of putting up a barrier as such with his body language.

What hipbones said. I think it's just a self-conscious/fidgety/ADD thing. Although I :LOL: when Matt semi-flipped off the interviewer asking the Twilight-related question. I can only hope that was intentional. :awesome:

I was thinking about this comment when I wrote my previous post.

Matt: A young fan introduced him to me......his songs are really great

:facepalm:

anyone else eyeing a collaboration? :facepalm:

this could spell disaster

Muse's 6th album tour - "MUse & Justin Bieber Presents: Our World Tour"

I will die if that happens!

Maybe I put it too seriously. :facepalm: Of course I believe that Matt was just being diplomatic. Plus Matt had to say something positive about Bieber, it was like the entire show was about him.

To be fair, writing catchy appealing songs is not easy. Bieber has written those good songs, and done a great job of branding himself. I think he is actually talented. And Matt does too obviously.

Does he write his own songs? I'm sorry, I didn't know it. :stunned: As catchy as a song could be, at least it should have a meaning, a soul, something that moves you. I don't find that in Bieber songs and why he is so popular is beyond my understanding.

Sorry I went totally off-topic with this.:facepalm:

Back on topic, diplo-Matt is diplomatic. Nothing else to say:p

I was thinking about this comment when I wrote my previous post.

Maybe I put it too seriously. :facepalm: Of course I believe that Matt was just being diplomatic. Plus Matt had to say something positive about Bieber, it was like the entire show was about him.

Does he write his own songs? I'm sorry, I didn't know it. :stunned: As catchy as a song could be, at least it should have a meaning, a soul, something that moves you. I don't find that in Bieber songs and why he is so popular is beyond my understanding.

Back on topic, diplo-Matt is diplomatic. Nothing else to say:p

Yeah, I mean, objective it's not like Bieber isn't talented… but not enough so to be as popular as he is judging by the few songs I have heard. I don't really know enough about him to really say anything else. I suppose like Usher says, he's still young, he still has time to grow. At the same time... :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting, I hadn't seen the CNN one (and it's no surprise, really, seeing as how I wouldn't have ever watched a video that's title indicated that it was Usher talking about Justin Beiber :LOL:)

I wouldn't either :chuckle: but in my defence I have to say that I found the CNN video from another site that had Muse mentioned in the description, and a Youtube link that didn't work in my country so I had to find it straight from the CNN site :LOL:

He's 16 years and writes his own songs, what do you expect him to write about?

Since when was music popular because it had soul? Popular music is popular because it's easy to listen to and is catchy.

I just love the thought that when someone doesn't have the same taste, it's "beyond understanding".

Just noticed the only tag in this thread -- "donkey balls"

:LOL:

Wasn't me! :LOL:

I think it would be Ava or his niece. Bieber doesn't seem to have the same hold over boys, at least in the observations with my kids (ages 9-14 & friends of both genders). Or I'm in a non-Bieber pocket of earth. Either way, I consider myself lucky, as my daughters can't stand him.

I was watching this clip with my 7 year old in the room. When they said Justin Bieber, she started booing. :dance: Then she asked if he sings about beavers.

He's 16 years and writes his own songs, what do you expect him to write about?

Since when was music popular because it had soul? Popular music is popular because it's easy to listen to and is catchy.

I just love the thought that when someone doesn't have the same taste, it's "beyond understanding".

I'm sorry again. I shouldn't talk about things I don't know. :$ If people are happy listening to him, let them be.

And yes, I was expressing my musical dislikes when I said that it's "beyond MY understanding". I don't like him and I don't know why others do it. Anyway, it's certainly not the only thing that I don't understand about life so... no big deal ;)

I'm sorry again. I shouldn't talk about things I don't know. :$ If people are happy listening to him, let them be.

And yes, I was expressing my musical dislikes when I said that it's "beyond MY understanding". I don't like him and I don't know why others do it. Anyway, it's certainly not the only thing that I don't understand about life so... no big deal ;)

And my point was, why is it beyond your understanding just because you don't agree? Some people like catchy tunes, there's really not much more to understand.

Chris commented about Ava wanting to marry Justin Beiber. So I think you're right.

Does he write his own songs? He may have a hand in it, but if i recall he's got an army of professional songwriters working with him...

Ha - I just wikipedia'd his discography and the list of song-writers/producers etc is ginormous. He probably came up with the eenie meenie miney mo lyric - getting inspiration from the playground, what is the world coming to?! :LOL:

I would just agree that Matt was being only diplomatic,and Dom was sqeezed by the mic as well. I (maybe naively) balieve that they have their own taste in music and own opinions, but somehow learnt or were told to be polite and not offend anyone. (-> fit ti the majority).

Archived