Bastille were genuinely the most boring, dull band I've ever seen

Clearly you weren't at the Barcelona gig. L.A. were... alright I guess, nothing to sneeze at but nobody I'd pay to see either, but You Don't Know Me were fucking terrible. Some Spanish Coldplay clone. I have never seen a crowd look more bored in my life, and this was in fucking Spain.

Though I'll agree Bastille are boring and dull as fuck. There are things Id do, awful, inhuman things, to be able to unhear that autotuned chant or "IF YOU KLLEEEWWSSEEE YER EEEEYYYESSS".

I was thinking though' date=' there's an awful lot of dead space between their Mexico and South American gigs... maybe they could try to work the NA arena gigs into that time space.[/quote']

Mexico IS NA. Once you are aware of this fact, the whole tour schedule makes sense.

Sept/Oct - South America

Nov/Dec - North America

Feb/Apr - Europe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico

Seems a little soon.

It's pretty standard for them to announce US gigs only a few months before they happen. It seems like in Europe it's more like 5-6 months out for whatever reason. I've always thought that they could get more people into the US shows if they went on sale for a longer period of time.

As a side note, I've seen them in a different venue every time they've played Detroit/Michigan since 2004. I expect this tour to be the first repeat venue. There's just not a lot of other options.

It's pretty standard for them to announce US gigs only a few months before they happen. It seems like in Europe it's more like 5-6 months out for whatever reason. I've always thought that they could get more people into the US shows if they went on sale for a longer period of time.

As a side note, I've seen them in a different venue every time they've played Detroit/Michigan since 2004. I expect this tour to be the first repeat venue. There's just not a lot of other options.

That's because the majority of gigs in the US (and Canada) are organized through Live Nation. Additionally, only two countries and not much else in terms of planning to do, which makes it easier to announce with less time before the gigs.

With EU, you have tons of different promoters, and it's more work- and people are more passionate about concerts in Europe, too.

I wish Muse would do some kind of request based tour. I reckon this could be done with a code for a poll to be sent after tickets have been bought (maybe through the .mu site or Ticketmaster etc), and then use the code to enter a section on the .mu website that would direct you to a poll dedicated to the ticketholder's event (different polls for different nights). Shit songs such as Madness, Starlight and Feeling Good will be omitted from the poll, whilst every other released song (that the band are still capable to play - so some songs such as Showbiz may not appear) will appear. And then the top 20 results in each poll will be played at the specific gig.

It will never happen but we can dream. Metallica did a similar thing I think.

I wish Muse would do some kind of request based tour. I reckon this could be done with a code for a poll to be sent after tickets have been bought (maybe through the .mu site or Ticketmaster etc), and then use the code to enter a section on the .mu website that would direct you to a poll dedicated to the ticketholder's event (different polls for different nights). Shit songs such as Madness, Starlight and Feeling Good will be omitted from the poll, whilst every other released song (that the band are still capable to play - so some songs such as Showbiz may not appear) will appear. And then the top 20 results in each poll will be played at the specific gig.

Metallica did a similar thing and nothing changed. The staple songs the "hardcore" fans hate still got voted in for every gig

They did this kind of for The Resistance stadium tour and you could vote for any song in their back catalog. They said they'd "endeavor" to play at least one of the top 5 songs each night. Citizen Erased won almost every single night closely followed by Bliss (which hadn't been played in a while at the time), usually there'd be stuff like Knights of Cydonia, Starlight or Time is Running Out in the top 5 so they'd play that and act as though they played one of the songs the fans voted for.

There was only one night were a setlist staple didn't make it into the top 5 and that night had stuff like Falling Away With You and Spiral Static in it if I recall correctly. All 5 songs were mega rarities anyway that they hadn't play in years. So which song did they play? None they ignored the poll completely that night. Infact they ignored it every night by the sounds of things

There was only one night were a setlist staple didn't make it into the top 5 and that night had stuff like Falling Away With You and Spiral Static in it if I recall correctly. All 5 songs were mega rarities anyway that they hadn't play in years. So which song did they play? None they ignored the poll completely that night. Infact they ignored it every night by the sounds of things

There were a few gigs where the top 5 consisted of only 'rarities', but usually the band would just play CE and leave it at that. There were two gigs to my knowledge where the top 5 was all rarities and they didn't play any of them, Stade de Suisse and T in the Park. Citizen Erased and Bliss were in the top 5 for both nights but they didn't even play them, they just fucked off the poll completely.

Basically, it was all just a massive fail and the band were kinda shitty about it. The Psycho Tour is probably as close as we'll get to a 'request the setlist' tour.

Re: Setlist polls, I find it quite amusing that they ignore those big polls, yet listen to a handful of fans in the front with signs (i.e. Dead Star in Toronto and New York & Micro Cuts in Montreal from their last arena tour, and Hyper Music in LA this tour). :LOL:

I'll be honest, I hate it when bands give into "fan campaigns". It reeks of spinelessness and I'd rather the band just do what they want.

I was at the UK gig of the Metallica By Request tour last year in Knebs, and aside fom Whiskey in the Jar, no other rarities were played.

I'll be honest' date=' I hate it when bands give into "fan campaigns". It reeks of spinelessness and I'd rather the band just do what they want.[/quote']

It wasn't a fan campaign though, it was an official poll set up by the band.