Haha I hate (US)amphitheater shows for two reasons:  1- Security at outdoor venues tends to be a lot less competent than venues that operate year-round, so queuing/entry is a complete cluster.  I've literally never had a smooth entry procedure for any amphitheater gig that I had GA tickets for.  (Whether Muse or other bands). 

and 2 - it sucks queuing all day and attending gigs in 100F weather in the south.  I've passed out before at a gig due to heatstroke and it's not fun!!

just my 2 cents.  Of course, a shitty gig is better than no gig at all if they don't come anywhere near you or you need a fix.

edited to add:  I suppose if you don't queue and just relax and go to chill, drink a beer, whatever, then it might be a great experience.  i wouldn't know 😜

Edited by hyena17
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hyena17 said:

2 - it sucks queuing all day and attending gigs in 100F weather in the south.  I've passed out before at a gig due to heatstroke and it's not fun!!

edited to add:  I suppose if you don't queue and just relax and go to chill, drink a beer, whatever, then it might be a great experience.  i wouldn't know 😜

Fair point. I’ve actually yet to get actual decent tix to a Muse show so I haven’t ever really had to worry about queuing. Plus I think I’m just getting old and like being outside in a lawn chair. 

With that said, I imagine there ought to be some incentive for the band to do these tours. With the stripped back production of these shows, they’re likely saving money. But I’m the least business savvy fella on these here boards so who knows.

On 4/17/2019 at 5:35 AM, svenisms said:

Sort of off topic but how well was the amphitheater tour received overall by fans? I’m a big fan of outside venues and think it would be pretty cool if they did amphitheater tours during their “off seasons” especially in places that got skipped over during their more major tours.

It's alright, but I don't prefer it. Definitely a different vibe. I prefer arenas and small venues over amphitheaters. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
22 hours ago, Jobby said:

Last UK gig “for a while” according to Matt 💔

Origin Of Muse tour hopes? Dashed.

Bank account? Spared.

I’m going to cross my fingers that Matt’s definition of “for a while” means “this year”. Because if there’s no UK Origin your, then the odds of a US tour go from slim to none.

Can’t remember the exact quote now but it was something like “it’s good to be back home, it’s gonna be our last time here for quite a while”. Personally got the impression it’s the ‘end of an era, time to work on a new album’ kind of “quite a while”. Boring Roadie also tweeted not long ago about having nowt on next year.

Could do some sparing festivals or dates for places they missed but I think that’s what we’re looking at 💔 they haven’t really stopped since early 2015 though tbf to them

5 hours ago, Jobby said:

Can’t remember the exact quote now but it was something like “it’s good to be back home, it’s gonna be our last time here for quite a while”. Personally got the impression it’s the ‘end of an era, time to work on a new album’ kind of “quite a while”. Boring Roadie also tweeted not long ago about having nowt on next year.

Could do some sparing festivals or dates for places they missed but I think that’s what we’re looking at 💔 they haven’t really stopped since early 2015 though tbf to them

Hoping they may do what they did in 2017 and do a small run of festivals in UK when they did Belfast, Leeds and Reading

Surely they cant miss out places like Belfast, Dublin and Glasgow

1 hour ago, safcmuse said:

Hoping they may do what they did in 2017 and do a small run of festivals in UK when they did Belfast, Leeds and Reading

Surely they cant miss out places like Belfast, Dublin and Glasgow

They’ve not been to Japan either tbf 🤷🏼‍♀️

Could do Trnsmt I guess. Festivals before gearing up for a new album aren’t unheard of.

6 hours ago, Claudia O said:

But maybe he was fooling around, and in winter „ We changed our minds, we‘re on tour in Europe again! We just had to!“ 🤪

Or it’s the last time Muse will perform for a while...

...but Rocket Baby Dolls are just about to start rehearsing :awesome:

8 hours ago, svenisms said:

Ok but touring to promote Origin Of Muse and calling it the “Rocket Baby Dolls Tour” would be pretty dope. Muse, if you’re listening...

Something I’ve dreamed of for yeeears. Partly just because I love that name for some reason but it’s also the perfect middle ground of ‘common knowledge but probs not for casual listeners’ to suit a secret gig/tour pseudonym. I’d almost love it more if they didn’t even announce it, just start seeing the name pop up on club events schedules and maybe make a social media account for hints. We’d all have to search early venues from their career to piece together a tour...

But none of it’s happening so let’s all break it off now while our hearts don’t mind too much 🙃

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah, March/April is usually when the TCT shows happen. Would make sense I guess, been a long time since they’ve done it and a charity show is worth stepping off a break for as a one off.

Doubt they’ll do a ton of rehearsal for it though so wouldn’t expect much special. Maybe organ Meg as a throwback at most.

3 hours ago, Claudia O said:

Yes, cause they „forgot“ about it last time round! Would make sense, for us, but .. :logic:

Well plus there’s the extra link of that original Meg performance being for the TCT too.

Would reeeeally love some kinda nod to OOM, obviously...a Showbiz b-side, demo PIB...but not gonna get my hopes up.

1 hour ago, safcmuse said:

They are being announced tomorrow 🤞

https://twitter.com/TeenageCancer/status/1218201311935639553

😁😁😁😁😁

that said, coulda done with an even longer break before bloody queueing up at 5am again lmao

Edit: though, then again, depending when that interview was filmed (seemed v recent), why would Matt only say it was a maybe if they’re literally about to be announced? 🤔 guess we’ll find out tomoz, if it’s not TCT then I’ll be vvvv curious

Edited by Jobby

21 minutes ago, Claudia O said:

I think I‘ve misheard him, he didn‘t say MAYBE 😅 listen again plz

“we might have two shows later this year”
“might be one other thing we’re doing at the RAH”

but then I’ve just realised he also says they ‘might’ do Global Citizen so I think he’s just using it flippantly 😅 we’ll see today

• Like 1