The petition might lead to an answer though. Even if it's a brief answer like "we're working on album 7", that's better than nothing.

But the purpose of the petition isn't to get an answer from them. Of course it might force them to tell us they're working on album 7.

But the purpose of the petition isn't to get an answer from them. Of course it might force them to tell us they're working on album 7.

That can only be good though. If they ignore the petition we'll have learnt nothing, which obviously leaves us in the same position we're in now. If they respond to the petition we'll either get the anniv gigs, or an answer as to why they're not doing them.

There isn't really a downside.

I don't think it has anything to do with entitlement or demanding anything. I believe that Muse can and should do what they want. I don't always agree with what they do, but whatever. But I also believe that they can and should be held accountable for talking shit. There's literally no harm in them just saying "well the anniversary gigs fell through because this and this, sorry we got your hopes up" and releasing some old pro-shots instead (which they also mentioned but never did anything with).

I don't think it has anything to do with entitlement or demanding anything. I believe that Muse can and should do what they want. I don't always agree with what they do, but whatever. But I also believe that they can and should be held accountable for talking shit. There's literally no harm in them just saying "well the anniversary gigs fell through because this and this, sorry we got your hopes up" and releasing some old pro-shots instead (which they also mentioned but never did anything with).

This.

Why so? I don't like the way it's done.

There are bands/artists who cancel already-booked tours to get into the studio sooner and their fans don't go to change.org and make a petition about it.

It's a different situation. As has already been said, Muse strongly suggested that there would be something commemorate their 20th anniversary and the fact that they've haven't confirmed that they are/aren't doing anything means they should be held accountable for it.

Maybe a petition isn't the perfect way of getting an answer, but because it's difficult to ignore, it might push them into giving a direct answer. How would you do it?

You could also look at the petition another way; it shows how much passion (urgh) the fans have for the band.

This.

It's a different situation. As has already been said, Muse strongly suggested that there would be something commemorate their 20th anniversary and the fact that they've haven't confirmed that they are/aren't doing anything means they should be held accountable for it.

Maybe a petition isn't the perfect way of getting an answer, but because it's difficult to ignore, it might push them into giving a direct answer. How would you do it?

You could also look at the petition another way; it shows how much passion (urgh) the fans have for the band.

"Strongly" meaning one tweet (mainly done to calm down fans who were getting angry for no reason, at that point) and a couple of interviews in which they said they were thinking about it.

I don't know how I would do it but definitely not through a petition which is more or less backing them in a corner.

More like it shows how annoying the fans can be.

What if matt just said "theses are the last gigs of this year" to keep the announcement a suprise? I know this is wishful thinking but it's not 100% impossible.

Yeah almost impossible that they'd play gigs in between album sessions, I'd say

Thinking about it, they've brought back songs like Yes Please and Agitated, perhaps Muse thought that classified as anniversary? :chuckle:

And it was in europe! :awesome:

"Strongly" meaning one tweet (mainly done to calm down fans who were getting angry for no reason, at that point) and a couple of interviews in which they said they were thinking about it.

C'mon, be reasonable. If tweeting that it was a rehearsal, and commenting several times in interviews that they were thinking about doing something isn't a strong suggestion that they wanted to do someting, what is?

I don't know how I would do it but definitely not through a petition which is more or less backing them in a corner.

More like it shows how annoying the fans can be.

Yes, precisely. Matt more or less confirmed the tour with his tweet alone.

How is it backing them into a corner? You say that as if a petition even means a goddamn thing.

How so? Annoying in the sense that they could possibly be held accountable (to a certain degree) for talking shit?

Yeah almost impossible that they'd play gigs in between album sessions, I'd say

The rumored Bremen gig was at the end of june. What if it's part of the anniversary tour?

May- mid june:

Album Session

Mid june-end of june:

Annniversary tour

July- end of the year:

Album recording

Edited by MyChemGD1234

Sucks that the anniversary tour isn't going ahead, although I pretty much expected that to be the outcome. With my two favourite bands having their 20th anniversary this year (it's also Rammstein's 20th anniversary), I would have expected at least one of them to do something, but nope.

So, maybe they'll do a 25th anniversary tour when the time comes, considering that's classed as a landmark? :erm: