It still surprises me they played it at Wembley in 2010. Good tune though - shoulda made more than one T2L tour appearance.

I specifically went to that soundcheck because I thought for sure that was the only way I'd ever hear them play RbS. :chuckle:

I specifically went to that soundcheck because I thought for sure that was the only way I'd ever hear them play RbS. :chuckle:

Fair enough. :chuckle:

All I remember from soundchecks last year was Save Me, 2 seconds of Dead Star, Feeling Good, half of New Born at the right tempo and the modulated Unsustainable robot chanting. Not quite the number of obscurities that seem to be played elsewhere in soundchecks - maybe I'll get lucky in the proper gigs on the next tour. One hopes, anyway.

Oh, i know, their next release will be ''Soundchecking Around the World'', it will include the most impressive selection of Muse songs recorded during soundchecks of their world tour.

Some tracks of the setlist are already leaked:

Citizen Erased

Micro Cuts

I Belong To You

Ruled By Secrecy

Cross Pollination

MK Ultra

Assassin

... and so on

Had anyone thought to actually ask the band what happened with this whole thing, when they met them?

Besides cagey remarks about "so... should I put my suitcase away?"

I mean, like straight out, politely asking them.

Not that we know of.

Just thinking back a while........ Hysteria was recorded at Earl's Court in December 2004 and released as a Christmas present in 2005. Well, I know it's a quick rush to get it done for Christmas as it was recorded only a few days before, but it was released the next year. And the zepp was in August, and I know it's not that close to Christmas but f muse were planning on releasing more than one song it might well take until the next Christmas to release it (if they are recording). Also, like in the US (I think) the absolution tour DVD was released as the DVD alongside black holes and revelations. So the FULL Zepp gig could turn up at some point or another. Maybe even one song, but if it's Futurism that'd do it for me! Just wishful thinking, but still.......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Muse may be headlining Glastonbury 2015.

Today Glastonbury organiser Michael Eavis said that:

We've got three headliners already – and that's without Prince. We've got some good headliners. We had an agent [for a band] yesterday on the platform by the stage watching Metallica with me, saying 'My band want to do it next year'. I can't tell you who it was but that was done on the platform watching Metallica. It it a British artist? He's definitely British, but the band are not British any more.

Then Rory McConnell who is a radio producer for the BBC tweeted that:

Eavis watches #Metallica with band mgmt Peter Mensch & says today he booked 2015 headliners last night. Mensch also manages AC/DC.
He probably saw them together at the platform yesterday. According to his tweet, AC/DC will be one of the headliners but he doesn't remember that AC/DC fired Peter Mensch in 1982.

Peter Mensch is co-founder of Q Prime which manages bands such as Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Muse, Cage the Elephant, Foals, Snow Patrol, The Black Keys. From these bands Muse are the most suitable band to headline Glastonbury next year. Even though "the band are not British any more" makes me doubtful, Michael Eavis may have meant the fact that Muse members (especially Matt) spend half of their time in the UK and half of their time in the US.

This is just a speculation of course and may not be true at all.

I'm sorry for grammar mistakes in advance.

I'd have thought if Muse would do any festival it would be V, given they haven't played it since 2008. But then that festival has drifted inexorably into a poppier context.

Either that or they could do that Hyde Park faux-festival thing. Even if Hyde Park is a poor venue.

As a Glasto thing, a first ever performance there for RHCP or for AC/DC would be interesting, and certainly Metallica doing it this year opens doors.

Yeah but Coldplay are good.

Good one.