Zachary Guitars, wow

zooropa1310

i'm slightly confused to where the wiring cavitys are on his ikea guitar... no scratch plate and a clear back... hmmm :shifty: also look at the neck joint.. the body is craked! :wtf:

The wiring is under that little control plate. His wood work is tidy, I'll give him that much.

i'm slightly confused to where the wiring cavitys are on his ikea guitar... no scratch plate and a clear back... hmmm :shifty: also look at the neck joint.. the body is craked! :wtf:

drill a hole from in the neck pocket through the neck pup cavity into the bridge pup cavity, to the control cavity

drill a hole from in the neck pocket through the neck pup cavity into the bridge pup cavity, to the control cavity

yeah but i mean where all the soldering takes place lol

The wiring is under that little control plate. His wood work is tidy, I'll give him that much.

Thats what i mean thanks

I think if it wasn't for the attitude, and he let his work speak for itself as most luthiers do, his work would be brilliant. I personally love the Ikea guitar, it's really unique and well executed. You never know until you play it!

But yeah, attitude aside, I really like his work.

I agree with whoever said he was raped in a sex shop by someone without a condom :LOL: His site is full of sex references, he doesn't use backplates, he's a total prick, his headstock looks like a penis, and, what now? His amp is called the skank, and he's just as douche-y about it:

I don't know how to put this nicely. You got to be a fucking idiot not to buy a SKANK. You will have the best tone you ever had in your life. Even if don't own a Zachary guitar, your current crappy shitbox will sound 100% better and you will be able to actually brag about how good your guitar is, even though you will know its not your guitar but the amazing SKANK.

So the MB-1 is now a crappy shitbox? :LOL:

EDIT: Another quote from his site:

Alex is trying to build a myth around himself as an Uber-luthier whose work is sacrosanct, and I'm sorry but I am not one of those who worship him. What pisses me about him is that he slags off other bettter luthiers in the attmpt to prove that he is the best in the world (ha,ha, in his dreams). Emmanuel Arinze

WHY does he put that on his site???

I can't agree with him being a good builder.

No electronics or trem covers.

Bizarre wiring cavities practically speaking

Atrocious headstock design always meaning the use of string trees

Odd neck joints

No use of any other finish, ever, on his guitars.

Generic look on every single guitar

It's like he learned the bare fundamentals, stripped it down a notch from there and kept going with it.

I think if it wasn't for the attitude, and he let his work speak for itself as most luthiers do, his work would be brilliant. I personally love the Ikea guitar, it's really unique and well executed. You never know until you play it!

But yeah, attitude aside, I really like his work.

Well yes, but by looking at some of them, they seem questionable.

One of his recent ones appears to have a two piece back, but with horribly mismatched wood....and then there was a tele style one with the boutique style 3-piece body.

And of course what the above post listed.

I find this guy a lot more interesting when it comes to designs and whatnot. Either he really knows what he's doing, or he's crazy...

I say that because his guitars cost 40 grand.

http://www.auerswald-instruments.com/

He also designed the londaxe.

Well yes, but by looking at some of them, they seem questionable.

One of his recent ones appears to have a two piece back, but with horribly mismatched wood....and then there was a tele style one with the boutique style 3-piece body.

And of course what the above post listed.

I find this guy a lot more interesting when it comes to designs and whatnot. Either he really knows what he's doing, or he's crazy...

I say that because his guitars cost 40 grand.

http://www.auerswald-instruments.com/

He also designed the londaxe.

Adam's popmart bass!! AND Princess guitar. how cool!

I think we would have to play one of Zachary's guitar to really tell. Either he is full of shit and delusional, or he is onto something.

This guy's fixation on sex baffles me. Also, his writing style and the need to point out his own cleverness ("Oh-ho-ho, you see that pun there? Not only is it unbelievably witty, but I ACTUALLY INTENDED IT! Can you believe that?! Let's just take a moment to admire my work.") make me want to amputate various limbs of his.

onto something in what way?

There is no doubt that he is passionate about what he does, and that passion and obsessiveness (most likely) leads him to build to the best of his ability, try something new, and quite possibly make extremely high quality guitars. None of us know how these guitars sound or feel. They may as well be "the best guitars in the world." I'm not saying they are, or they aren't. But we don't know.

Setting aside his attitude and narcissism, he has some great builds on there. I feel like I'm the only one here that thinks that :LOL:

James: One of his recent ones appears to have a two piece back, but with horribly mismatched wood....and then there was a tele style one with the boutique style 3-piece body.

It looks different, but it may sound great! I think there is a certain appeal to his style of building, definitely not for everyone, but I can appreciate it.

No electronics or trem covers.

Bizarre wiring cavities practically speaking

Atrocious headstock design always meaning the use of string trees

Odd neck joints

No use of any other finish, ever, on his guitars.

He has a few different finishes, there's a few stain models. But I prefer natural wood and oil finishes as opposed to, as he puts it, "plastic finishes."

We know what is standard in a guitar, and he just does it differently. No saying it is better or worse, just different. Looking at his work, he has the ability to make covers (as seen on most of his other guitars), he just chooses not to on others.

I'm not trying to kiss his ass or say he is the best, just that I think he adds an interesting and passionate take on the guitar. Like I said, he does some great work. Just his attitude kinda kills it.

the thing is though, the things he does that are 'new' or 'innovative', or things that other builders dont do, arent done for good reason. if you dont put covers over the electronics, they will get covered in dust and get scratchy and worn well before their time. his 'innovative' headstock that pisses on everything else thats ever been done has been done before.

unlike him, just because i dont agree with him doesnt mean i think hes crap. i can appreciate the tidy work - i dont like his designs, but i can see the woodwork is all good and everything. but it seems to me like he does things differently just because other people dont do them. he never seems to know why something is 'better' his way, in a lot of cases probably because it isnt. its just not what other people, and in particular prs, do.

theres nothing in his guitars that you cant see on places like project guitar from any number of people, in some cases done better.

There is no doubt that he is passionate about what he does, and that passion and obsessiveness (most likely) leads him to build to the best of his ability, try something new, and quite possibly make extremely high quality guitars. None of us know how these guitars sound or feel. They may as well be "the best guitars in the world." I'm not saying they are, or they aren't. But we don't know.

Nope, they're not.

If you have to resort to those tactics then they aren't the best. A product speaks for itself.

He has a few different finishes, there's a few stain models. But I prefer natural wood and oil finishes as opposed to, as he puts it, "plastic finishes.

I feel he says that out of sheer laziness rather than a real spite of paint. The fact he won't colour stain them either makes mehink that he really doesn't bother with finishes at all.

I'm not saying that they would be awful to play, some might be good, but when you look at the bigger picture and the arguments he puts forth, it really doesn't seem worth it. You can buy a fender, no questions asked and be very content with it.

That said, agree with the above post, his woodwork does look fairly tidy but his reasoning behind doing things "his way" are unjustified.

I don't know about that:

Finishes: I don't pull a condom over my guitars in the form of thick plastic finish. Thick plastic finishes are done for one purpose and that is to give a dramatic glassy covering to the figured wood underneath. Thick plastic finishes do not allow the player to ever feel the sentuous wood of their guitars and these awful coverings keep the sound of the guitar in, instead of letting it out. Its very much like having sex with a condom. I have never tried this but they tell me its nothing like the real experience.

tbh I don't love those thick poly finishes either, but a good nitro finish which will wear over time is :awesome:

Didn't I see one of his guitars with EMGs in it? the finish just became irrelevant...

Archived