I could go for like a year or two where they just release a few songs every now and then, and get back to touring after a long break. I think they need it, and the audience needs it as well.

(No offense to those who haven't been able to see Muse)

I hope they take a bit of a longer break than usual and Matt can rest up for a good while, he's obviously still very good live but it's been a shame seeing him have more frequent 'rough' moments this tour, even if he is hitting that point of gradual vocal decline.

The setlist length is the main worry for me regarding the next tour cycle, I hope they return to the T2L arena era in terms of length next time they play, that should be the bare minimum really. I think I'd only really want to see them next year (if they did the odd date) if it was something along the lines of R+L, Download, the Psycho tour etc. For all the issues on this tour cycle there were definitely moments of brilliance.

Conversely to what some may think, I hope the fact they're probably going to release songs in a more sparse way - and not necessarily in the form of LPs - might help them to elaborate their music in a different fashion outside of the "making-Top40-hits" mindset.

They could create longer and more complex compositions they would issue by themselves, like suites or more experimental stuff, alternating them with more conventional ones.

Just trying to be a little optimistic here. I think we all need it, sometimes...

Conversely to what some may think, I hope the fact they're probably going to release songs in a more sparse way - and not necessarily in the form of LPs - might help them to elaborate their music in a different fashion outside of the "making-Top40-hits" mindset.

They could create longer and more complex compositions they would issue by themselves, like suites or more experimental stuff, alternating them with more conventional ones.

Just trying to be a little optimistic here. I think we all need it, sometimes...

Doesn't make sense to me. I mean, releasing individual songs means every song will basically be in the spotlight. The thing about albums is that it allows some tracks to be a bit in the background, and those are the songs that some fans love the most. Songs like Micro Cuts, HTAILY and City of Delusion would probably never have been released individually. It's making an entire album that allows for more elaboration. I mean, that's kind of what the word means. You can't elaborate if you're only making one song.

Nothing of what you're saying is going to happen. :)

They've been saying the same stuff for years and years, "the album format is dead", "we're gonna release music in unconventional ways" etc.

Doesn't make sense to me. I mean, releasing individual songs means every song will basically be in the spotlight. The thing about albums is that it allows some tracks to be a bit in the background, and those are the songs that some fans love the most. Songs like Micro Cuts, HTAILY and City of Delusion would probably never have been released individually. It's making an entire album that allows for more elaboration. I mean, that's kind of what the word means. You can't elaborate if you're only making one song.

I was thinking of multiple, short EPs released along the way containing the correspondant types of composition, rather than single songs scattered here and there as lonesome singles.

I was thinking of multiple, short EPs released along the way containing the correspondant types of composition, rather than single songs scattered here and there as lonesome singles.

Possibly. But honestly I still doubt Muse will go for anything other than an album.

I think that next tour as long as they don't have another Globalist, we'll get 19 songs standard again.

I still think we should've gotten 19 standard with The Globalist counting as 1, because Citizen Erased don't count as two.

But The Globalist is 3 minutes longer than CE?

I wouldn't count the three minutes the band are off in the bathroom as part of the set to be honest...

I saw them before The Globalist came into the set at the start of the tour and got 16 songs not including the mid-set jam. £80+ per ticket too.

Edited by Bs

Does anyone think we'll see a 2017 European stadium tour?

Highly unlikely. The Drone Cow is almost milked. Time to go to the studio and bring another ace album.

Of the last 4 albums i really liked 3 of them, and even T2L wasn't that bad, so i have high expectation for the next LP.

anyone know when new dates will be announced? been waiting over a year in the hopes Australian dates would be announced but with no luck :(

The Drones World Tour is finished, so the 360 stage is not coming. Maybe a one off show or festival at the end of this year or next year, but I doubt it honestly... :(

Edited by Robinho

• 1 month later...