The definitive "What order should my FX pedals be placed in?" thread

zeuzman

I'd have my EQ before the Delay at the end, at least. What do u think of the echohead Haze? I love mine. Do you have a stereo set up?

No, I'd like a stereo setup though. The echohead is a damn cool pedal, well for basic delay, doesn't really go nuts, but for the price, it does what I want it to do, so no complaints.

I don't actually use my EQ much anymore, since I've had the Super Bass, I've had no use for it, because the reason I bought it was to try to get amps to do what my Super Bass does anyway :LOL:

YellowSphere, I didn't think of that, that's a good point though, although it may work better before distortion though, because if you use a reverb sound, you get some Jonny Greenwood esque sounds (There There ;) ).

Also, I don't care what the convention is, you'll be surprised how good modulation and delay effects sound before something like power amp overdrive.

could solve all your problems of orders buy buying a nice multi, which does it all for ya. I got a Zoom gfx8 and i can create pretty much anysound i want. and it sounds good too. got ext. dist midi in/out etc.

omg! i alwai wntd 1 of dem!!!!1 thy kik evry pedl eva!!!!

I had a zoom pedal as my first pedal. Twas good for just something basic and to try out what different effects "do". Then I got some other pedals, and discovered that the zoom completely sucked the tone out of my amp. And now it's in a box on top of a cupboard. It was handy to have as a tuner though, which is all I use it for now, though not connected with my other pedals.

• 3 months later...

Bump.

Well, I'll be buying some effects soon, and hopefully I can get these by xmas;

Vox Clyde McCoy wah

Digitech Whammy

Boss TU-2

EHX little big muff

Moog MF-103 phaser

Boss OD-3

Pro Co Rat 2

Boss GE-7 (This has to be after the rat pedal, as it'll be used for a mid boost)

EHX deluxe electric mistress

Line 6 DL-4

....Anyone?

Bump.

Well, I'll be buying some effects soon, and hopefully I can get these by xmas;

Vox Clyde McCoy wah

Digitech Whammy

Boss TU-2

EHX little big muff

Moog MF-103 phaser

Boss OD-3

Pro Co Rat 2

Boss GE-7 (This has to be after the rat pedal, as it'll be used for a mid boost)

EHX deluxe electric mistress

Line 6 DL-4

....Anyone?

I thought about getting the same wah. Then I found a new Zvex Silver Sparkle Wah Probe for £165 including delivery :D

:cool:

Yeah, I'll have to look at a zvex wah, I haven't seen the demo video yet.

Ah they look great! The fact that there isn't a pot to wear out is awesome. They also have a Super Hard On circuit in them so you can push the wah harder. Oh and of course they are beautiful :happy: Don't suppose anyone has seen a Silver Sparkle Zvex anything before? I never have so don't really know what to expect.

I would go something like this:

Whammy --> Little Big Muff --> Wah--> Rat --> OD-3-->GE-7-->DL-4-->Deluxe E M -->Phaser

Not sure where to put the Tuner really, I find that my Big Muff sound good both in front and behind the wah so that's interchangeable as is the order of the Rat & OD-3 depending on whether you want to use them both at the same time and what sound you want from them.

mate the silver sparkle looks amazing! I've seen pics of a wah probe I thnk it was, or a fuzz probe. I can't remember, but it looked killer!! the silver contrasts a bit badly with the probe part though but who gives? it's amazing and it'll turn heads! do you know if the wah probe has 2 outputs like the SHO does? if it does that would be insane! and yeah it's an amazing pedal! never tried one.. but it has to be an amazing pedal!!! get some spazzms in your foot going and it'll nearly sounds like a tremolo!

EDIT: *watches demo video again...* yeah a wah probe is definitely on my list for xmas! (haha in more than half a bloody year!! :'(:'()

Archived