The definitive "What order should my FX pedals be placed in?" thread

zeuzman

Guest bshuker

Matt doesn't have a problem because the FFs are in the guitars, therefore before the wireless system. If you put them after the wireless system, (correct me if i'm wrong anyone who does it) you would have problems with impedence between the guitar and the fuzz! Though saying that surely you could whack a volume pedal before the fuzz, after the wireless and it would work the same?? Anyone wanna enlighten me.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone help me on this? I never actually knew that pedals are supposed to be lined up correctly ever since I saw this thread. These are my effect pedals..

Boss Os-2

Boss Mt-2

Boss Dd-6

Zvex Fuzz Factory

Mxr phase 90

nothing fancy :) At the moment currently, they are lined up as below:

Guitar -> Boss Os-2 -> Mxr Phase 90 -> Zvex Fuzz Factory -> Amplifier

The Mt-2 and Boss Dd-6 is new by the way, I just recently bought it :D Cheers!

Can anyone help me on this? I never actually knew that pedals are supposed to be lined up correctly ever since I saw this thread. These are my effect pedals..

Boss Os-2

Boss Mt-2

Boss Dd-6

Zvex Fuzz Factory

Mxr phase 90

nothing fancy :) At the moment currently, they are lined up as below:

Guitar -> Boss Os-2 -> Mxr Phase 90 -> Zvex Fuzz Factory -> Amplifier

The Mt-2 and Boss Dd-6 is new by the way, I just recently bought it :D Cheers!

I would do:

Guitar -> Zvex Fuzz Factory -> Boss MT-2 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Boss OS-2 -> Boss DD-6 -> Amplifier

Apart from the phaser, those are basically how you should definitely have it. the phaser is more versatile though, i prefer i more subtle swooshy sound by having my phaser before my overdrive, though you may prefer something different. play around with the order of the MT-2, OS-2, and phase 90 in order to find what order you like best for your sound ;)

:p what dont you like about the metal zones? I use it after my fuzz probe.. FX goes FP -> MT-2 -> Dunlop Crybaby -> Whammy -> (and soon to be purchased) Boss DD 20

I think the MT-2 sounds great, although my opinion changed recently as I swapped from my Ibanez back to my fender and the FP just gave SUCH a beautiful sound which shows that EMG really arent that good at making non acive pickups.. but yeah the amount of tone if I can call it that (differenciation of which string is being played.. with the IBZ it sounded like there was a wah wah on and all the strings were muted, and this was with the tone knob all the way on the bright side..)

But point is (in any case my metal zone) the mt-2 sounds pretty kewl after the FP if u stick a bright setting on..

cheers

david

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone want to help me out with my effects order? I'm currently experimenting with with what to use and where. My pedal board consists of (in no particular):

Zvex Fuzz Probe

Zvex Wah Probe

Digitech Whammy Reissue

Electro Harmonix Big Muff

Digitech Digidelay

Line 6 Dl4

Line 6 FM4

Electro Harmonix Small Stone Phaser

Boss Tremolo

Ibanez Bass Synth

Boss MT-2 Metal Zone (gonna lose once i get an amp with good distortion)

Boss PH-3 Phaser (dont really use much)

Anyone want to help me out with my effects order? I'm currently experimenting with with what to use and where. My pedal board consists of (in no particular):

Zvex Fuzz Probe

Zvex Wah Probe

Digitech Whammy Reissue

Electro Harmonix Big Muff

Digitech Digidelay

Line 6 Dl4

Line 6 FM4

Electro Harmonix Small Stone Phaser

Boss Tremolo

Ibanez Bass Synth

Boss MT-2 Metal Zone (gonna lose once i get an amp with good distortion)

Boss PH-3 Phaser (dont really use much)

Erm, you have so many options with that many pedals :D

Ok, if you want a "traditional" pedal order:

Fuzz Probe, Wah Probe, FM4, Bass SynthWhammy, Big Muff, Metal Zone, Tremolo, Small Stone, PH-3, Digidelay, DL4.

If you want some interesting sounds:

Wah Probe, Small Stone (I'm assuming you have a USA made one), Fuzz Probe, Tremolo, FM4, Whammy, Digidelay, Big Muff, Metal Zone, Bass Synth, PH-3, DL4.

I could be here all night, Just play around with those, move things around, see what works best there, with that amount of pedals, you can really experiment :D

Yeah I generally just been messing about with them in different orders, just wondered about peoples opinions, cheers haze. By the way, did you get a reverb pedal in the end? If so which one did u go for? I been thinking about getting one since you mentioned them a little while ago.

Thanks again for the help.

you should just throw the mt-2 out a window because they suck. or if you just bought it you should return it.

That is such bullshit.

When I was a younger lad I sold mt MT-2 because of people like you, on this very board I might add.

I've since learned to play the tones I enjoy and not what people like you who say their world is right, by all means give your opinion but please don't tell anyone to do anything.

Personally I love the MT-2

That is such bullshit.

When I was a younger lad I sold mt MT-2 because of people like you, on this very board I might add.

I've since learned to play the tones I enjoy and not what people like you who say their world is right, by all means give your opinion but please don't tell anyone to do anything.

Personally I love the MT-2

then do you want mine? i'm only giving it shit because it's been a piece of shit to me. where i live it was the best thing to have when you were 15 but now that i'm older i realize that the pedal is a big piece of trash. sure some people might get these "awesome tones" when using it with a FF or FP but when i've gigged the thing at my school people were telling me "your distortion sounded like shit" but before that happened i got compliments on the distortion i used (but on my practice amp). so yeah maybe it is a good pedal for but really... the EQ on it sucks (that's why all the scene xXx kids use them)

well that sucks for u.. I dont know whats wrong with ur one but mine is great, and eq wise the thing is nearly like a wah pedal with the different eqs u get.. and with the Fuzz probe it just adds that sort of sparkling sound.. great for (i wouldent call it metal but i gues..) metal..

Yeah I generally just been messing about with them in different orders, just wondered about peoples opinions, cheers haze. By the way, did you get a reverb pedal in the end? If so which one did u go for? I been thinking about getting one since you mentioned them a little while ago.

Thanks again for the help.

I'm currently waiting for the local Line6 stockists to get the Verbzilla in so I can try it out. Not going to get one until I've tried that.

As for the EQ on the MT2 being crap, it's a parametric EQ, not graphic, so it's a little complicated to use, so no, it doesn't suck, you just need to learn how to use it, rather than moan about it. The only thing I found with the Metal Zone is that it sounded a little muffled, but it's not hard to get a good sound out of it if you use the Mid Freq knob properly.

*rofl* Reverendmaynard doesnt play with his knob(s) enough :rolleyes: thats why he hates the metal zone :p

keep trying to sound like a big man. if you had a metal zone, and a marshall TSL... which one would you pick? luckily i'm not a dumbass and chose to give away my metal zone preferring the sound of actual tubes in my marshalls distortion. you'll realize the metal zone is good for about a year playing some sweet !@#$METAL!@#$ riffs then stomp on it and it falls apart.

owned.jpg

*rofl* dwydav doesn't know how to lock his door

• 2 weeks later...

ok, as I said in the other thread, I'm building a pedal board...I don't have the slightest idea of what order to put them in.

They are...

-fuzz pedals (four of them :$ )

-danelectro flanger

-danelectro phaser

-vox wah

-mxr compressor

-marshall vibratrem

-dod distortion

-tuner

keep trying to sound like a big man. if you had a metal zone, and a marshall TSL... which one would you pick? luckily i'm not a dumbass and chose to give away my metal zone preferring the sound of actual tubes in my marshalls distortion. you'll realize the metal zone is good for about a year playing some sweet !@#$METAL!@#$ riffs then stomp on it and it falls apart.

I'd rather use a distortion pedal with my Marshall than a thin sounding JCM ;):LOL:

maybe what you used on the JCM (guitar... etc..) sounded thin. doesn't sound thin to me.

I've used a DSL100 with a Strat and a TSL100 and a JCM800 for gigs using my Ibanez. They sound so thin compared to my lovely old Super Bass, which if I use my Rat with it, it's very similar to a Mesa Dual Rec, on the second channel, all EQ controls maxed out, running through a 4x12. Just not muddy like a Mesa. Nor do I have a 4x12, yet.

I've used a DSL100 with a Strat and a TSL100 and a JCM800 for gigs using my Ibanez. They sound so thin compared to my lovely old Super Bass, which if I use my Rat with it, it's very similar to a Mesa Dual Rec, on the second channel, all EQ controls maxed out, running through a 4x12. Just not muddy like a Mesa. Nor do I have a 4x12, yet.

Why, werent u one of those persons saying its pointless to have a 4x12 since its too loud?

Archived