I'm punching myself for not seeing them this summer in Europe. But then I remember it's festivals and so it's not all bad.

I have a terrible history of missing Muse because of work and other stupidity.

2004, had tickets to see them in a small club, but the ticket holder decided to take someone else. I got tickets to see them in a different city, but the same friend called off on work, and I had to go in.

2006, I take a promotion at work, and my boss threatens to fire me if I go see Muse play at a local theater, even though I'd asked for the day off months in advance.

2015, work threatens to fire me, again, if I go to NYC for a weekend, so I decide to try for Mayan tickets, instead.

So, if my luck holds, they'll play during Nov/Dec and then it's back to hoping they have one more album in them.

2nd night had no map and SS, BUT had Feeling Good, and a boring NB. Not sure how much better night 2 was just because of Dead Star being present.

You forgot Animals, Plug in Baby, and the revival of Dracula Mountain... never mind not having to sit through Explorers, Resistance, and Monty Jam.

Even just going on quantity of songs from each album, the imbalance is still not good. No songs from Origin on first night and 3 on second night? 4 songs from TR compared to 2?

Edited by Samz2

2004, had tickets to see them in a small club, but the ticket holder decided to take someone else. I got tickets to see them in a different city, but the same friend called off on work, and I had to go in.

2006, I take a promotion at work, and my boss threatens to fire me if I go see Muse play at a local theater, even though I'd asked for the day off months in advance.

2015, work threatens to fire me, again, if I go to NYC for a weekend, so I decide to try for Mayan tickets, instead.

So, if my luck holds, they'll play during Nov/Dec and then it's back to hoping they have one more album in them.

Fucking hell, that's horrible.

Yeah, every single one of them was handled in a really ott, traumatic way by the people involved, too.

Like, one minute I'm in the car getting ready to drive out, and the next I get a SHREIKING phone call telling me if I don't get my ass in to work "my ass is grass," (on my day off.) Seriously, the only other person I've heard say that out loud except for my old dad.

I felt like this small club tour was such a blessing, and then the Mayan pre-sale happened.

On the bright side, the night of the Mayan was when my kidney ballooned up, and I probably would have been in some unfamiliar hospital in California instead of seeing Muse. :chuckle:

I'm going to see them in Mexico in November, I've decided today.

That said holy fuck, seeing Muse in a small club would be jizz worthy and I'd never be able live with myself if I wasn't able to attend one in my city.

Yeah, every single one of them was handled in a really ott, traumatic way by the people involved, too.

Like, one minute I'm in the car getting ready to drive out, and the next I get a SHREIKING phone call telling me if I don't get my ass in to work "my ass is grass," (on my day off.) Seriously, the only other person I've heard say that out loud except for my old dad.

I felt like this small club tour was such a blessing, and then the Mayan pre-sale happened.

On the bright side, the night of the Mayan was when my kidney ballooned up, and I probably would have been in some unfamiliar hospital in California instead of seeing Muse. :chuckle:

Goddammit that's awful. It's not your problem they can't find anyone else.

I've only seen Muse twice so far- luckily once was on a weekend (I'm a monday to friday man) and the other was when I was on holiday in Europe.

If they come here in Nov/Dec, I'm gonna make sure I get the two dates I decide to do off. I do the same thing for Iron Maiden.

It's more that they refuse to hire enough people, and one person at my level was always required to be there for each shift - so when one person called off, the other person was forced to go in.

I'm hourly (and still hourly) but am treated basically like I'm "on call" oftentimes.

I got a call two weeks ago, when I was in the hospital, and told I NEEDED to leave and come to work. Had to file for government protection.

Halloween to xmas is a full black out period, where I could be required to drop everything and be in work or risk my job.

I wouldn't bother buying tickets or trying to travel.

I've always really wanted to visit the UK, but why the hell are the flights like $3000?!? Cripes...

And I'm too much of a coward to go somewhere like Mexico.

I've always really wanted to visit the UK, but why the hell are the flights like $3000?!?.

not really. I booked my current trip a week before (5 flights London - LA - SF - Chicago - NYC - London) and the whole thing was around £640. AA and Delta always have good deals.

I have a feeling that Psycho and Reapers will lead on to be rarities, whilst Dead Inside and Mercy become the new Starlight and SMBH.
Psycho won't leave the setlist for years. Dead Inside will probably be rotated with Madness after the next album is released unless it somehow gets a lot of attention after Drones is released. No idea about Mercy,

Nice? Was there a date or just the city name? I assume that'll be a small club show with little notice.

June 30th, intimate gig.

This was confirmed a while back because Swedish radio have been running a competition for it. Not sure why this is only news now.

June 30th, intimate gig.

This was confirmed a while back because Swedish radio have been running a competition for it. Not sure why this is only news now.

Absolute Radio said they're announcing a special gig competition on Tuesday earlier on, could it be the same thing? Maybe like one or two radio stations in every EU country gets a pair of tickets or something