The definitive "What order should my FX pedals be placed in?" thread

zeuzman

bump.

So, with all the new pedals, it should be like...

whammy (tuner connected to dry output) > wah > distortion or overdrive or fuzz (big muff, not fuzz factory) > phaser > flanger > delay > EQ > volume pedal

is that about right?

also, if I were to add the blue box, should that go where the distortion would go?

the blue box should really be nearer the front, if not the front, to me it sounds and works better with effects applied to it.

play around with where the mod pedals are, personally i prefer them before fuzz/distortion, less cheesy and more my bloody valentine-esque.

in general in have: modulation > fuzz > distortion/overdrive > delay

actually, general consenus is:

wah/filters > distortion/fuzz/overdrive > modulation > delay/reverb

actually, general consenus is:

wah/filters > distortion/fuzz/overdrive > modulation > delay/reverb

Every rule Haze, every rule :D

But yeah, generally speaking you do want your modulation big guns need the arse end of your chain.

Put a slow, subtle chorus before nasty distortion and you get the edgiest swirling lead tone evah:happy: .

:happy: i love doing that with my flanger

i find my sb1 tracks far better near the beggining of the chain, rather than the end

the sb-1 is a synth/filter though, not a modulation. :)

ok, soon to have xp-100 whammy, ibanez soundtank phaser (bent as fuck now :D), boss mt-2 (bent as well), ibanez tube screamer (bent also), and soon to have delay (when i be arsed to track a good one down). the guitar is an rg370dxl an the amp is a spider3 30watt, but will be changed in the near future.

Opinions on how these should go please:

Fuzz Probe

Big Muff

Shredmaster

Boss OD-3 Overdrive

Vox Wah

Jonny Octave

EHX Pulsar tremolo

EHX Small Stone phaser

Boss CE-2 Chorus

Line 6 Verbzilla Reverb

Boss DD-3 Delay

I haven't got the jonny octave yet, but I've been playing around with the order of the others. Just wondering what other people would try.

Fuzz Probe

Big Muff

Shredmaster

Boss OD-3 Overdrive

Vox Wah

Jonny Octave

EHX Pulsar tremolo

EHX Small Stone phaser

Boss CE-2 Chorus

Line 6 Verbzilla Reverb

Boss DD-3 Delay

I haven't got the jonny octave yet, but I've been playing around with the order of the others. Just wondering what other people would try.

If you want some fun noise:

Wah > Jonny Octave > Small Stone > Fuzz Probe > CE-2 > Big Muff > OD-3 > Shredmaster > Pulsar > DD-3 > Verbzilla

Dull 'conventional':

Jonny Octave > Fuzz Probe > Wah > Big Muff > OD-3 > Shredmaster > Pulsar > Small Stone > CE-2 > DD-3 > Verbzilla

or for some real fun:

Wah > JO > Small Stone > Fuzz Probe > DD-3 > CE-2 > Big Muff > OD-3 > Shredmaster > Pulsar > Verbzilla

If you want some fun noise:

Wah > Jonny Octave > Small Stone > Fuzz Probe > CE-2 > Big Muff > OD-3 > Shredmaster > Pulsar > DD-3 > Verbzilla

Dull 'conventional':

Jonny Octave > Fuzz Probe > Wah > Big Muff > OD-3 > Shredmaster > Pulsar > Small Stone > CE-2 > DD-3 > Verbzilla

or for some real fun:

Wah > JO > Small Stone > Fuzz Probe > DD-3 > CE-2 > Big Muff > OD-3 > Shredmaster > Pulsar > Verbzilla

Cheers :)

Fuzz Probe

Big Muff

Shredmaster

Boss OD-3 Overdrive

Vox Wah

Jonny Octave

EHX Pulsar tremolo

EHX Small Stone phaser

Boss CE-2 Chorus

Line 6 Verbzilla Reverb

Boss DD-3 Delay

It's so weird for a girl to own such equipment.

There should be more girls like you in this world.

Surely with equipment like that.. You can play guitar amazingly well. :stunned:

Well I'd hardly use the word amazing :LOL: Now I feel like an idiot. I'm fine I guess, half my problem is I get nervous and go to shit in front of an audience of more than one, hopefully this band I (should be) getting started up soon will help sort that out.

I have collected the pedals over 4 years, so....

Well I'd hardly use the word amazing :LOL: Now I feel like an idiot. I'm fine I guess, half my problem is I get nervous and go to shit in front of an audience of more than one, hopefully this band I (should be) getting started up soon will help sort that out.

I have collected the pedals over 4 years, so....

:) Awesome. I'd like to hear your stuff when you're done.

I'm just not used to hearing girls having so many pedals! It's like a girl playing for a football team. :LOL:

:) Awesome. I'd like to hear your stuff when you're done.

I'm just not used to hearing girls having so many pedals! It's like a girl playing for a football team. :LOL:

:LOL:

I've got some recorded stuff I'll finish and put up soon. I was wanting to add vocals to it, but I feel self concious singing with the housemates around :$ And it seems whenever they're out, I'm out aswell, or it's when I'm really not feeling like it :LOL:

So instrumentals for now they will be.

:LOL:

I've got some recorded stuff I'll finish and put up soon. I was wanting to add vocals to it, but I feel self concious singing with the housemates around :$ And it seems whenever they're out, I'm out aswell, or it's when I'm really not feeling like it :LOL:

So instrumentals for now they will be.

Gosh, you and Haze are so alike. :p

I'd love to hear it though. :) Let me know when you've got something up.

Archived