This. From seeing footage of the band perform on a couple of 360 stages, they don't balance it out well, most of the crowd ends up seeing their backs for most of the show.

That and, surely, they'd have to spread the speakers out in different directions so they faced different sections of the crowd instead of them all facing one crowd so the sound would be quieter and have less of a kick to it? I could be wrong, I'm just assuming that's what they would do/would happen.

I heard the sound at the U2 shows was pretty terrible. So you might be right, although the terrible sound could be unrelated to the 360 stage.

By 'round' I'm guessing you mean they have a 360 stage? Matt has said how he loves having the crowd all around him. Also, not so sure I like the 'big' part, there seemed to be a general consensus on here (which I agree with) that the 'simple' set-up at L/R 2011 was great and should be kept. They really have no need to go bigger.

That Zenith thing is interesting also. I wouldn't have thought they'd be announcing gigs just yet though.

He's said in at least one interview that he likes those half-circle tiered types of stages though, so hopefully no 360's

I agree with simple though, good stage and good visuals are fine for me, no need for much extra props and such :happy:

They only need a big screen behind, a smaller screen on either side and some decent lights and you're done, go rock out!

And lights!

And streamers!

And stage lifts!

And dancers!

And robots!

And aliens!

And a big maze!

And a tribe of people from Tonga!

And a giant dildo!

And Michael Jackson's rotting corpse!

And a NASA spaceship!

And forty to-scale replicas of The Empire State Building!

And a live pig!

And lights!

And streamers!

And stage lifts!

And dancers!

And robots!

And aliens!

And a big maze!

And a tribe of people from Tonga!

And a giant dildo!

And Michael Jackson's rotting corpse!

And a NASA spaceship!

And forty to-scale replicas of The Empire State Building!

And a live pig!

I'm just imagining the Unsustainable part going off and all of that being released at once.

Just a question about the tour dates that are hopefully being announced today; is it possible to kind of "reserve" tickets before they go on general sale? I've been to Muse gigs before but never been the one buying the tickets, and I'm sure a friend of mine reserved them or something before they went on sale. Or did I dream it?

Just a question about the tour dates that are hopefully being announced today; is it possible to kind of "reserve" tickets before they go on general sale? I've been to Muse gigs before but never been the one buying the tickets, and I'm sure a friend of mine reserved them or something before they went on sale. Or did I dream it?

People who subscribe to the mailing list usually get pre-sale codes.

People who subscribe to the mailing list usually get pre-sale codes.

Thanks :) I thought I was signed up to the mailing list but have never received such a code. Perhaps I'm not signed up to it after all. Is there somewhere on the official site where I could sign up, or check that I am?

Thanks :) I thought I was signed up to the mailing list but have never received such a code. Perhaps I'm not signed up to it after all. Is there somewhere on the official site where I could sign up, or check that I am?
Main page, to the right.

Tue 16th Oct 2012Park&Suites ArenaMontpellier, FranceSelect

Thur 18th Oct 2012BercyParis, FranceSelect

Sat 20th Oct 2012Palacio de DeportesMadrid, SpainSelect

Mon 22nd Oct 2012ZenithNantes, FranceSelect

Wed 24th Oct 2012SECCGlasgow, UKSelect

Fri 26th Oct 2012O2 ArenaLondon, UKSelect

Sat 27th Oct 2012O2 ArenaLondon, UKSelect

Tue 30th Oct 2012LG ArenaBirmingham, UKSelect

Thur 1st Nov 2012MEN ArenaManchester, UKSelect

Mon 12th Nov 2012OlympiahalleMunich, GermanySelect

Wed 14th Nov 2012St. JakobshalleBasel, SwitzerlandSelect

Fri 16th Nov 2012Unipol ArenaBologna, ItalySelect

Sat 17th Nov 2012Adriatic ArenaPesaro, ItalySelect

Mon 19th Nov 2012StadhalleVienna, Austria

Tue 20th Nov 2012ArenaBudapest, Hungary

Thur 22nd Nov 2012O2 ArenaPrague, Czech Republic

Fri 23rd Nov 2012Atlas ArenaLodz, Poland

Wed 5th Dec 2012Spektrum ArenaOslo, Norway

Thur 6th Dec 2012Ericsson GlobeStockholm, Sweden

Fri 7th Dec 2012ArenaMalmo, Sweden

Mon 10th Dec 2012HartwallHelsinki, Finland

Tue 11th Dec 2012Saku ArenaTallinn, Estonia

Thur 13th Dec 2012ArenaRiga, Latvia

Sat 15th Dec 2012O2 WorldHamburg, Germany

Tue 17th Dec 2012Ziggo DomeAmsterdam, Holland

Tue 18th Dec 2012SportspaleisAntwerp, Belgium

You gonna go to both this time or take it slowly? I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm actually genuinely curious.

They're in both ends of the country, about 4 hours apart by train. Slightly stressful, but I might do both if I like the album. And frankly I already like it more than TR, but it could still end up being shit.