Never been to a 360 gig so are they really THAT bad? If didn't look that bad when Metallica did it judging from video but then again that's a whole different story. Regardless I suppose they'll definitely be doing this on the European tour as they would be able to sell out every seat in an instant. Can't see that happening in US/Canada though as others have pointed out.

Yes, it's really that bad. Maybe even worse then you're thinking.

And I have zero hope of any rare songs sticking around in the US. Wouldn't dare get my hopes up.

US/Canada got Dead Star, Micro Cuts, Sign o' the Times, NSC, Save Me, Fury, CE, B&H, Agitated and Unnatural Selection on the T2L tour. Yeah, the US has zero chance of rarities.

Of those that were actually rare, nearly all were in the 2-3 cities that had the capacity for second nights. And on the second night. Felt like Bellamy was afraid to play them unless requested by a repeat crowd. And Fury was a one shot for a fan.

When was CE played? I thought the last one was once in '10.

CE was played at Lollapalooza and Outside Lands 2011. And Voodoo Fest, but that was 2010.

That's what I thought; it didn't come up during the T2L tour except in one of the Oz shows, iirc.

I'm not counting a soundcheck. :phu:

Anyways, I've been to one "center stage" gig, once. Initially everyone filled out the stadium pretty uniformly (and it wasn't immediately obvious what the "front" would be) but the main band stood nearly stationary for like 90% of the gig, making fully half of the room the backside.

So, people started pushing really hard from the sides, and everyone in the middle/front either got severely crushed in, or pushed to the back.

It really, really sucked, and I vowed to never go to one again.

I imagine even if the band moves around a bit, that only evens out the feeling of being behind the stage to more people.

CDDLWQjUMAEaWpZ.jpg

:vomit:

If muse actually do a 360 arena stage, they won't sell out many shows in the US. Utilizing the entire arena is smart if you're U2 and can sell all 20,000 seats. But if you're Muse and can sell maybe half that in most US markets, your gonna have lots of half full arenas.

So they finally went through with one of the worst gig ideas of all time. I'd rather have the TR towers back.

Yeah, this really killed any excitement I had for arena gigs.

Yeah, I really hope this isn't the regular arena setup they're going to tour with. This is going to suck. :noey:

I've seen U2 a couple times do an end stage 360 concert. I don't mind that. The only time I've ever seen a true 360 show, with the stage in the middle of the floor, was Metallica. I didn't really like it, felt like the band members were all over the place. I'm seeing U2 this summer, and supposedly they're having an "in the round" type of stage, so we'll see how that goes.

If Muse do this type of stage, it won't keep me from going to see them. But it might keep them from playing outside of the big US cities, which means my native Ohio might not get a show.

Thought they said in some interview that they only have ideas for the production so far back in like March. Jesus, I hope the 360 thing isn't sticking around. It's just not practical and pretty much everyone hates it. Five times the security, viewing angles are shit, visuals have to be redesigned, just not a good idea.

US/Canada got Dead Star, Micro Cuts, Sign o' the Times, NSC, Save Me, Fury, CE, B&H, Agitated and Unnatural Selection on the T2L tour. Yeah, the US has zero chance of rarities.

We only got Save Me and Sign of the Times on the West Coast. The first leg of the tour got screwed compared to the East unfortunately.

The first few CA shows looked more promising, but then they went with a really standard "hits" rotation, honestly (minus those second nights,) they played so much of T2L, they weren't even fitting all the standards in (I saw a show that was lacking PiB and Hysteria, for example.)

Then the last leg they added Agitated and/or US to a few shows.

US really wasn't the "rarity" I would have picked, but it was better live than on record.

I see it being the same sort of situation if they play a lot of Drones live, since our setlists are also relatively short.