I liked Bastille more when I saw them opening for Two Door Cinema Club than I did for Muse, but compared with Dizzee Rascal... I'll be honest, even with the strobe overdose that lead to me wearing sunglasses all through their set, I preferred them to DR.

At least Dizzee was fun and tried to get the crowd going though. Bastille were genuinely the most boring, dull band I've ever seen (aside from Interpol).

As for support this tour (probably more suitable for the UK one next year): Courtney Barnett, Slaves or Post War Glamour Girls pls.

For the US: Lucius? Saw them support Jack White last year and thought they were great.

Edited by Jobby

I could see Incubus supporting Muse in the US. They just released the first half of their new album and Dom Anderson manages their tours as well as Muse's I believe. Though they may not see themselves as a support band.

Tame Impala would be an amazing support. Dom mentioned them being one of his favorite acts at Coachella.

Edited by Matthz

I could see Incubus supporting Muse in the US. They just released the first half of their new album and Dom Anderson manages their tours as well as Muse's I believe. Though they may not see themselves as a support band.

Tame Impala would be an amazing support. Dom mentioned them being one of his favorite acts at Coachella.

No chance Incubus supporting Muse.

Even taking into consideration Incubus are not nearly as popular as they used to be, I can't see them being just a support act. Probably a co-headline thing and we really don't need to give Muse any more excuses to play shorter sets in the US.

Aren't Incubus still bigger than Muse in the US? Even here they headline arenas.

I hope for the UK they manage to fit Turbowolf onto the bill.

No chance Incubus supporting Muse.

Aren't Incubus still bigger than Muse in the US? Even here they headline arenas.

I hope for the UK they manage to fit Turbowolf onto the bill.

I'd say they're not near as big as Muse in the US at this point. Muse headlines all the major festivals. Incubus just plays co-headlining shows and shows up much lower on the bill than Muse on festival lineups.

So in the recent Italian interview, I think it was Dom who mentioned that their arena setup will be something they haven't done before and allow them to have a closer connection to the fans. Considering everything I've heard about 360 stages is that the fans are farther away, I wonder what he means by that.

Does anyone know if muse plans on performing any new songs at Big Weekend?

Matt did say they'd like to unveil something, but I have a feeling it was probably meant to be Mercy. If they did play anything new it would probably be The Handler, as Dom especially seemed very angst to play it in a recent interview

What about Royal Blood in the US?

An un-mentionable source (I live in Brighton so take a guess) said that Royal Blood support for some stage in this tour is highly likely. I think he was hinting at European stadiums though and this was some months ago now and things do change :rolleyes:

A Swedish radio show just announced a competition for two tickets to a intimate gig in Cologne June 30th.

Wut? Surprising news if true.

Better be a rehearsal show for all the good things we'll get at Roskilde, haha.

I am really excited about Bliss becoming such a regular lately at all the small UK and US gigs, and now tonight. It's been somewhat of a rarity in the US for a while now, and, though not nearly as rare elsewhere, it was still not really played regularly, IIRC. Do you think it will be an actual regular in the setlist this time around?

UK/EU Arena tour apparently confirmed for end of this year into early 2016 at Big Weekend.

I know Matt said it but I don't see that happening at all, since they've already said they would be playing US arenas around that time and that just seems a lot more likely. I think they'll play UK/EU arenas in spring 2016.

I know Matt said it but I don't see that happening at all, since they've already said they would be playing US arenas around that time and that just seems a lot more likely. I think they'll play UK/EU arenas in spring 2016.

I was thinking though, there's an awful lot of dead space between their Mexico and South American gigs... maybe they could try to work the NA arena gigs into that time space.