Yet for their weakest set of singles...

Hmm, maybe. I bet they won't mind if they do get a nomination though. Another step closer to being mega-famous in the States. Those of us who prefer Absolution, Showbiz and OoS to more recent releases don't need Muse to get Grammy awards to know that those 3 albums are :awesome: though.

They're not nominated yet, nominations aren't announced until December 1, they're just on the nomination ballot among the "qualified" songs/albums for acadamy members to choose from when choosing the nominees... I think this is the first time for that, though...

sheeesh... how many times can one person use a variation of the word "nominate" in one run-on sentence? :LOL::$

Yep, I didn't read it properly at first. Thanks for clarifying things though:).

;8631835']they had a nomination for the mecury for BH&R which is like an award in itself but they never actually won it' date=' they will do one day![/quote']

highly doubt it, far too big at this point. Big bands are there to decorate the nominations for the winner. getting nominated for that award is what counts, I think.

Id like Muse to win one or two of these, maybe it would convince them they dont have to keep dumbing themselves down (for lack of a better phrase, dont be offended) for the US audience.

Possible Nominees for Best Rock Album for the 2011 Grammy Awards:

Muse

Pearl Jam

Them Crooked Vultures

Neil Young

Linkin Park

Bon Jovi

Tom Petty

Paramore

It all depends on the voting members of the Recording Academy (NARAS). Record labels and individuals made over 20,000 submissions this year for these awards.

"Resistance" could also receive nominations for best rock performance by a duo/group with vocals and best rock song while "Uprising" has a chance of getting a nomination for best short form music video. Some prognosticators are saying Arcade Fire is one of the favourites to nab nominations for both Best Album and Best Alternative Album.

Select committees of industry insiders determine the nominations for the "Big Four" awards including Best New Artist and Best Album, Song and Record of the Year. This is to prevent the top vote getters if they are all in the same genre (pop, country, R&B, etc.) from making the final list.

Eminem and Lady Antebellum will likely receive the most nominations followed by Drake, Sade, Lady Gaga, Miranda Lambert, Florence + The Machine, Jay-Z, and Mumford & Sons. Justin Bieber will probably get a Best New Artist nomination.

• 2 weeks later...

The Suburbs by Arcade Fire along with The Resistance by Muse and Sigh No More by Mumford & Sons are probably the strongest rock genre candidates under consideration which could nab an Album of the Year nomination according to some Grammy handicappers including Paul Grein. The Recording Academy could even nominate two country albums Revolution by Miranda Lambert and Need You Now by Lady Antebellum instead of a rock album or a pop album like Live at the Troubadour by Carole King and James Taylor in addition to odds on favourites Recovery by Eminem and Soldier of Love by Sade.

It is possible not a single American artist will be nominated for Best New Artist: Drake and Bieber are Canadian while Florence, Mumford and Boyle are from the UK.

I love Arcade Fire but for some reason I just don't like The Suburbs. Not a good song on the whole album. Not understanding the hype behind it.

Well The Suburbs acually got me into Arcade Fire. I love pretty much all of the songs on that album. I really love the whole feel of it. Very cohesive.

The Suburbs by Arcade Fire along with The Resistance by Muse and Sigh No More by Mumford & Sons are probably the strongest rock genre candidates under consideration which could nab an Album of the Year nomination according to some Grammy handicappers including Paul Grein. The Recording Academy could even nominate two country albums Revolution by Miranda Lambert and Need You Now by Lady Antebellum instead of a rock album or a pop album like Live at the Troubadour by Carole King and James Taylor in addition to odds on favourites Recovery by Eminem and Soldier of Love by Sade.

It is possible not a single American artist will be nominated for Best New Artist: Drake and Bieber are Canadian while Florence, Mumford and Boyle are from the UK.

That wouldn't be Susan Boyle would it? :chuckle:

Archived