I really cannot see the lead single from the previous album being dropped already. Especially with setting records, in the US at least.

There's still probably people in the US that would buy tickets based on that song.

As for the "it's already been dropped" theory - they didn't play it at the Zepp, either, did they?

Doesn't mean anything.

Boggles my mind that people would actually not go to a show because they don't like the stage design. I go to hear Muse play their music, the extravagant visuals are just a bonus.

I actually think the extravagant visuals often detract from the show - especially when bands use them as an excuse to not be able to change up the setlist at all (which Muse claimed during the last couple of tours, actually.)

I wouldn't go precisely BECAUSE the visuals would detract from my ability to enjoy seeing the band play their music.

The last center stage gig I went to, I was shoved in the back, and literally saw the performers THREE TIMES during the gig, when they decided to walk a lap of the stage. The rest of the time, everyone was nearly completely obscured by the drum stage and other set up, or I could just see part of their backs.

It was a miserable waste of a full price, nearly $200 ticket, and I left angry and upset.

So, why would I want to go to a Muse gig and run a good risk of seeing JUST visuals? I'm there to see the band.

The pillars set up was bad enough with visibility, the 360 will probably be much worse, and only exists to "one up" themselves on their increasingly ridiculous stage shows, imo.

I actually think the extravagant visuals often detract from the show - especially when bands use them as an excuse to not be able to change up the setlist at all (which Muse claimed during the last couple of tours, actually.)

I wouldn't go precisely BECAUSE the visuals would detract from my ability to enjoy seeing the band play their music.

The last center stage gig I went to, I was shoved in the back, and literally saw the performers THREE TIMES during the gig, when they decided to walk a lap of the stage. The rest of the time, everyone was nearly completely obscured by the drum stage and other set up, or I could just see part of their backs.

It was a miserable waste of a full price, nearly $200 ticket, and I left angry and upset.

So, why would I want to go to a Muse gig and run a good risk of seeing JUST visuals? I'm there to see the band.

The pillars set up was bad enough with visibility, the 360 will probably be much worse, and only exists to "one up" themselves on their increasingly ridiculous stage shows, imo.

I haven't experienced a 360 show so maybe I just don't know what I'm "missing", but that does sound pretty bad. I do find these pictures hard to believe, it looks just way too convoluted and complicated, even by Muse standards.

I still think this is fan made, just based on how early it came out. Also, iirc, someone did take credit for mocking it up. Could have been lying, I suppose, and this really was an early concept.

The part where the center is lifted up would be a nightmare for anyone up close, too.

I imagine it's a 360 stage for all, though, whether or not that's it.

That center stage gig, we took my friend's mom to that one, years and years ago, as a gift and it had been a dream of hers to see that particular artist.

She left that gig with us trying not to cry, and it remains one of the worst nights of my life.

We even all tried to chip in and buy scalped tickets for the next show, drive her out there, and spend all day trying to get in the front section, but she didn't want to go.

I really don't want that to be me with Muse right now, especially after getting my hopes too high over those small US gigs, and failing.

Didn't Matt literally JUST say that he thought shit like that was getting in the way of the music? I know that's why they wanted to "strip back" the music, but I recall him specifically pointing out the stage show, as well.

I'm kinda of the same opinion. The simple visuals like screens can be cool and add to the music without being too distracting (eg. Leeds/Reading 2011) but actors and roulette wheels and flaming chimneys are a bit much for me.

I'm kinda of the same opinion. The simple visuals like screens can be cool and add to the music without being too distracting (eg. Leeds/Reading 2011) but actors and roulette wheels and flaming chimneys are a bit much for me.

I was just talking about this, but the band (or Matt, specifically) was just talking about this exact thing, and how all the technology and giant venues make it so they can't connect with the crowd at all.

So, are they just so afraid that no one will want to see them without one upping all the flashy crap each time? Because we still totally do...

If they can't fill an arena in the US without all the bullshit, do smaller venues... they might actually MAKE money on the US tour, then.

Throw in a few big, flashy stadium gigs in areas that are too big for smaller shows, still, like CA, NY, etc.

Then they can stop cutting back the stops on the tour due to low ticket sales.

The pillars were too far - they looked cool as hell, but made it so you couldn't see the band and were super impersonal because of it.

The T2L tour, while still flashy, was a step in the right direction, actually, as it looked amazing, you could see everything including the band, and the only downside was Bellamy claiming the visuals still prevented them for really changing setlists.

A 360 stage is, imo, a massive misstep back in the wrong direction: poor visibility for nearly everyone at some point in the gig (or all of it,) and the visuals completely overtaking the actual experience of seeing the band play.

Never seen those mockups before... But most likely fake.

I'm trying to find them - they were all over Facebook a few months ago.

I'm just a little weirded out that they are similar to the Palacio diagram.

I mean, I assume the band submits those seating charts to Ticketmaster, and someone didn't just Google this and slap it on the ticket chart.

https://www.facebook.com/museiwanthetruth/photos/pb.291615834233164.-2207520000.1429808933./783586965036046/?type=3&theater

Damn, there, finally. It cropped up at least as early as Oct of last year.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

I have absolutely no gripes about flashiness because Muse can do it well, however this layout looks like a half-baked rehash of some of the TR era tours where they had the moving platforms that would reach out into the ground (like where MK Jam debuted). I'm not sure if this was arenas or what leg exactly but it looks bad here because the fans are simply so far away from the band that it just seems very awkward and impersonal.

I like the idea that the 360 stage is literally it. Just a circular platform with the band in the middle of an arena, with a runway to the entry/exit point, some lights, and that's it.

That's not likely to be the case though tbf. Particularly if a H&S group somewhere is mad enough to let them bring drones that fly over the audience with them.

I, for one, wouldn't mind them going as extravagant as they want for the tour. I don't really get to see the band all that much when the show starts anyway. Too busy rocking out. As long as they don't remove GA.

All that being said, I would love to get hit by a flying drone and retire before I'm 30.

Different strokes, I guess. Even when I was in my 20s I'd rather watch the band perform in person, especially when I'm paying quite a lot for it.

I will say that Muse is definitely a band that is very enjoyable to watch perform. In my opinion there isn't a better performing live band today than them....Except maybe Nine Inch Nails.

I am curious to see if they really go the "360" route. I think if a band could pull it off, it would be Muse.