Ok, so Matt last night at the Paris premiere and on a couple of interviews now has mentioned about playing a couple of gigs in Teignmouth next year for their 20th Anniversary.

What do you reckon about possible venues? I cant see them playing in the local pubs when they first started out! The Teignmouth heritage centre looks promising, but its a tiny venue!

Quote from recent interview:

How do you blow your 20th anniversary next year?

Matthew: We would like to organize a small event, not a huge tour. There will probably be some concerts in our hometown of Teignmouth, UK. We would like to invite more fans to come visit us for the occasion. We were asked to make a bigger show, but something that puts more value in our origins are preferred.

Source: http://www.metronews.fr/culture/concerts-geants-nouvel-album-johnny-hallyday-muse-confie-a-metronews/mmkf!hrr4H9DgimE/

great news.. who knows how it will pan out.

And another gig at the Eden Project would be amazing

Actually maybe a week at the Eden Project! :)

That would be amazing..

Muse should be banned from Sweden.

they are, they've banned themselves from playing there. ever. :LOL:

I think the pre-sales that exclude anyone that wasn't signed up for the site/board/whatever prior to the announcement of said pre-sale works a million times better than any sort of ballot or lottery system.

Look at what Mumford and Sons did... how on Earth did that prevent scalping? Scalpers just signed up with 100 different email accounts, then sold tickets in lots or paid people to claim their tickets along with the people who bought the other scalped tickets in the set.

What do you reckon about possible venues? I cant see them playing in the local pubs when they first started out! The Teignmouth heritage centre looks promising, but its a tiny venue!

Didn't they talk about a gig they really wanted to do in Newton Abbot a while ago but that it was quite hard to organise? Most likely won't end up having anything to do with it but I thought it was worth bringing up.

Could be cool if they did the gigs under the name of Rocket Baby Dolls, kind of like what Arcade Fire are doing with The Reflektors but a bit more low-key/less obvious. Might kind of help with the whole 'making sure only fans get tickets' thing as well. Whatever they do, I hope they figure out a decent system for getting tickets, I've just got a feeling that they might mess it up.

Names on the tickets. ID verification at the gate.

I really don't know why they don't do this with small shows.

Granted, you'd have to show up kinda early, but it's a fabulous idea.

Would have to limit the amount of tickets to a low number, though, or it would end up the same - one scalper with his ID brining in 7-9 paying customers.

I really don't know why they don't do this with small shows.

Granted, you'd have to show up kinda early, but it's a fabulous idea.

Would have to limit the amount of tickets to a low number, though, or it would end up the same - one scalper with his ID brining in 7-9 paying customers.

2 tickets per ID.

Didn't they talk about a gig they really wanted to do in Newton Abbot a while ago but that it was quite hard to organise? Most likely won't end up having anything to do with it but I thought it was worth bringing up.

Could be cool if they did the gigs under the name of Rocket Baby Dolls, kind of like what Arcade Fire are doing with The Reflektors but a bit more low-key/less obvious. Might kind of help with the whole 'making sure only fans get tickets' thing as well. Whatever they do, I hope they figure out a decent system for getting tickets, I've just got a feeling that they might mess it up.

I would honestly like the idea of them using the name Rocket Baby Dolls for these gigs.. :p

The only problem I can see arising from it being board-only is if they do multiple countries then there's a high chance of them just not selling out. Granted people would travel from other countries, but if there was one in Ireland then I don't see there being a lot of people in attendance... :LOL: