Yup, it's an American TV network that mainly focuses on teen/young adult demographic. I work in master control for a local affiliate yeah (technically CBS, but CW is one of our secondary channels) - certainly didn't expect to see Muse perform this morning when sales asked me to record on the programming presentation hah.

Going to the show in Tampa (Sunday night) going to try my absolute hardest not to peek at the previous nights setlist and just go into it not knowing what they'll play, because Itll be easier to except in case it's a complete singles fest

Were people expecting surprises? 'Specially at a conference show.

All I was looking for going into this year's gigs were whatever new songs they bring out. Other than that, most of the gigs are just catch-up shows of places in the US they missed on the Drones tour so it's probs not gonna stray too far from what we saw in the arenas.

I don't understand the point to play new kind of kick if matt is not on stage and if his voice is in playback.

->

That's kinda cringy. I hope they drop this gimmick for the rest of the US tour, I'd be pissed if I paid for a ticket and got this moment :LOL:

I don't understand the point to play new kind of kick if matt is not on stage and if his voice is in playback.

->

Jesus fucking Christ, that's gotta be a new low for Matt's laziness. Dude can't even get through 11 songs without 4 or 5 filler sections.

Guess it wouldn't be a Muse gig/tour without some shiny, brand new baffling decisions.

That's kinda cringy. I hope they drop this gimmick for the rest of the US tour, I'd be pissed if I paid for a ticket and got this moment :LOL:

I've got a bad feeling that's just gonna be another new 'jam'/filler moment.

I'd start to wonder if there's something seriously wrong with him that's keeping him from being able to perform properly, but that's being way too charitable.

From all appearances he's just starting to look at touring as a boring cash grab.

Either way, if you can't bring yourself to fake enjoying being an entertainer, and 30 minutes plus of your gigs is filler that the frontman isn't even involved with... it might be time to consider packing it in.

Or just play an hour gig and do a good job, instead of wasting everyone's time on your bullshit.

The "release the songs and then the album over a year later" is also sort of pathetic. Get everyone to buy every song individually for a year and a half and then throw them out on an album, maybe with a couple other songs, and expect them to buy that, too? Why?

What really worries me is how this is gonna affect the touring as well.

By the looks of it, they're gonna be touring the US this year, Europe next year, then they're putting the album out which you'd have to assume means another year or two of touring on top of all that (right?). I mean, touring for Drones lasted two years total and they already looked crazy bored and apathetic for big chunks of that by the time they got halfway through.

It's not even like there'll be 5 or 6 new songs to see at gigs to compensate for the likely static sets either (which look to just be a continuation of Drones' structure anyway), it'll just be 1 every few months for over a year.

Just sealed my trip to Belfast with plane and hotel reservations yesterday as well :(

I won't if it does pan out like that but it'd still make me kinda sad, y'know?

Like, obvs I want the gigs to be decent so I can go see them but, even if I can't, it's still good to see them playing well and enjoying it. It felt shitty watching how badly they petered out at times for Drones so it'd be real shit to see that potentially stretch out over an even bigger period of time.