Hey there Muse fans. I will be in France during the summer. Are there any usual places Muse plays during that time (excluding UK)? I know no one can predict the future, so have they made regular trips to certain areas in the past? Would they be in other countries like Belgium, Netherlands, Germany? The timeframe we're looking for is June/July. Thanks.

*Sigh* Not this question again...

Muse are currently recording an album, therefore there will most likely be very few, if any, gigs. If they do play some festivals they will probably only do two or three for promotional reasons, of which I doubt they would travel to another country for. France and Germany would be the only possible countries I could seem them going to, even then it is highly unlikely however.

• 1 month later...

As always -- grain of salt, don't shoot the messenger,....

Can anyone verify this? From the Happy Mondays' official(?) twitter page:

@Happy_Mondays: I think the Argentina and Chile gigs are with MUSE? looking forward to that trip...heard Chile is also amazing...

Eh, Happy Mondays? - now that's a blast from the past! *If* this is true, assume they mean they will be the opening/support band for Muse. No indication when this would be, but they talk about a new gig in Prague in late June so I'm guessing summer also for this.

Sounds fishy to me, but then again these could be nice warm-up gigs...

edit: someone asked 'are you sure about Muse?' & they responded 'no'. So there ya go -- tentative or wishful thinking on their part, you decide :LOL:

Edited by 29pearls

and then they said "@Happy_Mondays

@Rowetta thats what it said on the agents letter..but I looked on their site and it doesnt mention anything yet?"

I asked Dom Anderson on twitter about this he said NO. but I think that maybe Happy Mondays screwed up,cause they should not have said anything...well who knows.

and then they said "@Happy_Mondays

@Rowetta thats what it said on the agents letter..but I looked on their site and it doesnt mention anything yet?"

I asked Dom Anderson on twitter about this he said NO. but I think that maybe Happy Mondays screwed up,cause they should not have said anything...well who knows.

So you think it's true & Dom's lying b/c it's not official? What are the expected dates then?

So you think it's true & Dom's lying b/c it's not official? What are the expected dates then?

I'm from Argentina and there aren't dates for Happy M,just what they said.

and I really do not know what to think.. If I was Dom I will deny it too until the official confirmation. but if not...Why did Happy Mondays lie about it then?

Damn HM!

Based on what? They could be basing their story simply on speculation regarding the original tweet.

Yes, most sites reporting this are basing it on the original Happy Mondays tweet. But there's an extra detail in a Brazilian article, that claims the HM were scheduled for Rio in March but HM asked that it be moved to June or July due to Muse still recording their album then (venue refused, no Rio date).

Regardless, the dates for the HM (according to HM twitter) are Argentina 5/25 & Chile 5/26. Whether these are with Muse or not, we'll see. The HM twitterer (no clue if it's actually Shaun Ryder or not) still claims it's w/ Muse.

What would you think, they are touring yet in the Europe in this year, aren't they? I'm really waiting them back here in Finland. It doesn't take long time when they're going to tour after release of Sixth, does it?

Sorry, don't bothered to read previous pages.. :$ I'm just keeping hopes I'm going to see them yet in current year!

*Update* --

Happy_Mondays has clarified -- Muse not w/ them for May dates in So America, but here's their latest tweet:

@Happy_Mondays dont know where the fuck our agent got it from but just heard from Muse they aint playing until September....

(not that we can trust HM info of the past few days but...) Ha! Looks like album #6 will be out by September if they will start touring then!

*Update* --

Happy_Mondays has clarified -- Muse not w/ them for May dates in So America, but here's their latest tweet:

@Happy_Mondays dont know where the fuck our agent got it from but just heard from Muse they aint playing until September....

(not that we can trust HM info of the past few days but...) Ha! Looks like album #6 will be out by September if they will start touring then!

I'm assuming the album would have to be released early September (or late August maybe? :awesome:) and then they'll be gigging by mid/late September. That is, if it's actually planned out and they weren't just giving rough estimations as to when they'd be touring.

I won't believe in Happy Mondays anymore. Do not know what to think although there were rumors about Muse playing at Stade de France in Sep..well who knows. It would be great if they start touring in September. I'm willing to go to europe from Argentina!

hope we get an official confirmation very soon.

When The Resistance Tour (Europe) started from Europe, Finland in 2009, we got info before June, because tickets went to sell then in start of June. Hopefully we'll get official info as soon as possible..

I guess it's likely.

Sounds great, thumbs up!

I'm assuming the album would have to be released early September (or late August maybe? :awesome:) and then they'll be gigging by mid/late September. That is, if it's actually planned out and they weren't just giving rough estimations as to when they'd be touring.

If the album comes out in October it is likely that they will be doing a few warm up shows before end so gigs in September doesn't necessarily mean the album will be out before then.

Could these dates just be a couple of Teignmouth style shows' date=' NOT actually homecoming shows, but just a couple of pre-album gigs to keep them on the ball after a year of no live shows?[/quote']

There may well be a couple of promotional gigs, yes. Like the Radio 1 Big Weekend in 2006 where they debuted a couple of BHAR singles just before the album came out.