Seeing fan reactions to deep cuts a few months later makes me think we don't deserve them really.

Seeing fan reactions to deep cuts a few months later makes me think we don't deserve them really.

When you’ve seen people say Showbiz (6x in 19 gigs after 11 years), Fury (13x in 10 years) and Futurism (6x literally ever) are overplayed

tbh, 700% yes

Ty7AHJO.png

Looking back at La Cigale. Imagine having to convince your pre-Zepp (and post-Resistance) self that this would be the ending of a Muse concert some day.

Pre-Zepp?

Lmao try convincing me the final versions of Futurism, Glorious, Eternally Missed or Easily would literally ever be played. Or that Muse would do a actual, proper, fully legit by-request show full of hardcores at the venue I most wanted to go to. Shit, try telling me Muse would start playing clubs occasionally, regardless of rarities. The idea of the Psycho Tour alone blew my mind at the time.

The maddest thing we’d seen up ‘til that point was an album anniversary gig (which, granted, was for their best record and fucking great), or 1 minute of Host coming back for a few gigs.

Are you saying that because of the ‘04 performance? ‘Cos they’ve played there since then.

Edit:

Also I was gonna say “boys we live in a time where we can say we wouldn’t be surprised to see Showbiz, how did we get here” but then I saw the ‘overplayed’ part and honestly wtf

I know they went to Rock am Ring in 2010 as well. It was just wishful thinking to hope for a return of those songs. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't TSP the only song sound-checked for the Drones tour that didn't actually get played in the end?

As for the Showbiz part, that's just how I feel about it. 6 times in the past year is a lot for a rarity, then you look at something like Blackout which was only played once in 2016. I get that I'm new to the forum and all and perhaps I'm talking a load of garbage, in fact I probably am.

Blackout was indeed only played once in 2016...but almost 20 times in 2013. 6 times in 11 years really isn’t that much considering how much Muse tour. But yes, there are other songs that are even more rare.

Blackout was indeed only played once in 2016...but almost 20 times in 2013. 6 times in 11 years really isn’t that much considering how much Muse tour. But yes, there are other songs that are even more rare.

Ah right, forgive me. I was unaware Showbiz had not been played for THAT long. I had assumed it was only 5-6 years for some reason.

I would still rather hear Blackout at least once this year over Showbiz however.

I would still rather hear Blackout at least once this year over Showbiz however.

what the fuck

TRNSMT 2019

Thought Contagion

{Drill Sergeant}

Psycho

Map of the Problematique

Plug in Baby

The 2nd Law: Isolated System

Dig Down

Showbiz

Supermassive Black Hole

Stockholm Syndrome

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable

Starlight

Time Running Out

Mercy

Bliss

Take a Bow

Uprising

Knights of Cydonia

2019 stadium format, leaving it 4 songs shorter to add the new album songs in wherever they would fit (19 to 23 - but with IS & Uns included in the song count)

**new intro**

1. Thought Contagion

{Drill Sergeant}

2. Psycho

3. Interlude + Hysteria / Map of the Problematique

4. Plug in Baby

5. Assassin / Dead Star

6. The 2nd Law: Isolated System

7. Dig Down

8. Showbiz / Bliss

9. Supermassive Black Hole

10. Stockholm Syndrome

11. The 2nd Law: Unsustainable

12. Citizen Erased / Butterflies & Hurricanes

13. Madness / Resistance

14. Starlight

15. Time is Running Out

16. Mercy

17. Take a Bow

18. Uprising

19. Knights of Cydonia

Yea I like Blackout. I'm not afraid to admit it.

Blackout is a good song but until Matt picks the guitar back up for it, I'm not so arsed about it returning.

I'm more into Matt's crazy expensive jackets now than the gigs.

They are very nice jackets tbf. Although I prefer last year's blue one.

Feelin that next By Request gig next month with Rock In Rio being their last scheduled gig, teasing for the next video starting and Matt saying it should be out in July :ninja:

Feelin that next By Request gig next month with Rock In Rio being their last scheduled gig, teasing for the next video starting and Matt saying it should be out in July :ninja:

I seriously hope they do announce a By Request show. I mean if you really think about it, La Cigale has been really the only 'pwoper' Muse concert. Everything else this year has just been festivals.

Well its not out of the realms of possibility.

It would make sense for them to do a "by demand" concert, and it wouldn't hurt to involve the fanbase in the band's life regularily!

I think Matt said that next year will be another proper tour as their new album is getting released this November. There could be a few festivals still, but they will have their own official ones mostly and there will be a lot more too.

I wouldn't get too excited for a By Request show soon however, as Chris has only just had his operation and is now in recovery. He will be for the next few months.

I think Matt said that next year will be another proper tour as their new album is getting released this November. There could be a few festivals still, but they will have their own official ones mostly and there will be a lot more too.

I wouldn't get too excited for a By Request show soon however, as Chris has only just had his operation and is now in recovery. He will be for the next few months.

I did see Matt respond to an Instagram comment suggesting they should do Rock in Rio in Rio next year with "Good idea", which makes me think they might do the odd one or two.

But I would imagine that if they're talking about having full concepts for the new album tour that they're going to be doing their own gigs as a priority. In saying that, we're probably not going to be hearing a great deal until we know about the new LP, plus ofc Chris' recovery means they'll be off the road for the bulk of what's left of 2018 anyway.

Rock in Rio again next year? That would be interesting to see. I always thought they put around 3 -6 years in between attending festivals or for some even longer.

The way it's looking for the rest of this year is "Something Human" coming out this month, another single (guessing it's either "Algorithm" or "Dark Side") coming out in the Autumn, before the full album finally drops in November.

if i remember well he was answering a brazilian fan about coming to "rock in rio in actual rio" so in Brazil. And he said at the end of the gig see you next year portugal refering to their next tour with the new album