Did they say no after the US tour, or during? Out of curiosity. I think a US festival at this stage would be simply atrocious, setlist-wise, tbh.

They said no according to the fan that met them down in Mexico, but after the DC comment about coming back in 2017, who knows what they're up to. I'll make sure someone asks during the European tour.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
New date added - German festival in late August, day after Lowlands.

We reckon that it for Euro festivals or... ?

Im hoping they play Glasgow Summer Sessions at the end of August. I know they just played two gigs at the Glasgow Hydro but Noel Gallagher is doing a gig there this week and has been confirmed to play Summer Sessions as well

Still thinking there's a possibility of Newmarket, there's one gig this summer yet to be announced is on 5/8, one day before Iceland (no idea if that is logistically possible). Just seems odd as newmarket was in the code for the Drones treasure hunt and they hold a series of gigs there every summer.

Still thinking there's a possibility of Newmarket, there's one gig this summer yet to be announced is on 5/8, one day before Iceland (no idea if that is logistically possible). Just seems odd as newmarket was in the code for the Drones treasure hunt and they hold a series of gigs there every summer.

As in the racecourse? Not too far from my hometown and isn't Bellamy's family from Cambridgeshire?

I'm sure easyjet or ryanair do cheap flights from Stansted!

Edited by Mozza

• 3 weeks later...

When Matt said they'd come back and do an intimate date in Paris, this wasn't quite what I had in mind. :chuckle:

Maybe I was right to speculate it'd be in the Euro 2016 fanzone. That sounds like it'll be cool, not least if they get to do fireworks off the Tower for Knights of Cydonia.

gaaaaaah I hate weird gigs like this 'cause you never know whether it's worth going or not

Any word on price? I couldn't see owt.

Is not expensive...

Considering is such a massive event, a greatest hits setlist is expected, but then, is France, so maybe something unexpected can pop up.

The facebook post I saw says 55 euros, with some sort of golden section for 70 euros.

Cheers, guess just over £40 isn't too bad.

Is not expensive...

Considering is such a massive event, a greatest hits setlist is expected, but then, is France, so maybe something unexpected can pop up.

I'm mainly worried that Matt'll decide to get Showbiz out of the way at this gig instead of coming back a third time just to do it at a small gig. 8 gigs in the same city within the space of a year or so would seem a bit extreme. Small chance considering it's a massive crowd but once my paranoia gets going... :chuckle:

If I was just paying for the gig I'd probs do it without question but, with travel and whatnot, it'll run me just over £100 in total so it's a bit of a blowout if it turns out to be a guff set.

I'm mainly worried that Matt'll decide to get Showbiz out of the way at this gig instead of coming back a third time just to do it at a small gig. 8 gigs in the same city within the space of a year or so would seem a bit extreme. Small chance considering it's a massive crowd but once my paranoia gets going... :chuckle:

If I was just paying for the gig I'd probs do it without question but, with travel and whatnot, it'll run me just over £100 in total so it's a bit of a blowout if it turns out to be a guff set.

Thinking the same tbh. I'm not really expecting anything more than what Top Of The Mountain got.

Daily dose of pointless and baseless hype: 28th of June is the exact anniversary of Black Holes' initial release.

...yeah, I'm not expecting anything to come out of that either, don't worry :chuckle:

but what if

Thinking the same tbh. I'm not really expecting anything more than what Top Of The Mountain got.

Tempted to go just as a kind of treat after all the stress of another year at uni. If a couple of days in Paris and a set like Ischgl is the worst case scenario, I guess that wouldn't be much to moan about.

There is a slight sense of shame that's starting to creep up from how much I keep getting roped into going to see them again though :$

mhmmm… maybe I'll go to the UEFA EURO Match at St. Denis the day before the gig…. and then go to the gig itself.

Daily dose of pointless and baseless hype: 28th of June is the exact anniversary of Black Holes' initial release.

...yeah, I'm not expecting anything to come out of that either, don't worry :chuckle:

but what if

Lawdy lawdy the potential

Still don't understand why they went full out with the production, seems kind of pointless. Eight gigs in the same city is unreal. Should've done two gigs in the main three cities at least and then maybe a couple more in Paris as it is the capital (including private/intimate shows such as this)?

Read an article this morning saying the gig's specifically for the Euros fanzone(?), so I'm edging towards not going now. That and the relatively cheap price really makes me think it'll be a 15-song pop set.

Where are people getting eight from? The six Bercy gigs, this, and what else?

Not sure about anyone else but I meant that the small gig that Matt said they'd come back and do at some point in the future would be the 8th, which seems a bit mad for one city to me. That's assuming they even got round to it on this album cycle obvs.

Speaking of, I wonder if they'll actually squeeze that club gig in sometime during the 3 day gap between Glasto and the Eiffel Tower gig to save going back to Paris at a separate time. Hadn't thought about that, they don't usually give too much notice with these things so I guess it's not out of the question.

Speaking of, I wonder if they'll actually squeeze that club gig in sometime during the 3 day gap between Glasto and the Eiffel Tower gig to save going back to Paris at a separate time. Hadn't thought about that, they don't usually give too much notice with these things so I guess it's not out of the question.

Hmmmm... maybe.

He's actually been pretty reliable about that sort of thing? It just sometimes takes a few years before it happens...

He only seems to really bs about gigs in the US. I do have faith that French gig with either happen, or he was being snarky about the 'small/intimate' part, and doesn't realize his humor doesn't come across.