He's actually been pretty reliable about that sort of thing? It just sometimes takes a few years before it happens...

He only seems to really bs about gigs in the US. I do have faith that French gig with either happen, or he was being snarky about the 'small/intimate' part, and doesn't realize his humor doesn't come across.

Yeah I guess. Just that the 20th anniversary gigs never materialised, although some may argue that the psycho tour was those concerts, albeit the following year

Yeah I guess. Just that the 20th anniversary gigs never materialised, although some may argue that the psycho tour was those concerts, albeit the following year

There's absolutely no reason to believe that they weren't planning those for a year, is there? I think it's splitting hairs considering it was originally something Matt blurted out, and then it materialized, albeit after a while. Like saying "well, they didn't CALL it an anniversary tour, so it doesn't count... even if it was exactly the same thing."

And they played a pretty cool mix of old songs and deep tracks spanning their career (much, much moreso in the UK.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!!

I have read this forum for the last few years but it is the first time I write here :D

Do you think it's possible that Muse may add a few more dates to the tour? Possibly in Japan. Try to understand me, I am Italian but currently living in Japan and I'm so sad I couldn't go to the Milan concerts that looked incredibly good :(

Hi guys!!

I have read this forum for the last few years but it is the first time I write here :D

Do you think it's possible that Muse may add a few more dates to the tour? Possibly in Japan. Try to understand me, I am Italian but currently living in Japan and I'm so sad I couldn't go to the Milan concerts that looked incredibly good :(

They should be in Asia September or October, as they have told fans they will be there followed by Australia later in the year. Japan should be among the next dates announced.

Read an article this morning saying the gig's specifically for the Euros fanzone(?), so I'm edging towards not going now. That and the relatively cheap price really makes me think it'll be a 15-song pop set.

The "pop" setlist might probably turn out to be as such in the end, but about the ticket price being cheap, even relatively, well, it depends on the point of view.

They should be in Asia September or October, as they have told fans they will be there followed by Australia later in the year. Japan should be among the next dates announced.

That would be super great! I am still hoping and checking the website everyday XD I hope Australia dates will be announced soon too!

Thank you Musekiddo and also Forevermusic :D

• 2 months later...

I have been hearing a lot of talk from people that Muse might do some more shows in the U.S. like maybe some areas they missed on the first round. And the first time they toured during the winter and Holidays and it wasn't exactly peaches and cream so it would make sense. And they only did like 15 U.S. shows the first round. So it would make sense.

I have several radio friends and also roadie friends that are actually in the union (yes there is a union for roadies that work concerts) because these guys work at various shows like temp workers. One night they might work for Muse and the next day they will work for a country artist. Also venues have their own people and that is where the chatter is coming from. But I am suspecting it might be very last minute. It could also happen in Oct and Nov right before the holidays considering Matt and the guys now have places in Los Angeles.

I think they will play at reading next year. It has been 6 years (in 2017) yet since their last performance here.

They will have a very quiet year i think as in 2011 (10 - 20 gigs) , with maybe one or two festival in USA.

I don't understand why they are not going to Australia an Japan make gigs with the actual stage that is not that big.

Edited by titoufou17

I think they will play at reading next year. It has been 6 years (in 2017) yet since their last performance here.

They will have a very quiet year i think as in 2011 (10 - 20 gigs) , with maybe one or two festival in USA.

I don't understand why they are not going to Australia an Japan make gigs with the actual stage that is not that big.

They played Glastonbury in 2010 and played R+L the year after

Hopefully history repeats itself Glastonbury 2016, Reading/Leeds 2017

Please please

I honestly thought they might be going away to write new music after the tour finishes in August.

Well... maybe they could do that then launch it at next year's Reading and Leeds Festivals. IMO I don't see a Reading and Leeds appearance happening atm, but then I initially thought R&L 2011 wouldn't happen either, so... pfft.

Their 'inbetween' years (after the main tour's finished and before starting a new album) tend to be when they let loose with sets and most of the cool shit happens so I'd be kinda disappointed if they didn't do anything at all, though my wallet would probs cry tears of joy.

I'm all up for staying in this era and potentially getting some looser gigs next year while stuff like Psycho, The Handler, Dead Inside, Reapers and even Mercy are still in the picture.

I'm a little worried going into the next album/era tbh, considering the talks of maybe being more single-orientated with releases combined with Matt's seemingly increasing focus towards the casual crowd. Plus, as much as I love quite a bit of their pop/electronic stuff on record, it tends to be pretty hit-and-miss live to say the least.

The 2nd Law was a lot of pop stuff but the tour was well regarded, and it came out of The Resistance Tour which also left people cynical in their predictions.

Bellamy is also leaving this era with more directly read complaints than probably ever.