It's a sad indictment that yet again, as they have on every tour since BH&R, they've ditched the best songs from their most recent album - Dead Inside, Reapers and The Handler look buried to me.

Down to 15 actual songs again. Ergh.

The Handler and Dead Inside started being rotated since last year but I defo wouldn’t call them buried yet.

Reapers is a real shame though, especially since Tom’s tweet way back when made it seem like they grew kinda petulant about it to me. Like “whether you like it or not, react how we want or it gets dropped”.

Matt sounds better when he gets plenty of rest between gigs. Not that strange.

Matt sounds better when he gets plenty of rest between gigs. Not that strange.

Yeah but there's no doubt his voice has declined. His resistance (sorry) towards vocal coaching and cardio exercise definitely means it's not as good as it could have been. He got a bit shit towards the end of TR tour but then he had vocal coaching before T2L and that was definitely his peak.

Get that bitch running.

Also I think we just have to accept that 15-17 songs (18 at max) is how it is now, with Matt talking about how he ‘needs’ these vocal rests. I can’t see them going 20 or over again, unless he suddenly finds the motivation for cardio. Maybe for a stadium show? But even then, 20/21 at the absolute max (and I’d be more confident on 18/19).

Edited by Jobby

Also I think we just have to accept that 15-17 songs (18 at max) is how it is now, with Matt talking about how he ‘needs’ these vocal rests. I can’t see them going 20 or over again, unless he suddenly finds the motivation for cardio. Maybe for a stadium show? But even then, 20/21 at the absolute max.

This. And just read back my previous post and realised how pointing-out-the-obvious it is. Fuck sake. :rolleyes:

This. And just read back my previous post and realised how pointing-out-the-obvious it is. Fuck sake. :rolleyes:

:LOL: It's okay, I'm just a bit grumpy because I've got a deadline at midnight.

I have to say that Dig Down works incredibly well when it's placed like that between IS and Showbiz.

Also, Matt playing over IS coda with the sustainer on gives me quite the goosebumps.

EDIT: Oh, blast it: I'll confess it makes me want to experience DD live as a new song, more than TC even.

EDIT2: Also, I feel Mercy will probably disappear from setlists in the future. It certainly isn't a hit like Starlight, even if I quite like it.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

I think maybe Mercy should be replaced with the sole song from Drones that hasn't been performed live yet - Aftermath. Even it's just for a few concerts, it'd be nice for:

A - some variety from Drones.

B - A song that hasn't been performed thus far.

I think maybe Mercy should be replaced with the sole song from Drones that hasn't been performed live yet - Aftermath. Even it's just for a few concerts, it'd be nice for:

But it’s really bad so A and B become kinda irrelevant

But it’s really bad so A and B become kinda irrelevant

I don't think Aftermath is bad per se, but it's something I wouldn't look for during a gig.

If anything, they should try to give Defector another go (I was at one of the few times it was performed live, and it was rad).

:eek::eek::eek:

PiB would work great as a main set closer imo (quite a few examples in 2004 I think?), and I’m sure it could do a good job as closer (I’d rather that than KoC), but SS, Bliss and TAB are their 3 best closers for me by a long stretch. Or Showbiz (but that has even less chance of being a closer than the others)

PiB would work great as a main set closer imo (quite a few examples in 2004 I think?), and I’m sure it could do a good job as closer (I’d rather that than KoC), but SS, Bliss and TAB are their 3 best closers for me by a long stretch. Or Showbiz (but that has even less chance of being a closer than the others)

Ugh this guy gets it so much

I personally really like Aftermath, even if others don't. What I don't like is having Mercy always being played in that slot. Another rotation slot being placed there would suffice. Especially since it appears the average setlist is going to be the same as the Amphitheatre tour from last year.

The big one for me is Uprising in the encore, I've found it dull in that spot for years now. It'd work much better as the 2nd or 3rd song in the set IMO.

The big one for me is Uprising in the encore, I've found it dull in that spot for years now. It'd work much better as the 2nd or 3rd song in the set IMO.

I agree.

I also think they should scatter the "poppier" and mellower songs throughout their sets more instead of cramming them into a single run after playing most of the major bangers in the first part of a gig.

I remember a while back Matt talked about the idea of doing some sort of augmented reality thing for a tour... turns out U2 seem to have the same concept: http://www.u2.com/news/title/augment-your-reality/news/

Although I did like NME's pithy response in an article talking about this by saying they tried it and it crashed the phone they tried it on.

I'm seeing U2 in October and heard about this, apparently it's going to be used in a video before the opening song. Someone on a U2 forum I visit mentioned that it drained a fully charged phone down to 60% in the space of two minutes. Taking pictures at gigs is all good of course, but I'm up for this at a Muse arena gig if it takes out everyone's phones and makes for a more enthusiastic GA crowd. :LOL:

Clunge: I had no idea Muse closed with Showbiz in 2006 :eek:

Someone on a U2 forum I visit mentioned that it drained a fully charged phone down to 60% in the space of two minutes.

Could be a stroke of genius to deplete all the phone batteries in the crowd within the first song so twats will no longer be glued to them for the rest of the gig